I am surprised that something hasn't come out for the PS3, from what I understand that PS3 problems are far worse. Also put a few hours into the game and I'm loving it :D One thing that annoys me is the map at this point, I haven't figured it out yet and it's so frustrating trying to figure out where I should be heading. Hopefully put some serious time in over the weekend and my xmas break. Can't wait :D

Ya, Bethesda either did 0 game testing for the PS3, or they were OK with releasing a very broken game.

The game plays just fine for a good amount of time, but then you start to get some sort of horrible memory leak, resulting in FPS dropping to 10 or less. That was the biggest issue, besides the broken quest and such. Then they released patch 1.2, which they said would fix the issues but didn't. Instead, it just broke the dragons, broke more quest, broke resistances, and made the FPS drop not happen for about a extra 20 minutes of game play.

Everyone on PS3 is awaiting the next patch, just to see what type of improvements are there.

I had my PS3 actually over heat due from the FPS memory leak. Was fighting a backwards flying invincible dragon. By the time I got the dragon to 0 health, my FPS was at 10 or less. Shortly after, the screen froze and artifact up. I touched the back of the PS3 and it was the hottest it has even been. Since then, I haven't touched Skyrim until they fix this issue. I've read reports where people have had their PS3's just stop working completely while having the FPS issue, so I'm not about to risk that.

Thanks for those tips Soulsiphon. I think that I just need to get stuck it and it'll become easier. I've not heard anyone else complain about it so it can't be that bad.

Shakey - yeah it does seem that way right? I would have though even with the most basic of test runs they would have picked up an issue like that. I mean it's not even an isolated incident is it? Let's hope the next PS3 patch comes soon enough and then you can go back to questing.

Before I got to blackreach, during those twisty ramps, those things need guard rails. Stupid companion and dog kept falling off, had to restarts so many times from either them falling off, or deciding to rush when I do the dragon shout push.

Got fed up with the dog, told him to go home. He started slowly sulking away, so I dragon pushed his ass off the cliff and killed him.

But blackreach is huge, I had to stop exploring it and get on with quest as it was knocking on 3am, Definatly have to go back and explore/loot more, had to pass a lot of stuff

Been playing since Monday, have no idea how many hours I've put in so far. A little summary of me:

- Level 30

- Arch-Mage Dragonslayer :p

- I mainly use Conjuration Magic, typically a conjured sword (which raises my skill in One Handed weapons) and a Dremora Lord. Sod real companions/weaponary, too unreliable :D I had started with Destruction magic but it seemed to take too long to level up and become really powerful in.

- I went through most of the Thieves Guild quests except for the very last one

so I can keep the Skeleton Key. When I've raised my Lockpick skill enough to get the perk that stops picks being broken, then I'll finish the final quest.

Before buying the game I noticed most people went with sword and shield and argued about which armour looks better. That's also how I played Oblivion. Thought I'd be a bit different and be a mage and only wear robes. The Arch-Mages' robes are pretty useful and I've combined it with one of the priest masks so magicka recovers really quickly. My Dremora Lord friend is super powerful, and if he dies, I just spawn a new one. Love it.

Originally I thought it would be difficult for me to prevent myself glitching to high levels but now that I've put so much time into the game, I don't want to ruin the fun for myself. I can't be doing with spending hours chopping wood to make money like some do, though. I don't need a house, everything I need (i.e. a chest) is in the Arch-Mage's quarters.

Absolutely loving the game. Already have my hands on a few unique artefacts - Ring of Hircine is pretty fun. There are so many quests in my pause menu it's unreal.

I think someone mentioned a patch for the PC. The one that Llawnroc was talking about is something completely different. Though I'm guessing that it's the patch to sort out the textures?

Can anyone confirm. I'm stuck at work and won't be able to check until later on tonight.

