Ronda's athleticism is unparalleled. I know the open workouts are meant to be a show but the grappling segment she does is just so amazing. The tumbling in the end is pretty impressive as well. She's fast, agile, flexible, and at the same time immensely strong.

Bethe has a better chance of reaching the Sun on a sailboat than beating her.

• 3 weeks later...

Ronda Rousey vs. Holly Holm announced for UFC 195

All I can say is: LOL. Holly Holm looked good against Marion Reneau but wasn't outright dominating that fight and was never close to a finish. At this point in time, this fight will make a lot of money (if the UFC 190 numbers are to be believed) but Amanda Nunes was in a much better position to fight Ronda. I hope they book her against Tate.

They are running out of victims for Ronda, and really don't care for a third Rousey - Tate fight 

I would wager that Ronda will just retire soon, maybe "unretire" to beat up on Cyborg, but even that is a joke fight 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LAS VEGAS -- The Nevada State Athletic Commission suspended UFC welterweight Nick Diaz for five years on Monday because of the third marijuana-related offense of his career.

The NSAC discussed a lifetime ban for Diaz, 32, before voting unanimously on five years.

http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/13657932/nevada-bans-ufc-nick-diaz-5-years-marijuana

######## ######, especially when compared to Anderson Silva's one year suspension for using steroids. :angry:

• 1 month later...

Following a review of the plea agreement reached by Jon Jones and officials in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the judge’s decision, UFC announced today the formal reinstatement of Jones to the UFC roster. Effective immediately, Jones is eligible to return to competition. As such, UFC expects Jones to meet all of the terms of his plea agreement, including mandatory community service, as a condition of his reinstatement.

UFC is currently discussing with Jones a potential date for his return to the Octagon.

“We've made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward," said UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta. “We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.”

“I am thankful to be able to do what I love once again and I look forward to proving myself as a champion in and outside of the Octagon,” Jones said.

http://uk.ufc.com/news/UFC-Formally-Reinstates-Jon-Jones 

• 3 weeks later...

Good grief ... and it wasn't really one of Holm's hardest-looking head kicks, either. Rousey almost looked like she came into the fight overconfident, like she just expected to walk away with it in 30 seconds or less.

She got her rear end handed to her for it.

It was like watching Matt Hughes fight Tito Ortiz if both were in their prime today. The Tactician versus the Bad Boy, only with females. Tactician keeps a level head, counters the aggressive attack, waits for the spots to open themselves up and capitalizes. That's what happened. Rousey got out-maneuvered and out-gunned because she was too aggressive and Holm used it against her.

It was a perfect strategy.

Oh yeah, that was a test of "intestinal fortitude". :yes: Gotta hand it to the matchmaking at UFC -- the fights have been pretty good as of late.

Oh yeah, that was a test of "intestinal fortitude". :yes: Gotta hand it to the matchmaking at UFC -- the fights have been pretty good as of late.

Joanna is an absolute beast. Strong and confident, like a champion should be.

That Rousey fight was like a modern day retelling of Brock vs Cain or Penn vs Edgar (or even Pettis vs Rafael dos Anjos). Physically dominant fighter comes in, blitzes division, eventually gets a wrench thrown in by a better prepared but physically inferior opponent and doesn't adjust adequately.

Also, I'm going to leave this here. Thomas Almeida keeps proving that he's goddamn legit (already had done it in the Pickett fight). Goddamn, what a KO.

tumblr_nxhnzvD2fO1tugoyjo2_400.gif

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...