iTunes 10 Themes

They look really good. Is there a Windows version?

I've been trying to port them over to windows but i'm having trouble opening the iTunes.qtr file which has all of the resources for me to edit, but on mac the file itself is just a regular .rsrc file. I need someone to help me on that part so i can do it, cause i really don't want to leave out the windows users.

I would love the silent night one on Windows.

Yeah you and 60,000 + windows users want this :laugh:, which are constantly asking me to do this port, but i need someone with some serious skills who knows how to open a .qtr file. I have searched Google and have found not much help regarding this such file and the only person that knew how to was the original guy who made the theme but he's been missing for 4 months.:blink:

Very cool, but I always get paranoid with replacing resource files on Mac OS X, never know if it's going to cause an update to break in future...

Very cool, but I always get paranoid with replacing resource files on Mac OS X, never know if it's going to cause an update to break in future...

it's harmless and will not break any future updates.

That's correct. However, the annoying part about iTunes is that you have to release an updated version of your theme every time an update is released.

Realllyyy? Hmm...

That's correct. However, the annoying part about iTunes is that you have to release an updated version of your theme every time an update is released.

So any idea where one could find such skins? A Repo?

yes it's very annoying on my part cause i have to update most of the resources every time jeez, and now that i have taken the responsibility of two themes it's gonna be crazy during my November gaming sessions.

Realllyyy? Hmm...

There isn't many iTunes themes due to the constant updating that has to done and to some degree the complexity, but you can search Deviantart or use iconpaper.org

macthemes.net for example. To me it's just too much of a hassle, so I gave up on it a while ago.

The one thing I don't like about the themes there is the fact that the navigation sidebar is still the same colour. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but for me it detracts from the overall look. I do like that Silent Night theme though. I would definitely get it if it weren't for the navigation bar issue.

The one thing I don't like about the themes there is the fact that the navigation sidebar is still the same colour. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but for me it detracts from the overall look. I do like that Silent Night theme though. I would definitely get it if it weren't for the navigation bar issue.

We use to be able to change the color of the sidebar back in version 8, but apple screwed with the hex location... so can't really find it anymore.

Is it too much to ask for someone to be able to theme iTunes so it fits better with Windows in general. For example make the Minimize/Maximize/Close buttons fit better, change the default font to Segoe UI and add rounded corners back?

That would be awesome! (Y)