HTC Incredible

Well I'm not certain if this is the right place to discuss this but I'm going to post it here anyways. :laugh:

Today is "Cyber Monday" apparently, and a lot of stores are having great deals on phones. Best Buy is giving away the HTC Incredible (Verizon) for free with a 2 year contract extension.

Now, that's awesome, I won't have to pay an activation fee but I'll have to pay for the data package each month ontop of the regular bill, obviously. Right now I use my phone 2 or 3 times a day max for calls, I send a lot of text messages but that's all I use it for. I don't know how much I'll use the mobile internet or any of the other features the phone has. So my question is will it be worth the extra cost for me to get it or just go with a different phone that doesn't require a data package? My current phone doesn't have any of those advanced features so I can't gauge how much I'd use them.

I can see myself possibly using the internet while I'm out, and maybe playing some games on it if there are any, and obviously texting a lot, but beyond that..? I can't decide if it's worth the extra cost each month, because if all I do is text on it I can do that just fine with a cheaper phone.

So yeah.. advice? I hope what I'm after is clear :rofl:

Go for it, you will find yourself using your internet services more once you know what you can do with your phone.

also, the way things are going with phones, everybody is switching to smartphones, i work with cellphones and i've seen even people in their 70s. 80s getting smartphones, so even if you get a basic phone now, 6 months from today your phone will look so obsolete and you will want a better one, yet will be stuck in a contract and will have to wait another year or so to upgrade.

The decision has been taken out of my hands a bit early, sadly. It came to my attention that I have a few things to pay for that I hadn't anticipated. :no:

Oh well, I don't really need a new phone right now, my current one isn't broken or anything so I can wait a bit longer until my finances are more steady to renew my contract.