F1 World Championship 2011 Thread

110 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will win the Constructor's Championship?

• Red Bull Renault
    • McLaren Mercedes
    • Ferrari
    • Mercedes GP
    • Lotus Renault GP
    • Williams Cosworth
    • Force India Mercedes
    • Sauber Ferrari
    • Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari
    • Team Lotus Renault
    • Hispania Racing Team Cosworth
    • Marussia Virgin Racing Cosworth
  2. 2. Which driver will win the World Driver's Championship?

• Sebastian Vettel
    • Mark Webber
    • Lewis Hamilton
    • Jenson Button
    • Fernando Alonso
    • Felipe Massa
    • Michael Schumacher
    • Nico Rosberg
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Vitali Petrov
    • Rubens Barichello
    • Pastor Madonaldo
    • Adrian Sutil
    • Paul di Resta
    • Kamui Kobayashi
    • Sergio Perez
    • Sebastian Buemi
    • Jaime Algersuari
    • Other (specify below)

I really wish they'd not been allowed to change tyres and setup after the red flag, it's ruined the race for the last few laps. Basically just a walk-on now :/

i think it was fair and balanced.

i would have had pretty big troubles to see a guy winning who got gifted 1 place at the start (as usual) was the luckiest with the safetycar and even luckier that behind him there was a gap between 30 and 40 seconds.

vettel showed today that he is the only one deserving the championship of 2010 (if there are still doubters) and, as hamilton seems to have subscribed to badluck, in 2011 too.

rejects of the race:

webber .. do i need to say more?

and ferrari ... for running this one man show. and still failing horribly to win at a track where they maybe had the best chance this year :p

I really wish they'd not been allowed to change tyres and setup after the red flag, it's ruined the race for the last few laps. Basically just a walk-on now :/

Ruined an exciting finish to the race for me. I'd rather they just end the race there and then rather than be allowed to change tyres and continue the race.

Vettel spraying champagne into the guards face. What complete, utter disrespect. He should be stripped of his win and thrown into jail.

Vettel spraying champagne into the guards face. What complete, utter disrespect. He should be stripped of his win and thrown into jail.

:blink: Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

As above, definitely agree that working on the cars during the red flag shouldn't be allowed, especially changing the tyres! Ruined what was potentially a very exciting finish! Jenson was really unlucky today, but another fantastic drive around one of the world's most challenging circuits - Just shows how fantastic a driver he is!

again, a spectacular race. :D

i think RBR got confused with their new "anti-ferrari pit tactics", both Vettle & Webber pitted at same time, & RBR pit guys were very very slow with even Vettle.

anyways, Vettle showed again he can handle the challenge very well. he truly deserved this win also.

Hamilton was causing few of the crashes today :p, i think he's prolly gonna get 20sec added to his final time (go thru penalty)

Massa had a good car today, but he should have backed down at tunnel.

Such a lame ending. Ferrari & Alonso had the perfect strategy and it was a Senna-Mansell-esque fight to the chequered flag if not for the amateurs that belong in GP2. Drop Hamilton back there for a couple of races too, he fits in nice with the crashfest.

:blink: Do you realise how ridiculous you sound?

To be fair, it wasn't necessary, was it? Or is this another situation where emotions get to a sportsman and he can do wth he likes? :rolleyes:

Though I think it may not be the best idea to have worn tyres but cold on a restart. Yes, we all wanted a race to the end but chances are, all you get is another crash due to lack of knowledge of where the tyre is. It is sort of inconsistent when you can do anything apart from tyres anyway. Hell you can fix a rear wing in it.

The funny thing about Hamilton thing is, a simple 20 seconds won't actually punish him as the next car is a lap behind. I may probably dislike Hamilton the most out of all the drivers and hence have this opinion, but he really should be chalked off the results. He had 2 incidents, one with Massa and then with Maldonado, the latter of which is completely foolhardy. And it just boils my blood when he claimed Massa deliberately turned on him. I understand it technically is team radio, but to say Massa deliberately turned on him is utter nonsense and it is poor sport for the sake of keeping his position. In any other circumstance, probably 20 seconds is good enough if he loses a place or as a first incident. But this was no punishment and is a very avoidable error. Is not like if you got caught out by the slow speed of the driver in front, it is nonsensical "get out of my way" driving. I don't think drivers are obliged to avoid you coming so far back and you had barely attacked him on track before. He had a case of Schumi did him into the wall earlier in the race as he was weaving around Michael for a few laps.

Amazing how fast the Williams was lifted away, took less than a minute for sure, maybe even just 20 seconds.

To be fair, it wasn't necessary, was it? Or is this another situation where emotions get to a sportsman and he can do wth he likes? :rolleyes:

Spraying champagne on someone does not warrant being stripped of a race win and being sent to jail.

Spraying champagne on someone does not warrant being stripped of a race win and being sent to jail.

I never said it did. But his celebration was over the top. He clearly wasn't inclined to run up the podium steps and spray the royals, was he? But spraying a guard was OK in his book.

I never said it did. But his celebration was over the top. He clearly wasn't inclined to run up the podium steps and spray the royals, was he? But spraying a guard was OK in his book.

Umm, yes you did.

Did he change his name in the short time between those posts?

... :wacko: OK, I'll shut up.

Another good GP fantastic driving and overtaking , pity Hamilton behaved like a brat, trying to bully his way through, no need for it.

I'll be interested to see what penalty he gets.

Another good GP fantastic driving and overtaking , pity Hamilton behaved like a brat, trying to bully his way through, no need for it.

I'll be interested to see what penalty he gets.

Laughable. He had the move done, and Massa turned in on him, something Massa is prone to doing when being passed. I thought the stewards were over the top here, however I am pleased to see another penalty for the Maldonado incident is unlikely

The Massa incident was stupid. There was no way Massa would have seen him, he wasn't even alongside the car when they collided. Hamilton was just pushing it and trying to race, which i think is great, i'm glad Hamilton tries these moves it makes the racing more exciting.

The Maldonado incident was similar to how he overtook Schumacher earlier on, just Maldonado turned in while Schumacher maybe with his more experience gave him some room.

Wow... talk about an eventful race. Had to laugh at Lewis's "Maybe it's because I'm black?" comment referring to the stewards. I can't help but think there are going to be lots of headlines and things happening behind the scenes long after this race is over!