Platform Support merged

After discussions with the other Supervisors, we've decided to merge Platform support and place it under the Help & Discussion Center as:

Windows Support

- Live Services

- Microsoft Beta

- Server Support

Apple Support

- Software Updates

Linux Support

- HOW TO & FAQ Guides

Support rep has also been enabled for those forums.

Remember you can always move any of the platform support forums to your favorites, and then collapse the category should you not want to see the other forums.

This has reduced the index from by 3 categories to one.

These forums are also set to show all, rather than "from 90 days" and the Vista and 7 beta forums were merged back into Microsoft Beta.

*scratching head* but i thought you guys got raid of Vista & 7 beta forums??

They were archived, but now put into the general Microsoft Beta forum, so they can be searched for.

It's rather messy though that everything Apple related (hardware + software + third party software + third party hardware + news & rumors) has now been merged into a single support thread, while the other support threads are based on the operating system itself only.

The Apple Support forum has been transformed into a mix of

- Windows Support,

- Hardware Hangout,

- OS Customization,

- Software Discussion & Support &

- Back Page News

when it comes to Macintosh related threads.

I think at the very least the Apple Support forum could benefit from a hardware subforum in order to keep things a bit more organized. Also, all news/rumor items regarding Apple should be left out of the Apple Support forum and moved to Back Page News.

Especially Apple related news & rumor threads have no place in the Apple Support forum anymore, since it has nothing to do with "Apple Support".

Rename it to "Apply Support and Discussion"?

That would make more sense, but it doesn't really address the issue of the Apple Support and Discussion forum being one big messy pile of everything.

Personally I would get rid of the Software Updates subforum, as they can be discussed in the software section as well. Instead having hardware and software subforums would reduce the clutter tremendously and make the whole Apple subsection more organized. The main section can be used for general stuff, news and rumors:

Apple Support and Discussion

• Software • Hardware

The way things have become now doesn't really make the Apple Support forum a treat to be active in... :/

That would make more sense, but it doesn't really address the issue of the Apple Support and Discussion forum being one big messy pile of everything.

Personally I would get rid of the Software Updates subforum, as they can be discussed in the software section as well. Instead having hardware and software subforums would reduce the clutter tremendously and make the whole Apple subsection more organized. The main section can be used for general stuff, news and rumors:

? Software ? Hardware

The way things have become now doesn't really make the Apple Support forum a treat to be active in... :/

I second this.

TBH: I seem to be like a cat and not like the changes made... meh, seems like I'm in the minority... .___.

Glassed Silver:lin

• 1 month later...

Hmm...where do conversations regarding Apple (such as "hey look at this new piece of software I found" type discussions) and are not necessarily 'support' related go? In the Software Discussion forum? I like .Neo's idea.

'Apple' is just a really hostile subject to some people. Including Windows and Mac OS X software discussions in the same forum will likely require additional moderation.

? Software ? Hardware

This makes more sense to me.