Jailbreak Android?

What Galaxy S phone do you exactly have? Such as the Vibrant, Captivate, etc. Are you in the US or another country?

What version of Android are you currently running? I wouldn't ask as most people would be running 2.1 because officially 2.2 is not out yet for US phones. But it is for other devices like the regular i9000 Galaxy S or the Vibrant for Bell users only. Rooting for 2.2 is different than 2.1.

What Galaxy S phone do you exactly have? Such as the Vibrant, Captivate, etc. Are you in the US or another country?

What version of Android are you currently running? I wouldn't ask as most people would be running 2.1 because officially 2.2 is not out yet for US phones. But it is for other devices like the regular i9000 Galaxy S or the Vibrant for Bell users only. Rooting for 2.2 is different than 2.1.

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 8GB

Firmware Version: 2.1update1

England

Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 8GB

Firmware Version: 2.1update1

England

Thanks, the link that 0day gave you will work if done correctly. Did you put update.zip in the correct location and then boot into recovery mode? The same goes with Cupcakes reply, XDA offers so much help for everything you want to do with your device.

You can also try this root method by Chainfire, as most people will redirect you to: http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=788108

There is also a 1 click root method here: http://www.addictive...a-single-click/

Thanks i've got it rooted now. But how do I download the rooted apps?

Majority of the apps that you want to take advantage from rooting your device can be found in the Android Market. There are many of these ranging from Titanium Backup to MyBackup Pro to AdFree to AutoStarts.

Titanium Backup will backup applications you have installed, also allowing you to remove apps, especially system apps that you may no longer want/or ever plan to use. MyBackup Pro will work without work but there are certain features it takes advantage of (forget which) by rooting. AdFree will get rid of ads on your device. AutoStarts will allow you to control what apps start up with your phone, among control even more than just that but this needs to be done safely if you were to want to use this.

These are just some of the many, just giving you examples.

It just depends what exactly you wanted to do when you decided you wanted to root your device.

I just want to know how to download those paid apps for free after rooting my Samsung Galaxy S.

If you can't afford a 99c app (or anything under $10) then get a job or find a free alternative.

That being said: No one here at Neowin is going to tell you how to do that. You might also want to take the time to read up on the rules here:

No Illegal Software/Copyrighted Discussion.

Discussions involving warez, cracks, security circumvention, using torrents for downloading copyrighted or illegal material is strictly prohibited. This includes music files or other unauthorized software. Asking for help in doing so will cause warns or suspensions of accounts.

The following punishments may be applied to your account following infractions:

• Posting a link to pirated software/film/tv/music. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  • Suggesting (overtly endorsing) that somebody pirate material. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  • Requesting assistance in pirating material. = SNIP POST + WARNING LEVEL RAISE
  • Posting screenshots that show obviously pirated material (e.g. someone's uTorrent download screen) = SNIP POST + PM and/or ZERO LEVEL WARN
  • Openly discussing pirated material (e.g. z0mg - new episode of Lost was amazing!! BitTorrent FTW!) = SNIP POST + PM and/or ZERO LEVEL WARN