The patch is for the Xbox and supposedly fixes everything listed here:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1308294-update-13/

Unfortunately not had time to test everything out!!!! :D

I don't suppose you could paste the contents of that Xbox link in here as my work is blocking the link :angry:

Update 1.3 for Skyrim is now available on Steam and is being submitted to Sony and Microsoft. As soon as we have more information on the update hitting PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we'll let everyone know. Below are the release notes for the update:

Update 1.3 Notes (all platforms unless specified)

• General stability improvements
  • Optimize performance for Core 2 Duo CPUs (PC)
  • Fixed Radiant Story incorrectly filling certain roles
  • Fixed magic resistances not calculating properly
  • Fixed issue with placing books on bookshelves inside player purchased homes
  • Fixed dragon animation issues with saving and loading
  • Fixed Y-look input to scale correctly with framerate

I haven't tried it out yet, still on 1.1 on Xbox. From everything I've read in the Beth forums, the fixes are working fine and nothing noticeable is broken. I'm going to go ahead and jump to 1.3 tomorrow and do a HDD install (been playing off disc due to texture issue).

I spent a few hours playing it y'day and didn't notice anything unusual, I had in installed to the HDD drive too. Think they may have sorted the issues out...for now at least.

lol, I have like 110k right now (after buying all the houses), at level 54. I really really don't need money, but some key things I did:

Level up Pickpocketing - Easy as hell to level! Move through the perks to get +100 carrying capacity.

Find the stone of The Steed - Adds +100 to your carrying capacity!

If you're a Heavy Armor user like me, get the perk that makes your armor not weigh anything when you wear it. Very helpful!

This leaves me with plenty of room to store items I come across along the way to sell. As I played, I picked up the spell Transmute, then bought all the Iron Ore I could find, as well as mined some of it up while I was out on my travels. Then, at some point when I feel like I have plenty, I just transmute the Iron Ore to Silver Ore, then from Silver Ore to Gold Ore. Smelt it into Gold Ingots, and use whatever gems I have to make wonderfully expensive jewelry. Probably one of the easiest ways to make cash really. Also unintentional leveling of Alteration magic!

Another easy way that levels your Smithing and Enchanting is (which I'm sure talked about already here) to make ONLY Iron Daggers to level your Smithing. Save them all, then enchant them all with the best enchant you have, and sell those daggers off. Remember you don't have to do it all at once, just as you go really.

Also helps if you equip the Thieves Guild Hood and Amulet of Zenithar for better prices when you go to sell your goods. I think that's a 25% difference they make there.

I guess at this point, I really should stop being a pack rat, but I can't help it hahah. I want ALL the gold! :D

not sure what going on but im kinda ****ed lol

my lvl 35 archer/assassin has 18 dragon souls ... but can't use them on any more shouts ? i have the first shout and the sprint shout from the grey beards what gives ?

not sure what going on but im kinda ****ed lol

my lvl 35 archer/assassin has 18 dragon souls ... but can't use them on any more shouts ? i have the first shout and the sprint shout from the grey beards what gives ?

Have you found the other shouts?

Some spoilers;

Not doing many dungeons? There are lots of word walls around in certain dungeons, and even around in the world, for example in dragon rests (like the one up in the mountain just straight south from Riften, in some cases you get bounty quests from the Jarl/Steward to kill such a dragon too). If you continue to do quests for grey beards they will ask you to go to a specific dungeon to get a word from a wall. Personally I got about same amount of words as souls, slightly more words in fact.

If you want a super spoiler you can check a web site that has all locations and hunt for them. I wouldn't suggest that though, removes a lot the fun.

Have you found the other shouts?

Some spoilers;

Not doing many dungeons? There are lots of word walls around in certain dungeons, and even around in the world, for example in dragon rests (like the one up in the mountain just straight south from Riften, in some cases you get bounty quests from the Jarl/Steward to kill such a dragon too). If you continue to do quests for grey beards they will ask you to go to a specific dungeon to get a word from a wall. Personally I got about same amount of words as souls, slightly more words in fact.

If you want a super spoiler you can check a web site that has all locations and hunt for them. I wouldn't suggest that though, removes a lot the fun.

lots of shouts

i think i need to do more dungeons

Yeah, anything that sends you to a Nord crypt or a Dragon's head on the map is a good place to look.

