Cricket V Baseball. Which way do you swing or slide?

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you follow Cricket or Baseball?

• I follow both.
    • I follow baseball only (but I understand cricket).
    • I follow baseball only (but I don understand cricket)
    • I follow cricket only.
    • I follow neither.

Never really seen threads on either. So with cricket being very prominent in the news at the moment (damn those cheating Pakistanis, but that is probably another thread) I thought I start a poll. Add in who you support as well. I'm a Durham and England fan.

I've tried to watch baseball a few times but it seems to have none of the technical aspect and drama of a good test match and I find it very dull. I'm certain this sentiment will be repeated the other way round for baseball fans but I'm curious if that is because you don't understand cricket or if it is the extra knowledge needed that is no fun.

Interesting timing, i just posted about cricket the other day. I'm a Kent and India supporter but i'll watch any cricket that's on TV (even the Champions League going on at the moment).

I've also tried watching baseball a couple of times and while i was able to make sense of it after a while it didn't seem to hold the same level of interest in me as cricket does. I was having a conversation about which of the two is harder and in my opinion it was cricket because of the endurance required and more variety possible.

Although, like you say, people may see if differently. I know when people think of test cricket they think that it's all just standing around and batsmen leaving every ball and sometimes people don't seem to like the fact that you can play for five days and still end up drawing the match. A lot of the times people end up thinking that no runs being scored = boring but it's really quite the opposite.

Baseball is just a game with longer bats that is really 'rounders'.

Cricket is the best game on the planet.

I, for my sins support Surrey CCC & England, I also like West Indies and Pakistan.

I prefer test cricket rather than one-day (40, 50 or 60 overs) or twenty-20 or whatever it is called.

Yorkshire CCC + Sri Lanka are my favourite teams!!!!

I like cricket a lot. Used to play a bit too.

I'd like to play some baseball one day maybe, but doubt I would watch a lot (if it was on TV here).

I love my Cricket. Am a massive England fan.. Really enjoy tests but also love a bit of 20/20 or One Day action. Current One Day series with Pakistan proving great. 2-2 with 1 to play :woot:

I dont know about baseball much but i hate cricket.....its like religion in my country.....Cricket fans everywhere :crazy:

Never really seen threads on either. So with cricket being very prominent in the news at the moment (damn those cheating Pakistanis, but that is probably another thread) I thought I start a poll. Add in who you support as well. I'm a Durham and England fan.

I've tried to watch baseball a few times but it seems to have none of the technical aspect and drama of a good test match and I find it very dull. I'm certain this sentiment will be repeated the other way round for baseball fans but I'm curious if that is because you don't understand cricket or if it is the extra knowledge needed that is no fun.

Corruption in cricket is rampant, if the allegations are true then looks like these guys were the unlucky ones that got caught.

Cricket is awesome though, did you guys watch the game yesterday Razzler was letting loose the blitzkrieg!

I don't follow either sport, but if I had to follow one of them, it'd be baseball. Cricket is too boring for me, and I don't understand half the rules. And in cricket, I really hate the Duckworth-Lewis method.

I been cricket fan all along, never been interested in baseball. Ohh BTW I'm miserable-insane-unpredictable-and-now-cheat Pakistan and golden-era West Indies fan.

I think cricket is heading the same way with it's T20 version. It designed for slogging, soon you will have big muscular chaps having a go at little pink ball. Whoever hit most balls out of the grounds wins the game. Bowlers may quit bowling all together or just slow bowlers may survive or may be replace with bowling machines. :blink:

I have been a massive cricket fan all my life. I really love Test match cricket, especially those involving England. But in the last 3 years I have also started following baseball. I have become a fan of the Yankees, and understand the rules and tactics fairly well. Although baseball is exciting, especially during the post-season, I feel there's much more skill involved with cricket, and a lot more unpredictibility. So, cricket is definitely the winner here, but both of them are inifinitely better than football (soccer).

How is this even logical? We are comparing a sports game (baseball) with an common, though lovely sounding insect. /

LOL, thanks, that made my day! :laugh:

I dont understand one thing about football/soccer is that when a player falls down why they act allot???

In cricket and tennis ohh let me add Rugby, players keep on playing with fractures... Why cant the football players do that???

Corruption in cricket is rampant, if the allegations are true then looks like these guys were the unlucky ones that got caught.

Cricket is awesome though, did you guys watch the game yesterday Razzler was letting loose the blitzkrieg!

I'm still undecided as to how widespread it is. I do wonder if it is endemic which is why the ICC never seems to look to closely into things. However I am of the opinion that Pakistan are a big bunch of liars and cheats. I'm sorry if this offends everyone but they are. One or two may be ok but there are so many bad apples that they are all ruined.

Now they seem to be following the same plan that got them off the hook in the Darrell Hair/Ball tampering thing. Crying victimisation and a conspiracy and make a huge number of unfounded accusations. I'm with Beefy on this one. They should get a long ban.

I think it is a shame that their performance yesterday was overshadowed by Butt and all his nonsense. Would it have played the same if he'd kept his mouth shut? Who knows.