Longhorn Beta1 at the PDC03

then if beta 1 does come, that will be a great brithday present(it will leak)

cause my birthday is Oct, 16

thats sad if thats what you want for your birthday. man i thought i was a geek but sheesh you seem to take the cake.

this isnt really that big of news considering the last was beta starting end of 2003 begining 2004.

Hey guys...this is from the actual transcript:

"Now, the next step for Longhorn, we've had some design previews already. We've shared with partners as well as ISVs and IHVs what we're doing. We do have regular builds running of this. The next big event is PDC, which is our Professional Developer Conference, which is coming up at the end of October. We will be handing out CDs there to get the developers going, to let them see the great capability that we're putting into Windows, and then later next year we will be doing Beta 1, which will be a broad beta of the technology of Windows code-named Longhorn. As Bill said, there are other pieces coming in the Longhorn wave but I'm just talking about the client here."

Beta 1 will not be ready by the PDC...we'll be getting a developer's preview. For those who didn't actually watch the presentation, you were able to make the separation. Unfortunately, for those who just looked at the ppt, which was poorly organized on this specific slide, it made it look like Beta 1 would be released in October. Way too early guys. :)

thats sad if thats what you want for your birthday. man i thought i was a geek but sheesh you seem to take the cake.

this isnt really that big of news considering the last was beta starting end of 2003 begining 2004.

:D

i was just joking dude :p

that may be an important key for me to decide whether to get a G5 or a PC as a graduate present next year!

The PDC will be an important key for me as well...If I see that longhorn comes bundled with software like mac os x, then I'll wait for longhorn to come out and buy a nice laptop/tablet in early 2004. If Apple releases a G5 15 inch powerbook by early 2004, then I might go with the g5 powerbook, instead of a windows laptop.

^_^ well im guessing you'll become a mac man... becuase microsoft doesnt usually make a habit of doing this.

lols

ya.. i thought Longhorn Beta 1 was going to be in 2004, then final in 2005 ?

M6 was supposed to be shown at PDC in October 2003

and a week after PDC starts :)

My bday is Oct 16th too!!!

The PDC will be an important key for me as well...If I see that longhorn comes bundled with software like mac os x, then I'll wait for longhorn to come out and buy a nice laptop/tablet in early 2004. If Apple releases a G5 15 inch powerbook by early 2004, then I might go with the g5 powerbook, instead of a windows laptop.

I think you'll be waiting a long time for a G5 laptop, unless its powered by fuel cells or something :D

I really do think a moderator needs to change this thread title to Longhorn preview, instead of, Longhorn Beta... because Longhorn beta doesn't come out till a bit after this event. ;)