[NFL] Report: Favre to retire

He is drastically overrated.

no he's not. you can easily argue is the greatest qb of this generation, and possibly all time. (and if you go by records and stats, he is the greatest QB of all time.

If you measure him by championships won, he is the same as many other QBs with one Super Bowl.

dan marino doesn't have a ring, does that mean he was a crap QB and what he accomplished means nothing?

Great, he has a whole bunch of records. Football has never been about records. And with the way the game is passing oriented now, its just a matter of time til he loses those.

how is the game passing oriented now when you got teams that build around their run game/rb still?

if football isn't by records or stats how else do you measure someone elses greatness. he was a unreal leader too, watch any interview where players/coaches talk about him and they'll all say it.

so you didn't watch him at all last year eh? the unreal season he had. and speaking of stupid mistakes, that's all the peyton manning does in the playffs and he had pretty similar numbers that favre had during the regular season.

favre can still play fine.

Yeah I watched him and I watched him throw that last minute interception in the playoffs too.

Yeah I watched him and I watched him throw that last minute interception in the playoffs too.

His playoff record isn't good, but you can't deny his overall regular season and career success. Manning is constantly revered as the greatest QB of all time, and yet he's won and lost one Super Bowl each. The greatness of his success revolves greatly around his regular season success. Manning has lost just about as many playoff games as he's won, if not more than. Favre is costly in the playoffs, but to deny what got him to the playoffs isn't purposeful ignorance imho.

His playoff record isn't good, but you can't deny his overall regular season and career success. Manning is constantly revered as the greatest QB of all time, and yet he's won and lost one Super Bowl each. The greatness of his success revolves greatly around his regular season success. Manning has lost just about as many playoff games as he's won, if not more than. Favre is costly in the playoffs, but to deny what got him to the playoffs isn't purposeful ignorance imho.

I don't care about Manning, Manning has nothing to do with favre's retirement antics.Regular season wins mean nothing if he can't win in the playoffs anyway.

I'm tired of seeing him on tv with his wrangler jeans.Retire and go away or stay and shut up about retirement.

Maybe he'll be forced to retire when he falls and breaks a hip...

He is drastically overrated.

If you measure him by championships won, he is the same as many other QBs with one Super Bowl.

Great, he has a whole bunch of records. Football has never been about records. And with the way the game is passing oriented now, its just a matter of time til he loses those.

Dan Marino says hi.

I'm sorry but you can't discredit 285 consecutive starts. 40 years of age and the guy STILL has it.

wow, one mistake. must have been his fault that the defense couldn't make a single play to hold back the saints if their lives depended on it too right? :rolleyes:

i bet you think mcnabb is a good qb too (Y)

wow, one mistake. must have been his fault that the defense couldn't make a single play to hold back the saints if their lives depended on it too right? :rolleyes:

It was his fault he had the chance to come back and win. But noooo he chokes and throws the ball right to the defender.

Take into account the talent Favre had around him in Green Bay for almost his entire career. It was mediocre at best. Regardless of people's ranking him among the great QBs of seasons past (of which he's definitely top 10 at the very least) he's a joy to watch. His excitement for the game at 40 is more than kids fresh out of college just starting their careers. It's also not his fault that the media wants to make a circus out of him. There's no news in the off season...of course they're going to try to generate a buzz around someone.

It's called trying to make a play. Come off it.

It was his fault he had the chance to come back and win. But noooo he chokes and throws the ball right to the defender.

Actually it was going straight to Rice, Porter simply jumped the route as he did in the Super Bowl against Wayne. Two moments I shouted at the top of my lungs :D

He did throw it across his body into traffic, a bad call, but Rice didn't go to the ball and waited for it. Two wrongs don't make a right, the rest is history.

Actually it was going straight to Rice, Porter simply jumped the route as he did in the Super Bowl against Wayne. Two moments I shouted at the top of my lungs :D

He did throw it across his body into traffic, a bad call, but Rice didn't go to the ball and waited for it. Two wrongs don't make a right, the rest is history.

He didnt jump the route he was following the WR more like and favre being the lame QB that he is threw it.

alright mister perfect, have fun cheering the eagles into another losing season (Y)

Really the defender was right in front of the WR.

no he wasn't. he jumped into the play after favre made the throw. the WR didn't come to qb. it was both their bad.

alright mister perfect, have fun cheering the eagles into another losing season (Y)

no he wasn't. he jumped into the play after favre made the throw. the WR didn't come to qb. it was both their bad.

Losing season?The Eagles havent had a losing season since what 05/06?And that was the exception.

Yeah to bad even the announcers said he shouldn't have thrown the ball.

Losing season?The Eagles havent had a losing season since what 05/06?And that was the exception.

They also haven't won a Super Bowl....ever.

They also haven't won a Super Bowl....ever.

and it definitely, DEFINITELY had nothing to do with the fact that mcnabb played like crap, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the eagles qb.

Yeah to bad even the announcers said he shouldn't have thrown the ball.

fine, not a losing season, just another year where mcnabb barely makes the playoffs and chokes harder then a ######.

fine, not a losing season, just another year where mcnabb barely makes the playoffs and chokes harder then a ######.

Barely makes the playoffs? yeah right lol.

Good job they don't have McNabb anymore ;)

Good job they don't have McNabb anymore ;)

who needs him when they got vick ;) the only guy who showed up in that playoff game last year.

and it definitely, DEFINITELY had nothing to do with the fact that mcnabb played like crap, ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the eagles qb.

Sounds like a typical philly fan...

Neither has the Vikings...

Thread isn't about the Vikings. It's about Favre. Who has won more Super Bowls in 19 seasons, than the Eagles' franchise.

Funny someone mentions the Eagles never won a superbowl when the vikings been to 4 of them and lost every time.Go figure, old man favre will not save the vikings.

Sounds like a typical philly fan...

Thread isn't about the Vikings. It's about Favre. Who has won more Super Bowls in 19 seasons, than the Eagles' franchise.

lol Sure sure,but where is he going to play if he comes back??? the vikings..Favre hasn't won any superbowls by himself.

lol Sure sure,but where is he going to play if he comes back??? the vikings..Favre hasn't won any superbowls by himself.

well yeah, no one has.