[Official] CR-48 ChromeOS Laptop Shipment-Tracking

Also, windows server 2008 R2 works great on it after installing Luigi to flash the firmware.

didnt even give the os a day :no: , this is why promotions like this are few and far between, people dont use it the way they said they would when they applied and the companies decide to quit doing them.

/rant

Anyone know if there is a way to change the shipping address if you have not received one yet. I just moved over the weekend and if i have a chance of getting one I would like it to come to the correct address

Sigh... all you lucky people getting your Cr-48s... I still have this vision in my head of mine somewhere in our yard buried in the snow and we won't be able to find it until it all melts.

And for anybody interested, the tracker is definitely gone now and is replaced by a pretty GoDaddy page (cringe...)

i lost all hope of getting one a long time ago :/

As did I. And I requested mine like a 2 or 3 days after sign ups started.

didnt even give the os a day :no: , this is why promotions like this are few and far between, people dont use it the way they said they would when they applied and the companies decide to quit doing them.

/rant

....I have been posting this quite often today....

I installed it as a "look what's possible, let's see what it can take" thing. I also plan on installing Mac OSX and different version of linux on it at some point as well. Also, great thing about this device is you can flash the firmware back and it will automagically rebuild itself back to stock, even with the harddrive wiped. Wish I could see that on more laptops I work on.

You know... that whole spam incident was quite helpful when you think about it. I was so worried that my address was wrong or something, thanks to the tracker, but since my mailbox wasn't spammed I suppose that means that I just never got one.

Of course, it's also possible that the tracker was picking up a package that wasn't a notebook. Perhaps that's why it was shut down...

Typing this from my new cr48 notebook! UPS guy arrived around 4 this afternoon...been playing with it ever since, and I have to admit...it's quite nice!

:cool:

I finally got mine today. :D

Anyone tried the development channel?

I got mine a week or so ago and it is nice. Everything I need when I'm away is available via internet, so nothing but the web is ok with me. I've not done any hacking or modding, not sure I will since it does all I need already (but I'll be reading up on it).

• 2 weeks later...

Question any one here not get a Cr-48 that got got the mass emails about the Cr-48 group? I did and got in contact with a ninja 11 days ago and she said my info was sent to shipping yet I have not gotten it... Either Shipping is backed up or they only ship so many perday/week.... If any one else was in this same situation were they were in contact with a ninja but received yours. how long was your wait?