UFC 128 - Shogun Rua (c) vs. Jon Jones

Been following Jon Jones for the longest time, and I knew he was going places from the time I first watched him fight. My fiancee and me have been rooting for him all the way lol.

Crazy ****ing insane how he put Shogun down though. Not sure who all caught it, but Shogun ****ing tapped. He tapped from the punches, but I think the judge called it off just before then.

Not that I'm making excuses for him but it didn't look like Shogun was even close to 100% no matter what anyone says. The first time Jones took him down Rua looked like he was done then.

Not that I'm making excuses for him but it didn't look like Shogun was even close to 100% no matter what anyone says. The first time Jones took him down Rua looked like he was done then.

yeah I agree, Shogun looked out of shape

I'm surprised that Dana re-signed Cro Cop after his last stint in the UFC. He was never really the same as the beast from PRIDE and just couldn't really cut it in the UFC against some of the decent up and comers. Never really recovered after that devastating KO by Gonzaga.

Shogun didn't really look 100% but on that performance, anyone would have struggled to Jones because he was just a beast! Very unorthodox fighter. It's hard to see who can topple him from the current LHW bunch. Can't wait to see him KO Rashad! :D

I don't think Shogun looked any bigger than usual, he's always carried weight around his waist.

No excuses, he got owned, Jon Jones is just a way better fighter.

Shogun is a pretty 1 dimensional fighter - the reach advantage / long legs just nullified Shogun's ground game.

WOW... THAT WAS AMAZING! Comments in bold.

Raphael Assun??o vs. Erik Koch: A very normal fight right up until the KO. Assun??o got KTFO cold. Koch picked up KO of the night bonus.

Edson Barboza vs. Anthony Njokuani: Barboza proved again he's a dangerous striker, that wheel kick that hit would have been a sure KO if he had landed it with the heel. Njokuani seemed a bit gassed in the 3rd round but Barboza didn't push the pace to finish the fight. I believe it was a correct decision with Njokuani taking the 2nd round.

Eliot Marshall vs. Luiz Cane: A tough welcome back to the UFC for Marshall. Luiz Cane was coming in on a 2 fight losing streak so he was pretty much fighting for his job and he performed. Marshall was no match for him and it showed.

Brendan Schaub vs. Mirko Filipovi?: First of all, let me say that not allowing someone on the bottom to upkick someone in the head is total bull****. If you're on the bottom you are already very limited in strikes available and kicking to head seems a pretty legitimate move. Schaub looked like he had forgotten how long his arms were and kept punching the back of the head, Herb Dean was right in taking a point away. The fight seemed like it was devolving into another hugfest with both guys gassing a lot (as expected of HW lol) and Cro Cop should just tie a bell around that left leg because he telegraphed that kick way in advance. The KO was brutal with the extra parting shot being vicious. Reminded me of Henderson vs Bisping. Cro Cop is done. He looked a bit slow and is past his prime. Not even cutting to LHW would save him (seems like a Pride thing to fight always at HW...). Schaub keeps climbing the ladder and showed improvement in his wrestling by taking Cro Cop down at his leisure (not that he put up much of a fight against it). His future probably holds a fight against Mir or Roy again.

Nate Marquardt vs. Dan Miller: Ah yes, the crappy Miller brother. He took the fight with Nate on short notice so that wins him some kudos but he was way out of his league. Marquardt on the other hand can't seem to bring himself to finish a fight that he is completely dominating. He was out-punching him and slamming him down but no significant effort to KO or submit. Coming of a loss to Okami and not finishing a fight against a much inferior opponent that came in on short notice isn't doing him any favors in the end.

Jim Miller vs. Kamal Shalorus: And here comes the good Miller brother. Kamal Shalorus has a pretty strong chin, he took a lot of punches and that amazing kick. Miller was doing his thing, punching, throwing up flying submission attempts and absolutely dominating on the ground. The finish was great: uppercut, knee and GnP for the win. And this is were things get even more complicated in the LW title picture: with this fight, Miller kicks George Sotiropoulos out of the title picture but it's still unclear where he stands. He's on a 7 fight win-streak but Sotiropoulos was on a 8-win. And there is the Guida vs Petis fight for the possible #1 contender. If Guida beats Petis, does he fight Miller for the title shot? Or does Miller fight the loser of Guida vs Petis for the next shot? We'll have to wait and see.

Urijah Faber vs. Eddie Wineland: This ended up being a quite lukewarm fight. Faber was in trouble in the first round because he couldn't throw Wineland and he was getting handled. Wineland's striking looked pretty good. Faber came back in the 2nd with very good striking and then when the fight got to the ground he used his size advantage and beat out the decision. He already beat Cruz once but that was at FW, he still seems to be adapting to BW. If TUF 14 goes ahead we'll might just see that fight in the near future.

Maur?cio Rua vs. Jon Jones: Wow... just WOW. Jones is a BEAST. He bested Shogun in everything: striking, takedowns, ground attack. Incredible performance. The way he finished the 2nd round going into a leglock was amazing. Shogun on other hand looked like, for lack of a better word, crap. He was slow as molasses, looked gassed after the 1st round and couldn't do anything significant offensively. He was totally steamrolled. And in the end I didn't get why the crowd was pretty sillent. Bones vs Evans is probably going to break PPV records.

And as for non-televised fights: all decisions so... not that interested.

Anyone else think that Phil Davis is one of the (very) few guys that could possibly compete with Bones at 205? He's also an atlethic freal and will be fighting Little Nog this weekend. Let's see if he beats him. Because I can't really see Rampage or Machida or Couture taking the next title shot after Evans.

Anyone else think that Phil Davis is one of the (very) few guys that could possibly compete with Bones at 205? He's also an atlethic freal and will be fighting Little Nog this weekend. Let's see if he beats him. Because I can't really see Rampage or Machida or Couture taking the next title shot after Evans.

I can't see anyone in the division making an honest attempt at the crown. Really the only fight that interests me at this point is Silva vs Bones.

I can't see anyone in the division making an honest attempt at the crown. Really the only fight that interests me at this point is Silva vs Bones.

The Davis Hype Train has been derailled at UFC FN24. He won but he didn't look that good doing it and showed the holes in his game.

Aren't you curious about the Bones vs Evans match-up? It's not like the LHW division is going to stop because they have an impressive champion. WW or MW didn't stop because of GSP or Silva. And Silva already said he wouldn't move up to 205. Since GSP is reluctant (and with good reason) to be rushed to 185, I think Dana will work around it making mega fights against former Strikeforce talent. Like GSP vs Diaz and Silva vs... who cares? MW is dead on Strikeforce.