I'm Still Here

I didn't see a topic for this, so forgive me if there was one.

I'm sorry, but this movie just seemed horrible to me from start to finish. The acting was just pathetic -- by everyone involved. Phoenix, Affleck, and all the supporting cast that you could tell were obviously in on the joke. The only "good" acting was the acting that wasn't even acting -- only the people who weren't in on the joke pulled me into the movie. Other than that, the obvious hoax ruined the movie for me. I'm not even talking about this being in retrospect -- if you're just watching the movie, and taking it for what it is, it's almost impossible to be drawn in.

People are calling this performance art, but I don't see any art or even remotely decent performances. The sad thing is Affleck is obviously a respectable director, but the movie just doesn't lend itself to what it tries to accomplish. The concept itself is also decent, but it just doesn't work. Some of the editing also just doesn't seem to transition well in the movie. I'm not sure if this were a conscious choice, but if it were, I simply don't understand it.

1/5... stay away, IMO.

Maybe this should be moved to Last Movie You Watched forum.

But yeh man this movie was horrific - like the point of the film was to shock and stir up contraversy but I don't think it was achieved. Throughotut the film it was just like watching a train wreck.

He was doing a decent amount of blow all throughout the film too lol

It's weird though cos he is a decent actor.. lol thats hollywood actors for ya :/

Maybe this should be moved to Last Movie You Watched forum.

But yeh man this movie was horrific - like the point of the film was to shock and stir up contraversy but I don't think it was achieved. Throughotut the film it was just like watching a train wreck.

He was doing a decent amount of blow all throughout the film too lol

It's weird though cos he is a decent actor.. lol thats hollywood actors for ya :/

Nah, I'm making it specifically for ratings. Thanks for your opinions, though... I agree with most of what you said. The whole thing was a train wreck. I know he was supposed to come across as a train wreck, but none of it was believable to me.