PS3 finally hacked?

From what I've read the past few days, they've managed to edit the title ID to MW2's so it won't show up as the dev title ID.

No doubt covering traces will be worked on, it's not even clear which pieces of data Sony use for banning yet.

Already bypassed tongue.gif

Sony blocks Server bypass method and forces update or no PSN for jailbreakers

Looks like Sony has caught up with hackers still accessing PSN without updating through the server bypass method. After turning on my PS3 at 18:30GMT today, I can not login to PSN without updating, therefore Sony has now fixed the bypass method that was being used previously.

Source

Yup, read that. It will be fixed soon enough :). BTW, the damage is already done. It's going to be fun cat and mouse game like with the 360.

Well, we will see.

Well, we will see.

The only thing we have to see is about getting online active again. The jailbreak is done and works. You can homebrew and back up to your hearts content now. It's all about online now.

You really don't want this hack to exist do you lol.

What does it matter to you? If you don't enjoy homebrew then just ignore it?

No, i don't want it to exist at all cause it leads to other things than homebrew and you know that, if you want homebrew use your computer.

Says the guy that circumvented Apple security to run OSX on a hackintosh. Talk about hypocrisy.

Cracking PS3 is just the same as cracking Apple security, one lets you use unsigned code like media players, emulators, etc.. the other allows you to use Apple software on non-Apple hardware.

*edit* I like how you stealthily removed your Hackintosh sig.

Says the guy that circumvented Apple security to run OSX on a hackintosh. Talk about hypocrisy.

Cracking PS3 is just the same as cracking Apple security, one lets you use unsigned code like media players, emulators, etc.. the other allows you to use Apple software on non-Apple hardware.

Post of the ****ing day.

Viva la hombrew! :p

This post would get so much rep if it still existed lol!

From what I've read the past few days, they've managed to edit the title ID to MW2's so it won't show up as the dev title ID.

No doubt covering traces will be worked on, it's not even clear which pieces of data Sony use for banning yet.

This ( Stealth backup manager ) was released 3/9/10 and has already been recommended against while online as the file location points to the harddisk install location rather than DVD which isnt known if its detectable. Id give more info but cant find it.

+1

LOL!!

Killa Aaron:

pwned%20DH.jpg

No, i don't want it to exist at all cause it leads to other things than homebrew and you know that, if you want homebrew use your computer.

There is certain homebrew for PCs and another for consoles.

If there will be any bans. I think most people have been aware enough to not go on PSN with their jailbroken PS3.

I think people messing around with it might get banned if there are remnants that Sony can see on the PS3. Time will tell. :pinch:

Sure, you can jailbreak a PS3 using a USB drive, or even a Palm Pre or Nokia N900 -- but isn't that a little too straightforward? Jailbreaking a PS3 with a TI-84 Plus calculator, on the other hand; well, that's more like it. Still skeptical? Head on past the break for the video evidence, and hit up the source link below for the necessary details to perform the feat yourself. And don't worry -- no calculators were harmed in the making of this exploit.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/11/ps3-jailbroken-with-a-ti-84-plus-calculator/

OK, now that's just cool. (Video at source)