[Official] Mafia II

Enjoyable plot, strategy, FPS and simulation all rolled into one. I thought at first it would just be one hit after another but when Vito got sent to the big house I knew the developers put some time and energy into the story line. Gamespot gave this game a 6.0 review "fair" Game Rankings gave it a 75%. Not that it matters if you enjoy a game. I'd give it about an 80-85 %.

ANNOUNCING JOE'S ADVENTURES ADD-ON CONTENT PACK FOR MAFIA II

Mafia II's third downloadable add-on is coming your way! Joe's Adventures stars Vito Scaletta's childhood friend Joe Barbaro, a brash and unpredictable wiseguy who loves to live the sweet life of money, fast cars, and faster women. When Vito gets sent to prison, Joe uncovers the truth behind his friend's sentence, and it sets the stage for his own story to unfold. This add-on content features new missions, new locations not seen before in Empire Bay, new clothing, new collectables, and more excellent music from the 40s and 50s. Stay tuned for more details on this upcoming downloadable content! For now, check out these screenshots:

beatdown.jpg

bedroomq.jpg

gunpointb.jpg

driving.jpg

http://www.mafia2game.com/community/us/features_joesadventures_screens.php

lets hope this one has some cut-scenes :p

Thursday 16th September/... 2K Games announced today that Joe’s Adventures*, the third action-packed downloadable game add-on for the epic crime game, Mafia® II, is coming worldwide to the PlayStation®Store for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC later this year. Joe’s Adventures continues the prodigious crime drama of Mafia II through the eyes of Joe Barbaro, Vito Scaletta’s best friend, during the time that Vito spends in prison. The game add-on extends the original narrative of Mafia II by combining a dramatic storyline with intense arcade-style gameplay that opens up several new areas in Empire Bay and items for players to get their hands dirty with.

Impulsive and unpredictable, Joe Barbaro has been at Vito’s side since childhood. That is, until Vito gets caught and sent to prison. In Joe’s Adventures, Joe uncovers the truth behind Vito’s prison sentence and what’s really going on in the Clemente family.

Joe’s Adventures offers an engaging narrative and allows players to explore new locations, including a train station, the cathouse, a boat yard, a seasonally changing lakefront and some never-before-seen buildings in Empire Bay. This exciting new chapter in the Mafia II saga includes new clothing, collectibles and even more classic 40’s and 50’s music. In addition to the story-based missions, Joe’s Adventures opens up a slew of optional city-based quests packed with arcade action gameplay and a points-based system that allows players to move up the ranks on the online leaderboard through combos and multiplier bonuses. Deadly executions by head shot or charged explosives rack up points, and precision-timed vehicular power slides, lofty jumps and feats of supercharged speed maintain the adrenaline-charged fun for extensive replayability.

Mafia II immerses players in a cinematic, Hollywood-style experience with strong, believable characters in a living, breathing metropolis. By fusing action-packed gameplay with white-knuckle driving and an epic gangster story, Mafia II is the industry's most compelling Mafia title to date.

Mafia II is developed by 2K Czech, the same creative team behind the award-winning, genre-defining Mafia®, which captivated millions of gamers around the world. Mafia II is rated PEGI 18 and is currently available worldwide.

For more information on Mafia II, please visit www.mafia2game.com.

2K Games is a division of 2K, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).

* Standalone Mafia II product required to operate.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86628

Nice, was hoping for some mission DLC. Currently on chapter 12 and thoroughly enjoying it (so much that I'm trying to eek it out by not playing too much each night :laugh: ).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone played Joe's Adventures already? I was thinking about picking it up, but the first result on YouTube for the first 15 minutes of the gameplay just doesn't sell it to me:

Looks even more liner than the original game (Mafia 2). So many scripted events, it's not even funny :no:

Is this the whole principal gameplay of the DLC, or is that improves later on?

Wow there's no way I'm getting this, if the missions are in exactly the same style as Jimmy's Vendetta. The entire reason I enjoyed the two Mafia games so much is the immersion and story of the singleplayer. These DLC episodes provide none of that, and IMO should have probably been included with the core game, to provide side-quest type gameplay.

Really disappointed with the apparent need to just extract cash from gamers for what is essentially very low quality gameplay. :(

• 3 months later...

Picked this up on the PC from Steam for a fiver :) Good game so far, finally got myself a decent gaming rig. Running one card for Physx and still hitting 80-110 FPS makes me wonder about some PS3 games that I always thought looked great :unsure:

mafia2%202011-03-17%2000-48-06-95.jpg

Just to annoy DL after going through my whole new build saga with him!

yeah also bought it again for the PC over Steam...already have it on 360 but what the hell, the slightly better visuals are worth it for that low price.