The patch that enables LAA on the pc has been released today. Pretty simple patch notes:

Support for 4-Gigabyte Tuning (Large Address Aware).

Fixed issue with accented characters not displaying properly at the end of a line.

This game is starting to bore me :(. My coworker and I were just having this conversation. As you get further in the game your overall impact seems less and less significant. Most RPGs I've played start slowly and then ramp up as you get more and more into your character development. This one seems to give an excellent first impression that slowly declines as you play it.

I think that this mostly has to do with the NPC dialogs that don't ever seem to change much. I played as a Thief and the vast majority of my decision making was sinister. I lie, kill, and cheat in just about 100% of the situations I've encountered.

But the most any NPC seems to care is the occasional guard saying "don't be doing any pickpocketing around here". I would expect more NPCs to just ignore me or think that I'm just rift raft. In a game like this, there should be consequences to my actions but there doesn't seem to be any.

The other thing that annoys is once you complete a quest line such as the Mage College or the Thieves Guild and become the leader of those two factions so many NPCs still have dialog that goes with you being an initiate.

Seems like the longer I play, the more disjointed the world is. Makes it hard for me to "lose myself" in it.

This game is starting to bore me :(. My coworker and I were just having this conversation. As you get further in the game your overall impact seems less and less significant. Most RPGs I've played start slowly and then ramp up as you get more and more into your character development. This one seems to give an excellent first impression that slowly declines as you play it.

I think that this mostly has to do with the NPC dialogs that don't ever seem to change much. I played as a Thief and the vast majority of my decision making was sinister. I lie, kill, and cheat in just about 100% of the situations I've encountered.

But the most any NPC seems to care is the occasional guard saying "don't be doing any pickpocketing around here". I would expect more NPCs to just ignore me or think that I'm just rift raft. In a game like this, there should be consequences to my actions but there doesn't seem to be any.

The other thing that annoys is once you complete a quest line such as the Mage College or the Thieves Guild and become the leader of those two factions so many NPCs still have dialog that goes with you being an initiate.

Seems like the longer I play, the more disjointed the world is. Makes it hard for me to "lose myself" in it.

Do what I spent most of today doing: aimlessly walking around the landscape, visiting everything you haven't visited yet. There's some really good stories out there.

Do what I spent most of today doing: aimlessly walking around the landscape, visiting everything you haven't visited yet. There's some really good stories out there.

That is certainly a redeeming attribute. I have enjoyed some of the side adventures that I've come across. I've liked the small quests more than the major story lines. There just doesn't seem to be the same attention to detail in Skyrim than were in Oblivion and Morrowind in regard to the conversations and dialog with the NPCs. And that really brings me out of the game for some reason.

All that being said, the game is well worth the money. I've put more enjoyable gaming hours in Skyrim than any other game since I was into WoW. I just wish there were a little more spit-and-polish on NPC interactions.

Honestly, it gets a bit silly as soon as people realize you're the Dragonborn, and you encounter anyone with a radiant quest. "Hey, guy who's probably our only hope in keeping dragons from destroying the world, can you fetch me three crappy jewels so I can make a ring?" I too am a thief / DB character, so I just rob them blind then kill them. Or vice versa. But it would be nice to get some respect.

Honestly, it gets a bit silly as soon as people realize you're the Dragonborn, and you encounter anyone with a radiant quest. "Hey, guy who's probably our only hope in keeping dragons from destroying the world, can you fetch me three crappy jewels so I can make a ring?" I too am a thief / DB character, so I just rob them blind then kill them. Or vice versa. But it would be nice to get some respect.

"If you are looking for work, you can chop some wood" --Quest Giver. :p

I think you should stop talking to "old NPCs", I mean... the ones that have nothing to offer you. The game has to 'end' somehow, sometime... But it doesn't. Loose yourself in other unexplored locations and you're back to the game.

What are you expecting? A 'Super Thieves Guild' after you complete the 'Thieves Guild'? Do you expect NPCs compliments? That wouldn't bring the game back. It has to end, so you should notice that and just go away, or start a new game with a different class and path :)

One thing that I was thinking would be an interesting twist would be if you could be a double agent of sorts.

For example, you start the Thieves Guild quest line and also have the Companions quest line or something like that.

And then work to bring down one or the other depending on quest options.

lots of shouts

i think i need to do more dungeons

The grey beards tell you where to get shouts, just ask the one that talks "Have you located any words of power?" - I've found about 10 doing this :)

Its a shame that Wuuthrad and Ebony Blade can't be upgraded :/

They can so:

http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=1020

I'm fairly certain that they were always meant to be upgradeable without a mod because other artifact weapons can be without any sort of mod. It's just Bethesda overlooked them and are too lazy to fix it themselves. Anyways, only works if you're playing on the pc of course.

Thats a nifty little mod. Meanwhile I have discovered Druadach Redoubt where Madanach and the other Forsworn members are friendly.

Last night I reached Morvunskar regarding a Companion quest. I found Sanguine the Daedric prince battling ice mages and fire mages. The ensuing battle was funny as Sanguine was immortal.

Picked this up today for $50 on the PS3.

Looking forward to getting lost in it...hope the glitches are 'solved' or at least minimised...

If not, I also got BF3 for another $50 to balance it out ;)

Really

Looking forward to getting lost in it...hope the glitches are 'solved' or at least minimised...

I've so far found it to be less buggy/glitch/freezy/crashy than both Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. There were some frame rate issues in the first part of the quest (Helgen) but since then it has been fine for me. Only other issue is the autosave is keen to try and freeze the game up, with it succeeding a few times. Turned it off and save manually now (which I do often anyway).

Really enjoying it. I like Bethesda RPGs, but this is by far the best I've played.

I did the Thalmor Embassy part of the main quest last night and was a bit surprised at how tough it is, given that it is fairly early on in the game (I'm only level 12).

If not, I also got BF3 for another $50 to balance it out ;)

Ya, the latest patch finally made it playable. I haven't had it crash, bug out, or drop to low FPS since the last release. I'm now having a blast with it, and enjoying my Mage character.

Had an issue for a few days after the latest Patch for PC was released (the 64bit comparability patch) Was unable to open the game, Steam would pop up saying it was launching the game then the box was disappear, then come back and just blink forever until i ended the steam process. Stayed like that for a few days (uninstalled the game, ccleaner, reinstalled game) still nothing. Finally I told Steam to check for an update once steam was updated the issue resolved itself.

Still very strange and VERY annoying.

Is it possible to change sides to the Empire after initially choosing the stormcloaks? This Stormcloak shouty dude is just another emperor, treats me like **** and expects unquestioned obedience. WTF I'm dragonborn man! And stop calling me unblooded y'big racist freak.

How to do spoilers?