'I Love Boobies' t-shirt may be banned

CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (CBS13) -- A Citrus Heights high school is contemplating a ban on shirts and other apparel bearing an attention-grabbing phrase meant to drum up support for breast cancer awareness.

The popularity of the "I Heart Boobies" campaign has forced schools across the country to confront the issue, including Antelope High School.

"We've had about four or five bracelet sightings," said Principal John Decker.

The t-shirts and bracelets are sponsored by the non-profit organization Keep-A-Breast; the shirts cost $25 and half the proceeds go to breast cancer awareness.

Decker said he has been fielding complaints from people who believe teens are buying the shirt simply because of the word "boobies," not because it supports a cause.

"Some people feel, especially teachers, that it's more of a mockery on breast cancer awareness. It's not truly informing teenagers," Decker said.

Students shrugged off the complaints and said they believe the big picture is that the campaign is raising money for good cause, no matter the motivations of the buyers.

"It's supporting breast cancer either way," said student Michael Lane. "I think most people are taking it serious, but even if they are goofing off proceeds of the profits still go to breast cancer."

Principal Decker said he will make a decision soon on whether the phrase will be allowed on campus.

The Roseville Joint Union High School District is also considering a ban on the slogan.

source

"It's supporting breast cancer either way," said student Michael Lane. "I think most people are taking it serious, but even if they are goofing off proceeds of the profits still go to breast cancer."

Exactly. Even if they are buying it just because of the "boobies" thing, they are supporting the fight against breast cancer because some of the money for the shirt is donated.

You ban these then you must ban all Project RED items, Live Strong bracelets, Katrina/Haiti relief shirts (wearing the Bungie "Be a Hero" Haiti relief shirt right now actually), etc.

You ban these then you must ban all Project RED items, Live Strong bracelets, Katrina/Haiti relief shirts (wearing the Bungie "Be a Hero" Haiti relief shirt right now actually), etc.

But.... they're not banning charity clothing... rather they're banning shirts that say words the schools deem inappropriate. The fact it's for charity is not the problem.

This.

"complaints from people who believe teens are buying the shirt simply because of the word "boobies," -> jesus, captain obvious much ? :pinch:

CITRUS HEIGHTS, Calif. (CBS13) -- A Citrus Heights high school is contemplating a ban on shirts and other apparel bearing an attention-grabbing phrase meant to drum up support for breast cancer awareness.

The popularity of the "I Heart Boobies" campaign has forced schools across the country to confront the issue, including Antelope High School.

"We've had about four or five bracelet sightings," said Principal John Decker.

The t-shirts and bracelets are sponsored by the non-profit organization Keep-A-Breast; the shirts cost $25 and half the proceeds go to breast cancer awareness.

Decker said he has been fielding complaints from people who believe teens are buying the shirt simply because of the word "boobies," not because it supports a cause.

"Some people feel, especially teachers, that it's more of a mockery on breast cancer awareness. It's not truly informing teenagers," Decker said.

Students shrugged off the complaints and said they believe the big picture is that the campaign is raising money for good cause, no matter the motivations of the buyers.

Principal Decker said he will make a decision soon on whether the phrase will be allowed on campus.

The Roseville Joint Union High School District is also considering a ban on the slogan.

source

I guarantee that the principal is republican or conservative.

Schools should be focusing on the educational system (which is in the sh*tter atm) instead of being concerned with irrelevant matters that don't improve the overall quality of education.