Longhorn Possibilities

I have a few suggestions on what Microsoft should do to make Longhorn the best OS ever. The key ( I think) should be style (and reliability, ect.) but I'l focus on style for now...

- Make the logon screens flash intergrated. What I mean by this is that there is a little intro first, then by using flash to display the user accounts, ect. For example, just like the XP flash tour, but the buttons are user account pictures to click on and so forth.

- Include tools such like StyleXP to customise Longhorn (hey, why not? tools such as these will come out on the net eventually)

- Buy some online software and include it. Eg. Microsoft should buy the product "SpyHunter" and include it with Longhorn, so we can all keep spyware off our computers

- Include all the latest editions of the best programs on the net, such as Kazaa.

- Give the style a glassy feel, so it kind of shines on your desktop (kind of like Mac)

Just my two cents...

Make the logon screens flash intergrated.
I wouldn't mind as long as we can turn it off.
Include tools such like StyleXP to customise Longhorn

I don't think they will ever do that because they don't want people making wild, ridiculous looking themes and then having problems with their systems. It would be difficult for them to do tech support if everyone's copy of Windows looked and behaved differently.

Buy some online software and include it.
People would start screaming "OMG THEY ARE BUNDLING MORE STUFF! SUE THEM!"
Include all the latest editions of the best programs on the net, such as Kazaa

Microsoft bundle Kazaa? You have got to be kidding! :laugh:

- Buy some online software and include it. Eg. Microsoft should buy the product "SpyHunter" and include it with Longhorn, so we can all keep spyware off our computers
Nothing comes for free my friend. They will charge you extra for that if they were going to do it.
Include all the latest editions of the best programs on the net, such as Kazaa.
I'm not sure if everyone need those software. Beside, why bother including anything third-party?
Give the style a glassy feel, so it kind of shines on your desktop (kind of like Mac)
I don't know about you, but I hate glassy feel and I'm sure that there are a lot more people like me :p
I don't think they will ever do that because they don't want people making wild, ridiculous looking themes and then having problems with their systems. It would be difficult for them to do tech support if everyone's copy of Windows looked and behaved differently.
I think the real reason behind that is that MS wants to retain the original look of WindowsXP. And by doing that, they require all VS to be digitally signed.

these suggestions are no good. i like to install everything myself, put it where i want it, and customize the install. having my os pre-bloated with crap would be terrible. and never ever expect MS to include anything third party. plus then it would be outdated in about a week.

on a side note, has ms ever included anything third party on their installs? i know i've seen some stuff in the extra folders for citrix metaframe etc, on the cd, ut has any of it actuallycome with the install?

tweaking it is half the fun.

well i want a not crashible explorer lol

and maybe some more themes that they give with it becouse those 3 are crap maybe they can let some good artists work on it and that they bundle it with xp

Agreed on this... MS pay KoL for his next year of study.. we all get a better looking longhorn...:D but really the XP skinning community is thriving (so much work being ported from msstyle now) so if I were Microsoft I would seriously consider this.

ONE!

Why on earth would you want kazaa intergrated!! I got a bit scared :p

You realise that kazaa cause like 80% of all windows crashes around the world :p Trust me I have worked as it support I know what problems it can cause... Same thing with Style Xp people would blame microsoft whenever they installed a custom theme and i crashed windows... Spyware utility could be good but remember microsoft put "spyware" in xp to se if you where running an illigal copy (removed in sp1 i think due to a lawsuite)..

Is it possible to make a flash base program to show the login info? If it was there would be a lot of security issues where a hacker could create a flash file that automaticly logs a user out and so on..

But i kind of agree with you on the last point. Microsoft should include another colour based theme like in xp where you have the silver version... Who is still running the ugly green luna theme?

I think when he mean "kazaa" he meant some type of file-sharing protocol, not kazaa, necessarily. Besides, maybe microsoft could buy kazaa, or create its own p2p software, integrate it into windows and all users would be able to easily share, search, and find files. I love the spyware ideas and stuff like that. Like, make it so I don't ever have to worry about spyware, popups, and other crap like that. you could turn these features on and off.