Aside, I got "Reveal Aura" last night, and they say in the description that it's a "whisper", but every time I use it everyone hears me. Does it get quieter once you learn all the words?

Been running off the original release (Xbox) due to the problems with patches but decided to download the 1.3 patch that came out yesterday. Played around for about 3 hours last night and can't notice any particular glitches (except one from before I upgraded, doing a quest after the Winterhold college where there's a dispute amongst the mages in the college, 2 mages have a dispute with another which leads to a quest to retrieve a couple of staffs. Completed the quest and retrieved the staffs but it only updated one quest line and now I'm stuck with a staff that I can't put down (quest item) and the quest line won't update to let me complete it).

I must have been running low res graphics before as they certainly changed after downloading the 1.3 patch, wow. Killed a dragon and got it's soul so that patch appears to be fixed, dragons don't fly backwards or jump around so that ones fixed. Magic resistance is fixed.

I think for anybody that's on the fence with patches (as I was), the 1.3 patch (Xbox) is safe to download.

Yeah, anything that sends you to a Nord crypt or a Dragon's head on the map is a good place to look.

Aside, I got "Reveal Aura" last night, and they say in the description that it's a "whisper", but every time I use it everyone hears me. Does it get quieter once you learn all the words?

I have up to the second word of that and yes, it's much quieter. I believe the second word also lets you see undead, too. I really wish the descriptions were more uh...precise...in what the actual words did for you. That's one of the biggest issues I have with this game.

Hth are you guys getting those high levels??? I'm like level 18 and advancing quite nicely just running through content normally. I mean, I'm temporarily diverted onto some side-quests, run pretty much every dungeon I can find a quest for, kill every loose dragon that comes along, and am also very far along the MQ line, I just don't know how someone is 50ish or whatever :( Am I missing something??

Hth are you guys getting those high levels??? I'm like level 18 and advancing quite nicely just running through content normally. I mean, I'm temporarily diverted onto some side-quests, run pretty much every dungeon I can find a quest for, kill every loose dragon that comes along, and am also very far along the MQ line, I just don't know how someone is 50ish or whatever :( Am I missing something??

All I can say is if you want to be a high level it pays to play like you have adhd at times. Whenever you go to a quest objective just take your time to look around and explore along the way.

On the other hand leveling up enchanting, smithing, and alchemy (when you can afford it and don't want to gather materials yourself) will get you a lot of levels.

You have to level random skills to get to the higher levels. It's actually somewhat detrimental to get to a high level too quickly, as it means you've spent time in smithing an alchemy and things like that, while your main skills might be lower than they should be.

It's all relative, but if you're doing pretty good in your main skills (one-handed/two-handed, sneak, etc), then you can "power level" smithing or enchanting or alchemy to get a few levels quickly.

All I can say is if you want to be a high level it pays to play like you have adhd at times. Whenever you go to a quest objective just take your time to look around and explore along the way.

On the other hand leveling up enchanting, smithing, and alchemy (when you can afford it and don't want to gather materials yourself) will get you a lot of levels.

Pretty much this.

Best thing to do is make Iron Daggers because of their material costs and because you can get your Smithing to 100 off them. Just buy Iron Ingots or Iron Ore whenever you can (that's what I did at least, only mined a couple times max), make all your daggers (KEEP THEM), then go enchant them. Can either buy already filled Soul Gems or buy empty ones and fill them yourself. Best recommendation is to enchant "Soul Trap" to your weapons so that you can always be filling up them Soul Gems. Enchant your daggers with the best enchant (that is, the one that'll make the cost the highest) you have and sell them.

Overall, you get Smithing up fast, Enchanting up fast, and level up like crazy without hurting your pockets much (if at all).

I'm not having the best luck with Alchemy, but I guess maybe I'm just not doing it enough? Only have it up to level 40 and I'm level 55 having maxed out a lot of my skills already. :s