Which are better tv's overall, LCD, LED, or Plasma?

I have a Panasonic Plasma that I game on almost every night for 2-3 hours and never run into issues with burn in. I might see something slightly but after a few seconds of having a new picture it goes away. A HUGE factor that helps prevent against burn in is doing a proper break in period of around 100 hours. This is basically running some type of color pattern when not in use and making sure to keep static objects to a minimum for the first 100 hours. I know 100 seems like a lot but if you let the pattern run while you sleep you're looking at 49-56 hours in one week.

Also it should be noted that there are two types of LED lit LCD panels and each produces a different picture quality.

• 5 weeks later...

Definately LED. LCD next, then plasma.

You'd have to be really nitpicky to see the differences between GOOD panels on each thesedays though.

I love my Sony Bravia. :D

Agreed with you. Although, I just bought a 42" LCD because I didn't want to pay double for LED technology. Still got that Bravia? Was always jealous of that.

Plasmas are hard to find in anything smaller than 50" these days. At that size TVs get almost too big for gaming.

When is a TV screen too big for gaming?? We have many movie theater here that offer gaming package, you can rent them to play Xbox, PS3 with friends and it look awesome.

Bigger IS better.

Plasma is WORSE option for gaming. While burn in isn't a big deal anymore it still happens. I have a few friends with plasmas that have slight burn in everytime they play for an hour or so.

Plasma is the BEST option for movies. The quality is unbelievable. I would also recommend panasonic as top for plasma tvs.

But I would say LED > LCD > Plasma. Also samsung, panasonic, lg and sharp

Not all of plasmas... Some of plasmas have anti-burn which you wouldn't worry about image burn-in while watching movies or playing games. Some of my friends have plasmas and games look great on these TVs.

My brother has 50" plasma and he doesn't have anti-burn. No games allowed on his tv. Even this tv doesn't have built-in speakers. He hooked it up to his stereo with DVD player for great sound during movies.

My friend has same brand and size tv as my brother's ... also has anti-burn in it, including built-in speakers. His son plays PS3 games on it. No problem.

Why does it seem TOO sharp? It's almost like everything I watch on it was taken from raw footage off the camera, you know like those British or Canadian (mid-low budget) detective dramas which visually feel very off. Very cold and unnatural. This is a comparison to a 47" Samsung plasma which my friend has, playing the same movie the images are much warmer. It's really hard to explain.

Now I'm trying to figure out what exactly causes this, what the difference between the plasma and LCD is, and if I can avoid that cold unnatural sharpness with the LED.

My 46 Samsung has something called "Motion Flow" or something around those lines that needs to be disabled as it causes exactly what you describe, look for that on the TV settings.

LED. Don't let those slack-jacked yokels tell you any different. If you don't have the money you can always wait until the come down in price and you know they will. They will come down in price so hard.