PS3 finally hacked?

Hope so!

Hope not... I hate all the ps3 fanboys on this forum, they all have attitude issues and might as well be working for sony, just look a previous topics like BC and Other OS. All the fanboys think sony can do no wrong...

Hope not... I hate all the ps3 fanboys on this forum, they all have attitude issues and might as well be working for sony, just look a previous topics like BC and Other OS. All the fanboys think sony can do no wrong...

Yea, or its the fact that so many just want to use this for piracy, sure there is a small amount that want Homebrew applications, but most just want to get games for free.

If this was really just being used for Homebrew, then I doubt anyone would truly care on the forums besides Sony.

What I hate are people who like to stick a bunch of like minded people in some named group just because not everyone has the same opinion as them.

Actually there's a chance that a new exploit will be found that will work on 3.41 and upwards seen as though 3.41 is fully blown open pretty much, once that is the case things will pick up again, Its just a matter of time. I do not think it will be as cat and mouse as it was with iphone or PSP though.

Finally recieved one. Its a PIC chip though so have to use PSgrooPIC fork.

Can't actually test it yet :cry: as I'm happy waiting on 3.15. Patience is a virtue. :devil:

Wind your neck in fella, I don't condone piracy on ANY platform. Why do you feel the need to label me a fanboy for not wanting pirates to destroy a console?

Yeah because piracy has really destroyed the Wii, DS, Xbox 360???????

If the console is good enough it will survive on its own merits, if its crap like the PSP with this awful controls and PS2 ports that really need 2 analogue sticks of course its easy to blame piracy.

I hacked mine out of interest, yup it worked. Upgraded to 3.42 now as didn't see the need to pirate games.

Im sure that all "hacks" will just be disabled by a update..?

I'd of thought their is some working hack out there now, just if you never connect online?

This is just a guess/Seems logical,

& never less i still like to see the real cases in my collection.

Games are expensive but if you work it out this way.

Cost of game / time spent playing it in hours = cost per hour :p

It will be next to nothing inless you really didn't like that game :p

Yeah because piracy has really destroyed the Wii, DS, Xbox 360???????

If the console is good enough it will survive on its own merits, if its crap like the PSP with this awful controls and PS2 ports that really need 2 analogue sticks of course its easy to blame piracy.

It's called an opinion, you know in the same way people think the pope can cure people, or that god exists :)

I don't condone it AT ALL. I feel it ruins the idustry and ultimately the consoles will be hurt and it's why I don't get involved.

It's called an opinion, you know in the same way people think the pope can cure people, or that god exists :)

I don't condone it AT ALL. I feel it ruins the idustry and ultimately the consoles will be hurt and it's why I don't get involved.

Yeah it will hurt the consoles, all those millions and millions of consoles and the $200m Microsoft Game Studios made in a day and the $500m+ Activision made with MW2 in a day, they are really hurting.

Yeah it will hurt the consoles, all those millions and millions of consoles and the $200m Microsoft Game Studios made in a day and the $500m+ Activision made with MW2 in a day, they are really hurting.

You can reply until you are blue in the face. I won't change my opinion. Piracy is NOT good for the industry. If it was, why spend billions on security?

Rhetroical question, so please don't reply. I'm not discussing it any further :)

Im not trying to change your opinion im just rebuking your argument, the common sign of defeat is just giving up and going lalalalalala.

The fact is if a game or console is strong enough it will sell well despite piracy, its when developers do a crappy job and create an awful game where its too easy just to blame piracy rather than looking at themselves and saying "ok we made a bad game, next time we will do better!" and learn from their mistakes.

Whats peoples thoughts on pirating a game you already own?

My Xbox always comes first for games (mainly Live and the better controller). I only got my PS3 cos it was ?100 and figured it'd make a nice box to play with Linux and BD Player. I only own two games for it (and of those I only play 1 of them!). I'll be buying F1 2010 for the 360, so what are peoples thoughts on "obtaining" it for the PS3 just to see how different it is (with no intention of playing it online, or even playing the main game - just using it to see the difference?). It's not like i'd actually have bought the game anyway for the PS3 so they're not losing any money.

Im not trying to change your opinion im just rebuking your argument, the common sign of defeat is just giving up and going lalalalalala.

