Longhorn XP Dual Boot With XP PRO

I Would Like To Know If Longhorn XP Could Be Dual Booted With XP PRO SP1 If It's Already Present On The System ?? Need Help On This Before I Actually Try It :)

Seeing as Longhorn is still in Alpha I wouldn't try it if you really don't want to risk losing anything on ur existing XP pro partition.

I dont' know... I've not tried it! Even in Beta its still pretty unstable.

Over the weekend i tried dual-booting XP pro and Server 2000, after installing 2000 server my XP wouldn't boot, something to do with corrupt license file.

I tried dual booting 4015 and 2000 - from what I can remember 4015 overwrote the 2000 install and I didnt get a say in the matter.

Thanfully I have a test machine as well as my normal one.

Id say if you were serious about testing it, get a little 5/6 gig HD and install onto a fresh HD, that way, you wont lose anything if it is your main machine.

Okay i'll test it on my spare 40GB hard drive then see how it works out to be. One more thing you people faced any hardware conflict problems meaning if hardware detection is fine in longhorn or still lacks some aspects ?? drivers for XP work on longhorn for most hardware ??

you can dual boot it just fine, on another drive or partition. i've done it, it doesn't cause any problems with xp, and why would it? just because it's alpha doesn't mean it interferes with other partitions. it might CRASH (oh noz, teh terror!) who cares? crashing is expected in alphas and even betas. if you ever find a bug where you lose data, inform microsoft; that's their most severe bug rating for their products.

you can dual boot it just fine, on another drive or partition. i've done it, it doesn't cause any problems with xp, and why would it? just because it's alpha doesn't mean it interferes with other partitions. it might CRASH (oh noz, teh terror!) who cares? crashing is expected in alphas and even betas. if you ever find a bug where you lose data, inform microsoft; that's their most severe bug rating for their products.

it can also crash when final :p

i installed longhorn 4008 as a dual boot today, works fine, my XP sp1 did not get messed up.

Same here I run Xp pro Xp home,Win 2003 server,LH 4008 and 4015 on the same machine with no problem what so ever. So lets see Im running a 5 boot and no problems so go for it.

so many os's and yet there near all the same !

ive tryedd it, ive crashed it, it was slow !

better off partitioning off a small part of your hdd and trying it on there

Okay I'll Try It....It Installs If I Install It sitting inside XP or booting is better ??