AMD Catalyst 10.10 WHQL + Hotfix

Still no fix for the dxva bug, corrupted/pixelate image, when playing most mkv (and some avi) files.

Very disappointed, since this bug was reported for years.

That's a codec problem, not a driver problem. WMP doesn't quite support the latest revisions of x264 and the like. I notice that sometimes too even when I had a nvidia card. Doesn't happen with MPC.

That's a codec problem, not a driver problem. WMP doesn't quite support the latest revisions of x264 and the like. I notice that sometimes too even when I had a nvidia card. Doesn't happen with MPC.

service pack to the rescue!

EDIT 2: I temporarily found a personal workaround for not being able to change the saturation properly, I set my monitor to Movie Mode instead of Office Mode, now the image is oversharpened but I will rather live with a oversharpened image than dull or wrong colors :p

Make sure you try what Ambroos posted here. There's no reason to have to deal with the pink issue when there is a fix! :)

They seem fine to me, but then I use driver cleaner before every reinstall.

Nope, I was wrong it happens on my secondary display if I set it to get the colour temp from EDID

whoever is in charge of ATI's QA should be given the old yellar treament.

ati's drivers are garbage, have been for YEARS imo.

First time I have personally came across a really bad bug in them. And to be fair, nVidia have had their moments, their nvlddmkm bug was estimated to be responsible for 60% of all bluescreens and fatal crashes on Vista, and it took them an inordinate amount of time to fix that. When you are supporting a wide range of products with a single driver package mistakes are bound to happen from time to time.

Make sure you try what Ambroos posted here. There's no reason to have to deal with the pink issue when there is a fix! :)

Thank you Boneyard but I know of the fix and it's working. Just, before I had set color saturation to 115 instead of 100 for more vibrant colors and the bug is much more widespread, as soon as I touch any slider the pink issue is back regardless of the color temperature.

Whats the difference between normal and Accelerated Parallel Processing Technology edition drivers. I know the latter includes OpenCL Driver but what difference does it make?

Whats the difference between normal and Accelerated Parallel Processing Technology edition drivers. I know the latter includes OpenCL Driver but what difference does it make?

Unless your applications are OpenCL aware, absolutely none. At the moment there is not a lot of stuff available to take advantage of OpenCL but it's a developing technology

Thanks for info. I am using ATI 10.10 APP version of the driver and i'm facing color issue as well. I'm unable to find Color temperature option in CCC. Currently using ATI 5600 series card on windows 7 64bit

Thanks for info. I am using ATI 10.10 APP version of the driver and i'm facing color issue as well. I'm unable to find Color temperature option in CCC. Currently using ATI 5600 series card on windows 7 64bit

use the steps provided here https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/947812-amd-catalyst-1010-whql-hotfix/page__view__findpost__p__593297220...;)

Never mind, I found it. This looks like a bug in v10.10 drivers . Here is another way of fixing it

1)go to ccc

2)on the upper part of the window in ccc, there are two drop down menus. one on the left called "Graphics" and one on right part called "Options"

3)clicking "Options" on far right you will see "Preferences" with "red gear" icon

4)going on "Preferences" you will see couple of options, you click on bottom choice "Restore Factory Defaults ..."

5)confirm and wait for it to restore its settings

I think if you try to change any settings in CCC the pink comes back right.

What player are you using? No such problem over here using the latest VLC (1.1.4) and MPHC (1.4.2691), while playing DXVA supported media.

I normally use PotPlayer, but I had try MPC-HC and got the same problem.

When I switched to nvidia card (same PC), all video play fine so I don't think its codec problem.

fixed the pink issue, have noticed a few improvements in fps with mw2, gta iv etc. Stable so, as mentioned I tried that Driver Sweeper before installing 10.10, went well so far. Previous 10.8 installed bsod the computer as soon as intense games were played, which was annoying as hell. Hope these drivers improve some moar please

While playing h264 (mkv) with MPCHC and DXVA on, this driver keeps on crashing, about once every 15 minutes! Even had a BSOD once. Disabled DXVA and no problems ever since. God, I'm never buying ATi again, at least nVidia has proper drivers.

Man, the pink issue had me baffled. By chance, I just got an ATI card and these were the first drivers I installed, so I figured it was just bad luck between my monitor and the 5670 I put in. Turning the "green" contrast up from 100 to 106 fixed it, to a degree, but thanks to you guys, I found a much more accurate fix. Thank you so much.