The fact is if a game or console is strong enough it will sell well despite piracy, its when developers do a crappy job and create an awful game where its too easy just to blame piracy rather than looking at themselves and saying "ok we made a bad game, next time we will do better!" and learn from their mistakes.

This is where you are going wrong, I'm not arguing, nor looking to debate it. I simply stated my opinion on this 'hack' and hoped it would end up dead in the water. Since doing so I've been called a fanboy, and now you think I'm looking for an argument? Not very friendly for a new comer :(

Piracy is bad no matter how you dress it up. 'Bad games' are no excuse........ now look, you are dragging me into an argument :laugh:

I dont mean argument in the aggressive sense just a discussion, if you cant back up your opinions then dont offer them and expect everyone to just stop talking about it. I never said piracy wasnt bad its just being made out to be a bigger problem than it actually is, the gaming market is booming and virtually all console manufacturers are making a profit on their consoles, big triple A videogames are taking $200M+ in the first 24 hours on sale, bad games certainly are an excuse its easy just to have a scapegoat just like how home taping was going to destroy the music industry and home video taping was going to destroy the movie industry, companies adapt and thrive, the ones that dont go under sure its sad but i would rather have a load of good developers knocking out good games than bad ones knocking out poor games and making excuses.

I dont mean argument in the aggressive sense just a discussion, if you cant back up your opinions then dont offer them and expect everyone to just stop talking about it. I never said piracy wasnt bad its just being made out to be a bigger problem than it actually is, the gaming market is booming and virtually all console manufacturers are making a profit on their consoles, big triple A videogames are taking $200M+ in the first 24 hours on sale, bad games certainly are an excuse its easy just to have a scapegoat just like how home taping was going to destroy the music industry and home video taping was going to destroy the movie industry, companies adapt and thrive, the ones that dont go under sure its sad but i would rather have a load of good developers knocking out good games than bad ones knocking out poor games and making excuses.

Yes, fair enough but my reason for choosing to be against piracy is a simple one. It's against the law, and it's ripping off people trying to make a living. Simple as that really.

I agree, i dont believe if should be illegal but i do feel that developers should be properly compensated for their work, just wish people would stop using piracy as a scapegoat for a bad game.

Developers using piracy as a reason is a valid one. Smaller companies can't afford the costs involved to make these blockbuster games we all want. I dread to think how much money goes into the likes of GT5, inFamous, Uncharted, Halo, Crackdown, Socom, FIFA etc! I bet it runs into the millions.

If a smaller company can't forecast getting the money back, they can't make the game they want to make. If piracy wasn't around and all systems were locked down we would see far more smaller development teams across the board giving it a go. Just take the PSN and Hello Games for example

Developers using piracy as a reason is a valid one. Smaller companies can't afford the costs involved to make these blockbuster games we all want. I dread to think how much money goes into the likes of GT5, inFamous, Uncharted, Halo, Crackdown, Socom, FIFA etc! I bet it runs into the millions.

If a smaller company can't forecast getting the money back, they can't make the game they want to make. If piracy wasn't around and all systems were locked down we would see far more smaller development teams across the board giving it a go. Just take the PSN and Hello Games for example

I presume by your high moral standard you have NEVER ever EVER downloaded anything thats pirated or really broken a law? or listened to someone mp3 player loaded full of pirated music (still morally wrong).... or ran a trial of winzip in your life that was longer then the trial period.

I find most people are hypocrites and the fanboys usually take the attitude dont pirate on my fanboy console but I love the fact other co's can be....

Doesnt have to be a blockbuster game to make millions, look at Minecraft, one guy made that game and the rumours are that it made him at least $1m. Look at all the XBLA games that are super popular they were relatively cheap to make. It all comes down to taking a risk instead of playing it safe and making a cookie cutter FPS or a Racing game. If a game is worth it people will pay for it.

I presume by your high moral standard you have NEVER ever EVER downloaded anything thats pirated or really broken a law? or listened to someone mp3 player loaded full of pirated music (still morally wrong).... or ran a trial of winzip in your life that was longer then the trial period.

I find most people are hypocrites and the fanboys usually take the attitude dont pirate on my fanboy console but I love the fact other co's can be....

Who uses winzip still? :p

Wasn't the original PS and to a lesser extent, the PS2, ridiculously easy to get pirate games for?. In many places that was a console selling point