The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Witcher 2's sexual content censored 'down under"

CD Projekt has announced that the Australian version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be censored a bit.

While Australia has adopted a 15+ rating for video games, The Witcher 2 occasionally offers up sex as a possible choice of reward for completing specific quests. The Australian version of the game will still include the associated quests, albeit with modified reward choices.

According to a statement released by CD Projekt, the changes to the Aussie version aren't major ones.

In order to obtain the rating in Australia, CD Projekt RED was unexpectedly obliged to make small changes to game content relating to the topic of sex as a reward. Since these changes are quite minor, especially relative to the total amount of content, they are unlikely to significantly affect the overall play experience.

It's not the first time that mild censorship has struck the series. Those who played the original game will likely remember that some of the game's sexual content (in the form of naughty trading cards the player would receive after each pantless encounter) was censored a bit for The Witcher's initial North American release.

Game is awesome, but book story which is base for this game is brilliant, so if You like, search for it, it was translated to English as well ;)

Witcher 2's sexual content censored 'down under"

CD Projekt has announced that the Australian version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings will be censored a bit.

While Australia has adopted a 15+ rating for video games, The Witcher 2 occasionally offers up sex as a possible choice of reward for completing specific quests. The Australian version of the game will still include the associated quests, albeit with modified reward choices.

According to a statement released by CD Projekt, the changes to the Aussie version aren't major ones.

^^ The censored bits is not a huge loss imo. From what I've read pretty much the sex rewards are changed from being given a choice of having sex to a choice of having sex 'naturally' once the quest is completed :shifty:

I'm thinking of preordering the Collector's edition tomorrow before work so I can get the bonus preorder goodies like the Witcher 2 branded mouse and a mousepad =3 But I'm still not sure if I should get this or Dungeon Siege 3 :blush:

First review is out in polish gaming magazine CD Action, they've prepared an english version of some of the highlights from the review:

CD Projekt RED has created an RPG game, quality of which is matched only by Mass Effect 2 [...] As i neared the grand finale I was becoming sure that whatever the end might be and whenever it would happen, as soon as it does, I'll start the game from the beginning.

More @ source

http://www.cdaction.pl/news-19164-2/wiedzmin-2-zabojcy-krolow--recenzja-pierwsza-na-swiecie.html

(don't mind the url, article is in english :p )

yeah ME2 was more of an excellent story-rich shooter, you blinked and you missed the RPG parts. still not getting The Witcher 2, sorry inferniac...

This is my most anticipated game of the year so far. I was finally able to finish The Witcher last week (awesome game btw) and everything I've seen about The Witcher 2 so far makes me think that it will be even better. The "Dev Diary 6: Combat" video is my favorite yet :).

So I never played The Witcher 1, generally speaking these are not my type of games, but I have to say the more talk I see about the game, and the more priase i read, I have to say i am at least semi interested in it.

So my million dollar question, the one that very well will determine if I decide to take a risk and check The Witcher 2 out...

Is the combat real time?

Basically I cannot stand any combat system that is turn based and/or that I have to click a bunch of buttons and then the action happens. So that will literally make or break this game for me. For example I was able to play The Elder Scrolls Oblivion because the combat was real time.

The combat is in real-time and it looks fantastic. In the video I posted on the previous page you can take a more detailed look on the combat mechanics.

Thanks for sharing. I think that pretty much sealed the deal for me, I will definitely be checking this game out. (Y)

Using this link you can get an additional 15% off on D2D, or any game on the site for that matter:

http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/offers/615051861/interstitial/xKB32

It's also 10% off as well, so that makes it 25% off total. Not sure if this is for the US only though.

I'm still torn about getting this game. I haven't finished the first one even though I have it.

So just to confirm, the first Witcher's combat is not real time and is click based? Correct?

I see it is on sale for 4.99 at GOG.com, but no real time combat means I have almost zero interest. TIA

So just to confirm, the first Witcher's combat is not real time and is click based? Correct?

I see it is on sale for 4.99 at GOG.com, but no real time combat means I have almost zero interest. TIA

Yup it's click based but imo it's real time in that you have to time your clicks in order to perform combos and other special moves in real time if that makes any sense =p I think for 4.99 I think it's worth it plus the events from Witcher 1 will lead on to Witcher 2 like Mass Effect.

It's real time combat. Basically, you have to time your strikes & block when necessary.

The combat isn't for everyone, I'm sure if the first one had more hackenslash type combat (like most RPGs) the first one would've been even more popular.

For $5, it's worth a try.

Yup it's click based but imo it's real time in that you have to time your clicks in order to perform combos and other special moves in real time if that makes any sense =p I think for 4.99 I think it's worth it plus the events from Witcher 1 will lead on to Witcher 2 like Mass Effect.

It's real time combat. Basically, you have to time your strikes & block when necessary.

The combat isn't for everyone, I'm sure if the first one had more hackenslash type combat (like most RPGs) the first one would've been even more popular.

For $5, it's worth a try.

Thanks for the replies.

I bolded out the one sentence above as that is exactly what I said to myself, plus I just really support the whole DRM free games concept, so I took a pretty big risk* and purchased it. I have already actually downloaded all 8.6 GB and it is installing now. Will see how I make out.

* Considering I have not really liked a single RPG in the history of video games, I am not holding much hope, :laugh: but something tells me if I were ever to change my mind about the genre itself, this will be the game that does it. Now, the other issues I face is to only make some time to actually play it. But I spend $5 on much sillier things without even thinking about it, so I really had nothing to lose. Thanks for convincing me.

8.6gb??? I just reinstalled the first Witcher through Steam last night and it's 14gb. Lucky. :laugh:

Yeah I had seen some comments about that, some people were saying their original install files were actually closer to 20 GB when the game was first released. Not sure what is up and why it is only 8.6 GB. Perhaps the optimized it a bit more over the years?

Also they do offer a lot of the side non game related stuff that comes with the enhanced version as separate downloads, but it definitely does not equal an additional 6 GB worth of stuff. :iiam:

And actually, the GOG download extracted to 10.2 GB. Still not 14, but I imagine somehow things are compressed a bit more in their installer. :yes: