• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

new nikon D7000

crazzy88ss    65

_16.2 Megapixels. (CMOS sensor, DX format, 6fps)

_1080p full HD video. (24fps)

_ISO up to 6400 (pushable to 25,600)

_Magnesium alloy construction (read “pro quality”)

_6FPS

_39 pt AF system

_Dual SD

_$1200

http://nikonrumors.com/2010/09/15/the-official-announcements.aspx

http://nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25468/D7000.html

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2010/09/nikon-d7000/

Looks pretty sweet. It's like a DX D700 with higher FPS (without the grip on D700).

TAZMINATOR    12,416

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Seems like a great camera. I think my brother may get that in near future to upgrade from D700. Who knows.

COKid    875

39 pt AF. Holy crap!

Duffydemon    484

Congrats, that looks like a nice camera..... :)

far better than my 2 year old lumix LS80

Valerus    1

dang son

crazzy88ss    65

Yeah, I saw that earlier. Seems like a great camera. I think my brother may get that in near future to upgrade from D700. Who knows.

I don't think it's an "upgrade" from a D700. It's equal to a D700, but at less than 50% the price.

39 pt AF. Holy crap!

D300 and above has 51af points.

Congrats, that looks like a nice camera..... :)

I don't own it... it was just announced last night.

Argote    73

I saw the preview on dpreview and it seems really really nice. I'd say it will be the best camera in its price range when it comes out.

Andre    9

Lol, upgrade from D700? How is going from FX to DX an upgrade? It's not even an equal. ISO numbers might be the same, but the quality is far worse than that of D700. Look at the ISO 3200 samples posted by Chase Jarvis.

lawtai    3

Looks like it'll be a great camera and a worthy upgrade for the D90.

TAZMINATOR    12,416

I don't think it's an "upgrade" from a D700. It's equal to a D700, but at less than 50% the price.

Lol, upgrade from D700? How is going from FX to DX an upgrade? It's not even an equal. ISO numbers might be the same, but the quality is far worse than that of D700. Look at the ISO 3200 samples posted by Chase Jarvis.

It's not what I meant... I wasn't talking about to trade in for D7000... I meant my bro can use D7000 for something else. Since D700 do not have D-movie feature in it. He may get D7000 if he's interested in it. He likes D700 a lot but no movie feature. He would like to make some short movies.

Mekun    73

Why do people feel the need to have hd video on cameras like this. I would rather have better function than hd video, for the same price.

threetonesun    1,204

Why do people feel the need to have hd video on cameras like this. I would rather have better function than hd video, for the same price.

What "better feature" would you like them to add? I believe that given the sensors going into these cameras to make them the cameras they are, HD video is basically a freebie for the manufacturer.

TAZMINATOR    12,416

Some movie/TV directors use their DSLRs to make TV shows or movies. Did you hear about the "House MD" director that he used his DSLR for the final episode while back?

They use their either Nikon or Canon cameras. House MD director uses Canon 5D Mark II.

I made some videos with my DSLR. My brother borrows my camera sometimes since he doesn't have video feature in his DSLR.

crazzy88ss    65

I'm tired of people complaining about video on DSLRs. It's been TWO YEARS. Get over it, seriously. Go complain other places. Many MANY people use video on their DSLRs. The HD video on my D90 has payed for itself in stock video sales on places like pond5.com and istockphoto.com.

Argote    73

Given that HD video is, as mentioned before, basically a freebie since you already have the sensor and a processor chip in there, it makes sense to include it as it could come in handy and is a very powerful marketing element.

sask    0

Just noticed this D7000 uses it's own style of battery that doesn't look like it's compatible with any other Nikons.

Nicholas-c    37

So is this for war against the canon 60d or 7d, I imagine 7d. Either way, wow. Nice camera is nice. Too bad I have canon lenses already :p

crazzy88ss    65

Just noticed this D7000 uses it's own style of battery that doesn't look like it's compatible with any other Nikons.

I'm guessing this is the new battery Nikon will be using on their non-flagship models, so give it a few years.

Argote    73

So is this for war against the canon 60d or 7d, I imagine 7d. Either way, wow. Nice camera is nice. Too bad I have canon lenses already :p

It basically rivals the 7D at 60D prices. Sweet WIN for Nikon.

Nicholas-c    37

It basically rivals the 7D at 60D prices. Sweet WIN for Nikon.

Well, In the UK you can get a 7D for ?999.98 and the 60D ?839.98 where as the D7000 is ?1,089.99. I mean, its not that much more considering how good the specs are, It only matters if you are canon or nikon already :p