Official Wii vs. The World

Super Mario Bros. games.

Only console you'll find your grandparents playing with you.

Very true. My cousins have a Wii, and I have played on it with them and my grandfather.

I would say one of the few things the Wii has going for it is similar in vein to what lcg said, first party titles. Nintendo has a knack for making amazing first party games, and recent releases are no exception. Other than that there really isn't much else and Nintendo need to have a new home console ready for E3 2011.

One can only dream though. :rolleyes:

Nintendo definitely has the right stuff with first-party titles. I don't think that's their biggest appeal though. To me, it's the casual and family-friendly "appearance" of their products. When people see the Wii, they see a fun and family-engaging console that everyone can enjoy, from dad to little Johnny. This wider appeal is mainly why Nintendo has sold so many Wii consoles.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The Wii initially went back to basics. They focused on fun and experience. Arcade-like games that were just great fun. But then they started making crap like Metroid: Other M, and started moving in a more "hardcore" direction.

The Wii initially went back to basics. They focused on fun and experience. Arcade-like games that were just great fun.

For me anyway, that's exactly why I bought the thing. (Well that and the Zelda titles.) Lots of fun and quick gaming. For the more "epic/hardcore" games, that's what I have Windows for, which (again, just opinion) find far superior to any console, just not a fan of the limitations a console brings, never mind the horrid controls.