Apple Goes After iPad Cutting Board Developer

cutting.png

Dean Kaplan created an iPad cutting board. Unfortunately for him, Apple’s lawyers told him to stop selling them. The reason given was based on “likeness” issues.

According to Kaplan:

Truth is I never sold any, but a few lucky people in the industry received a few (like at last WWDC). I still have a stack of them, along with original prototype. I think I’ll figure out a way to give them to the truly deserving among us. Maybe someone who thinks this is outrageous will blog or tweet about it and catch my eye. Just maybe.

In December, we highlighted a different cutting board that looked a lot like an Apple iDevice. Created by myBrett, the board sells for 15 Euros. As of today, this item is still available.

While I respect Apple’s right to protect its intellectual property, we’re talking about cutting boards here, folks.

What do you think? Should Apple be worrying about cutting boards, or have they crossed a line? Leave your comments below

Apple Sauce

Seriously, Apple ... ?

Apple is protecting their cutting edge products.

protecting from a cutting board ? yeah thats a viable threat.

The biggest threat to apple: people with an IQ over 90.

:devil:

sorry, had to - it was too easy

(and yes I have an iPhone - my IQ is that of a bowl of dog food)

Apple is protecting their cutting edge products.

Post of the day!

Glassed Silver:ios

Wow they look truly awful in the picture in this thread, however the ones on their website do look much better

But still, its a hell of a stretch at no point does it say its anything to do with apple, the icons don't look apple and it could just as easily be any other phone/tablet product.

Sheesh wtf Apple?

Because a cutting board will work and function like an iPad...funny stuff Well, maybe it will work better...

Get real Apple and get your head out of you asses. Nothing Apple does surprises me anymore.