Donkey Kong Country Returns

Is it out?

Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite games. I'm definitely going to get this. Good to read that some of the music is back. DKC music was great.

Is it out?

Donkey Kong Country is one of my favorite games. I'm definitely going to get this. Good to read that some of the music is back. DKC music was great.

I thought it was shipping today but it's actually in stock out my local Gamestop. The game play is so fun... this and Mario Bros. Wii are keeping me busy!

So will this save the Wii from going from huge successes to a failure like the PS3 and 360? It's good to see Nintendo realize that 2D platformers are likely to sell. I wonder how DKCR will sell compared to NSMBW...

So will this save the Wii from going from huge successes to a failure like the PS3 and 360? It's good to see Nintendo realize that 2D platformers are likely to sell. I wonder how DKCR will sell compared to NSMBW...

How are the PS3 & 360 a failure?

Poor sales.

Poor sales?

PS3 sales figures:

The top ten Xbox 360 games.

1. Halo 3 (8 million copies)
  2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (7.481 million approximately; 6.471 million in US, 87,374 in Japan, at least 1 million in UK)
  3. Gears of War (5 million,may include PC version)
  4. Gears of War 2 (5 million)
  5. Grand Theft Auto IV (4.356 million approximately: 3.29 million in US, at least 1 million in UK,59,893 and 6,210 Platinum in Japan)
  6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (4.226 million approximately: 3.04 million in US, 78,000 in Canada, 54,742 and 53,722 Platinum Collection/The Best in Japan, at least 1 million in UK)
  7. Fable II (3.5 million approx. worldwide)
  8. Call of Duty: World at War (3.35 million approximately: 2.75 million in US, 600,000 in UK)
  9. Halo: Reach (3.3 million in North America)
  10. Halo 3: ODST (3 million)

Via: http://en.wikipedia....ing_video_games

Care to try again?

obvioustroll.jpg

Huh blink.gif

I really don't want to buy a Wii, but there are 3-4 games that I really want to play on it :(

Buy the games, rip them and use an emulator to play them on your PC?

Dolphin is a great Emulator and should work pretty well if you have a 3ghz Core2Duo or better processor.

To be honest I prefer playing Wii games on the PC as they look so much better than they do on an actual Wii, you can even use a real Wii mote with the emulator.

I really don't want to buy a Wii, but there are 3-4 games that I really want to play on it :(

That was the delima I as in last year before Mario Wii came out. My wife had talked about Wii sports and the Wii fit, etc but when I saw New Super Mario Bros. I really wanted the game as it combined just about every past Mario Bros. game into it. We talked about it and bought one. Now we have Mario Wii, Mario Kart Wii, Zelda Wii, Metroid Wii and DK Wii. The only other games I'd be pretty exited about are Mega Man X Wii and Diddy Kong Racing Wii.

Can't wait to try it out !! Too bad I promised my gf I wouldn't play it until we can both play it together (she loves DKC, one summer we played through DKC, DKC2 and DKC3... It was fun)

Checked out the first level, and loving it so far. Even with the forced motion controls, it really is classic DKCR.

So I found some wallpapers on the official site, here is one. If you want one of the other 4, just need to change the number at the end of the link... There are 5 total.

http://donkeykong.ni...3_1920x1200.jpg

Nintendo_DKCR_Wallpaper03_1920x1200.jpg

Wall 1

Wall 2

Wall 3 (above)

Wall 4

Wall 5

EDIT - I just went ahead and added the links in case people did not figure out what I meant.

Buy the games, rip them and use an emulator to play them on your PC?

Dolphin is a great Emulator and should work pretty well if you have a 3ghz Core2Duo or better processor.

To be honest I prefer playing Wii games on the PC as they look so much better than they do on an actual Wii, you can even use a real Wii mote with the emulator.

dont they get things like music not working and extra-slow gameplay since its not really 100% working emulation yet?

Love it :D

Same here. Just got to play a bit more and seriously it is brilliant. Nothing short and nothing less. Controls are spot on, and I was really worried when I did the first level and saw how shaking the controller was implemented, but it not only works flawless but it actually makes sense how it is used. Platforming and level design is just incredibly well done. And honestly although it is obviously not the best graphics that can be done on a console, overall I love the look of the graphics themselves, like really dig them. I believe for what they have at their disposal as far as processing power, they did a great job, and they are easily among the best visuals on the Wii. Stylistically they just look great.

Cannot praise the game enough. With that said I would not be surprised if it takes me months to actually beat it, as not only do I really tend to take my time and explore each level thoroughly, but with all of the other games I want to play, I get the feeling I am just going to zone in on a level here and there over the next month or two. Who knows, maybe I will get wrapped up in it and go on a marathon though, it definitely could happen.

Just played a little of it earlier. Seems pretty good so far, gonna play a bit more later.

dont they get things like music not working and extra-slow gameplay since its not really 100% working emulation yet?

The music issues that do happen at times really depends on the title. Some are flawless, some are not.

As for the speed, that depends on the title and your system. It doesn't take much to run, say, New Super Mario Bros Wii at 60fps. But you need a much better system to handle any of the Metroid Prime series at full speed at all times(for example, mine can see a little slow down(but is still playable overall) in MP1).