There never were any gambling debts. When Booker was transported from his own reality into the reality in which he was comstock it caused him to lose his memory of the events leading up to that moment. His mind created a false belief in which he was sent to Columbia to recover the girl to pay off his gambling debts. Perhaps it's just paperwork on his desk?

There never were any gambling debts. When Booker was transported from his own reality into the reality in which he was comstock it caused him to lose his memory of the events leading up to that moment. His mind created a false belief in which he was sent to Columbia to recover the girl to pay off his gambling debts. Perhaps it's just paperwork on his desk?

Na, they are debts. They are his gambling tickets... I'll see if I can find an image. I made sure before I went into that room at the end. I was like... These are the same papers that were previously on the desk.

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW, DON'T WATCH!!!

<p><br></p><p>His desk is still the same. I think this timeline has him stlil with his daughter, but now they will just be living in extreme poverty due to his depression and gambling debts. He didn't get that way because his daughter was traded, he got that way because his wife died during birth. It's sort of a happy ending that still won't really be "happy".</p>

Just a question for those who have beat it, wondering how far along I am. I just got the

Shock Jockey

Vigor. Am I even half way through the game?

Just finished my second playthrough in 1999 mode, will start my third when I have some spare time :p

Just a question for those who have beat it, wondering how far along I am. I just got the

Shock Jockey

Vigor. Am I even half way through the game?

You're approximately at 1/4 of the game.

Na, they are debts. They are his gambling tickets... I'll see if I can find an image. I made sure before I went into that room at the end. I was like... These are the same papers that were previously on the desk.

SPOILER VIDEO BELOW, DON'T WATCH!!!

<p><br></p><p>His desk is still the same. I think this timeline has him stlil with his daughter, but now they will just be living in extreme poverty due to his depression and gambling debts. He didn't get that way because his daughter was traded, he got that way because his wife died during birth. It's sort of a happy ending that still won't really be "happy".</p>

Just remember, those visions of him in his office are not real, they're part of hallucinations.

You're approximately at 1/4 of the game.

Wow really? Than not sure why people are saying it is such a short game, as I am on about 4-5 hours of play time so far.

Thanks for the response. (Y)

Wow really? Than not sure why people are saying it is such a short game, as I am on about 4-5 hours of play time so far.

Thanks for the response. (Y)

Most people I know run through it in 10-12 hours.

Most people I know run through it in 10-12 hours.

That's about the time it took me... 12 hours or so. But I did not fully take the time to walk around and search. I just followed the pace of the game. You follow Elizabeth around and the path is drawn for you.

so i originally stumbled across this thread and I at the time, was looking for a new game to play. So i grabbed a copy of this from TBP and it blew me away, just got home with a retail copy in hand this game is frickin sweet.

I just got to Soldier's Field. Could someone tell me approximately how far I am in? I put almost four hours into the game, but I've been searching/exploring essentially everything.

Enjoying my first 3 hours of the game so far; I'll admit I haven't even really started much of the 1st Bioshock (killed Steinman) and have played non of the 2nd game, thus far I am really liking this game.

Just completed the game now. And WOW. That Ending - Insane. Amazing.

I think I will have to take some time to mull that over in my head, there's a lot more to it than what is simply presented on-screen.

I'd say it took me about 10-12 hours to complete, and i'd say I went at a pace that kept the story moving without too much exploration.

They've created something quite special with this game. It is amazing that Elizabeth becomes such an integral part of your team just through her personality that I quite missed her in the times she was not there.

I hope they will have more games featuring her and Booker.

I just came across this old 2011 gameplay video and it is well worth a watch for anyone who has completed the game. It shows how much things got chopped and changed by the time they released the game.

I think how they showed the bit where she opens a tear into 1980s is much better here.

So the overall vibe I am getting is I am moving WAY to slow. LOL

I think this can be attributed to the fact I have only been able to play in 1-2 hour spurts. So I have to kind of get going again. I have not been able to get any real momentum going which would help me move through the game faster.

Oh well, I guess there could be worse things then a game taking someone longer to beat than others.

Hopefully I will have it beat by the end of April (and no, I am not kidding with that estimate).

I just came across this old 2011 gameplay video and it is well worth a watch for anyone who has completed the game. It shows how much things got chopped and changed by the time they released the game.

I think how they showed the bit where she opens a tear into 1980s is much better here.

!

The zeppelin gameplay in that video is way better then the one in the game.

It's a good game but not great. I finished it in hard mode and I never felt that Elizabeth was in danger during combat just the scripted stuff in the game. In one part of the game I was walking up and saw two guys and she just runs up to them and nothing happens, I run up behind them and nothing again. I walk to the side right next to them and can see their faces and nothing... ok, so then I walk in front of them and it takes a second before they react... not the best AI. During my second run in 1999 mode one of the policemen comes from behind and just runs right past me and a few seconds later another one runs past me but turns around and starts shooting. I would like the game more if enemies would use vigors on me. Imagine during combat you get caught up in a Bucking Bronco and cant move or you have to get past a fight between the Vox and police and someone on the Vox hits you with Possession. Stuff like that would make you to use the Return to Sender vigor more. In the begging of the game you can hear people talk about using vigors at the fair why not have the enemies use them.

I really liked riding the rails during combat but the areas were really small when riding compared to early demo videos. I would have liked to shoot people off the rails while riding it. And the last things about my review is the Handyman...loved him. The handyman is a big improvement compared to Big Daddy. In BioShock 1 and 2 the Big Daddies put up a good fight at the start of the game but near the end you can kill them easily but Handymen are demons every time and it is great I want more of them.

Finished. Spent 15 Hours on hard, think I visited most rooms and explored the best I could. Really enjoyed it and liked the ending, Watch all the credits too.

Just bought the game today, and it's pretty fun so far. Very much feels like the original, just in a different environment.

I have to say, though, it seems like they took the route of attempting to make it easier -- doesn't seem like they're going to be much backtracking as it (seems to me, at least so far) very linear. Also disappointed it's only quick save -- no way to save progress. That's a pain in the rear for me given how little time I have to play -- if I don't get to a checkpoint it'll blow.

Also disappointed it's only quick save -- no way to save progress. That's a pain in the rear for me given how little time I have to play -- if I don't get to a checkpoint it'll blow.

i think so far that is my only gripe with BSI, as well as a few other new games. I hate that i cannot save when I want to save; i dont always have a lot of time to play so a 30 minute here, 20 minute there and if i dont reach a checkpoint boom start all over

Just remember, those visions of him in his office are not real, they're part of hallucinations.

The place is real. Most of the times you are in that office/apartment,  they are doing flashbacks or hallucinations, but that is his apartment where he lived after his wife passed away... Or it's his office that he had to start living in after his wife passed away and he fell into depression and serious debt due to gambling.

*SPOILER LINKS*

TimeLine

Character TimeLine

[Edit: Tagged for spoilers. -Anthony]

Edited by Anthony Tosie
Spoilers

My mind has been racing about this game and I read the spoilers. I'm somewhat disappointed in myself, but I can't wait to experience what's going to unfold.

Upon completion of the game, moments ago:

:woot: followed by :s with a little :huh: thrown in there, and a whole lot of :( resulting in me wanting to :cry: . Great game lol