But wait! yeah, okay i know thats copyright infringement, so IF microsoft DID create a sort of p2p software protocol, the protocal could have barriers and stuff so only certain files could be traded. That way, this could be used legally and legitimatelly, while anyone can still use illegal methods and stuff if they wanted to...

Agreed on this... MS pay KoL for his next year of study.. we all get a better looking longhorn...:D but really the XP skinning community is thriving (so much work being ported from msstyle now) so if I were Microsoft I would seriously consider this.

ONE!

not everyone likes mac style themes and there are still lots of themers. they wouldn't hire one and ignore others which means they won't actually hire anyone!

I have a few suggestions on what Microsoft should do to make Longhorn the best OS ever. The key ( I think) should be style (and reliability, ect.) but I'l focus on style for now...

- Make the logon screens flash intergrated. What I mean by this is that there is a little intro first, then by using flash to display the user accounts, ect. For example, just like the XP flash tour, but the buttons are user account pictures to click on and so forth.

- Include tools such like StyleXP to customise Longhorn (hey, why not? tools such as these will come out on the net eventually)

- Include all the latest editions of the best programs on the net, such as Kazaa.

- Give the style a glassy feel, so it kind of shines on your desktop (kind of like Mac)

Just my two cents...

Flash integrated logon screen? why? you want to see some animations every time before you login? not much of a use to me.

lol include all the latest editions of the best programs on the net.. so that they can charge you more for Windows? :no: don't be lazy... if you want the program, go download it yourself. not everyone needs kazaa.

I have some suggestions for longhorn. how about a system smaller than a gig to install and that run using less than 64 mb of ram when im not doing anything. that would be cool

i mean honestly they just keep adding crap that makes it so i have to buy better stuff just to make it run as fast as it used to

oh well i guess we won't see that unless microsoft makes a fresh start

Wow. I'm finally starting to understand different mind-sets. Some people like an OS to be fully integrated and ready to use out of the box with plenty of easy to use features and things to do. And then there are others who want more of a smallish operating system where all they care is that it runs fast. They don't seem to want anything "extra" out of it. They are afraid of the cost of these added on features. I don't know if anyone else is like this, but I'd like to see an OS with both sides' strengths. What if you could have the first operating system, where a lot off cool stuff is included and there is lots to do but it is very simple to use, YET, it was still very speedy, and could have features that you could turn off if you wanted...I think a great os should have the best of both worlds. Maybe the OS could price differently for different users. For example, if you wanted the Maxed Out OS, with a simple, speedy, intuitive interface and many features ready to use, you could pay a premium. If you wanted a slimmed down OS, or "OS Lite" then you could pay less.

:rolleyes: Flash is so over-used these days. Every time I see flash used in an obvious manner especially in an application, it bothers me. If they were going to do some intro animation, it should be limited to some smooth fading, and a little bit of motion. Maybe, maybe, a nice background loop that is simple and not too distracting. It shouldn't be Flash based at all. It should be high-quality MPG's and text in tables to give it a really high-quality look. Also, I don't think that Flash would integrate very well with Microsoft's high-security user-management system.

Boycott Flash! :p

Just my two cents...

Uh...sure. And in a few years when you're out of junior high and watching the computer industry from your night supervisor desk at McDonald's you just may understand why none of those matter to businesses or for home owners who actually pay for the software.

Jeez.

I would mind it to keep my Vid drivers and Bios ect up2 date (off topic) hey i jus finish my last windows XP update that bloody 23mb file a pain on 56k

Just my two cents...

Uh...sure. And in a few years when you're out of junior high and watching the computer industry from your night supervisor desk at McDonald's you just may understand why none of those matter to businesses or for home owners who actually pay for the software.

Jeez.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They are all rubbish childish suggestions.

Microsoft bundle Kazaa? You have got to be kidding! 
Well I must say it's the best idea I've heard today. But, i don't think it's going to happen. M$ supporting piracy, lmao :D

wait...Mac OS has animations but none of it is flash based animation...?

None of MacOS X's animations are based on Flash. They are all handled by Quartz Extreme (OSX's GUI graphics engine). So, nope, no Flash in OSX and there never will be!

Boycott Flash! :p (just kidding)