Neowin Digital Gallery

Yea that's the excuse that retards with a rebel XTi have when they use ISO 1600 and their 18-55 f3.5-5.6 kit lens. "I make art hahrahrahr."

:rofl: harsh, but tru :p :blush:

/me looks at old 400D (XTi) photos... erm... Something like that yeah! :p

hmmm /me also ***looks at my old d50 with kit lens photos :whistle: *****

@ Mrk, love the first old man photo, though agree with argote, just a wee bit too processed.

@ Moonman Welcome back :shifty: Also, that last clown looks scary as hell. :no:

My friend let me borrow his camera for about a month now (he has gone abroad and taken his 7D leaving me his 550D) and i have been doing some "model" shots (They are all friends of mine) finally got around to sorting them out. This is the first time i have ever done shots of people... Thoughts? Couple aren't great... New camera and never done shoot's with people before. (Girl in 2 and 3 was the first one)

682017439.jpg

322082910.jpg

383676885.jpg

753178025.jpg

@Richard both are good though I like the one on the right a bit better. I'd also get rid of the gray thing.

@christb I like the last one a lot, it seems to have a lot of noise for a daylight photo though.

@Richard both are good though I like the one on the right a bit better. I'd also get rid of the gray thing.

You've clearly never used a mac :p

Yeah the right one is a crop of the left, the grey thing is simply a preview window :)

More Macro stuff:

SO-DIMM

5201278759_294a8ed72a_b.jpg

Closeup shot of an SO-DIMM memory module showing some components and some of the "wiring" on the PCB. I used a tripod to hold the camera steady during the exposure in this photo. Monterrey, M?xico.

Camera Make: SONY

Camera Model: DSLR-A200

Lens: DT 30mm F2.8 Macro SAM

Mode: Manual

Focal Length: 30 mm

Aperture: f/13.0

Exposure Time: 6

ISO: 200

haha how bout this ? :p

5197223220_81e70f749f_o.jpg

Creepy :rofl:

My friend let me borrow his camera for about a month now (he has gone abroad and taken his 7D leaving me his 550D) and i have been doing some "model" shots (They are all friends of mine) finally got around to sorting them out. This is the first time i have ever done shots of people... Thoughts? Couple aren't great... New camera and never done shoot's with people before. (Girl in 2 and 3 was the first one)

682017439.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

542764344.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

924478892.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

322082910.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

383676885.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

753178025.jpg

HMmm i'd hit that

LOL pretty good shots though, some a bit on the soft side but good composition and some lack saturation.

Nicholas-c - I want your friends :(

And does anyone think this is any good? I'm not sure what to do with it:

Nothing much, IMO the background takes too much attention from your subjects

@Argote the lower part looks a lot softer than the top part, plus light isn't distributed evenly, I think for that type of shot, you need to get all the parts equally illuminated

I like! :)

Not bad, dhan.

thanks guys. I was actually surprised by how good it looked straight out of camera. Pretty nice camera actually - also a bit relieved as I suggested (and bought) it for him. laugh.gif

I could make the fields less luminent (if that's a word) - maybe black and white or sepia? :)

Well, IMO either you turn the field and the models to BW/Sepia or you don't do it at all. I don't think that photo is suited to selective color. Then again what you could do is reduce the saturation and/or vibrance on the whole shot.

For some reason I am unable to edit my posts after a certain amount of time (I was just going to place this photo below my previous reply)

5205328233_b02522a25a.jpg