HDR picture.

So tonight I tried to take an HDR picture. first picture 5 second exposure EV 0.0, second 2.0 third -2.0.

I guess i bumped it on the last picture because the picture is blurry:

5437647642_365a08f5be_b.jpg

If I put just the two pictures together its alittle bit better but still blurry:

5437647738_112e71f0fd_b.jpg

I downloaded and used FDRTools on my macbook because i dont have my windows pc with me so i am not sure what all to do with them besides render them together.

Also to do an HDR picture is a tripod a must? I wasnt using one tonight.

any other tips?

I downloaded and used FDRTools on my macbook because i dont have my windows pc with me so i am not sure what all to do with them besides render them together.

Also to do an HDR picture is a tripod a must? I wasnt using one tonight.

any other tips?

In my experience, artificial lighting doesn't go that well with HDR, but you might be able to prove me wrong :)

Also, if you are shooting HDR at night, definitely use a tripod, each picture needs to be as sharp/lined up as possible ;)

Oh and as far as software is concerned, all you really need is Photomatix

EDIT: Another thing, if your camera has bracketing, use that, otherwise you'll need 3 images to get a good shot (one normal, one overexposed, one underexposed)

In my experience, artificial lighting doesn't go that well with HDR, but you might be able to prove me wrong :)

Also, if you are shooting HDR at night, definitely use a tripod, each picture needs to be as sharp/lined up as possible ;)

Oh and as far as software is concerned, all you really need is Photomatix

EDIT: Another thing, if your camera has bracketing, use that, otherwise you'll need 3 images to get a good shot (one normal, one overexposed, one underexposed)

thanks i want to get a tripod soon.

i dont have bracketing.

i will have to put that on my windows pc

As Richard mentioned artificial lighting is a bit harder to do hdr with... although, I have done it and it came out nice IMO...

I don't like the overly processed look and I rarely do HDR... it's nice to look at, and I'll do it for fun...

If you are doing nightshots with a tripod.. make sure you use a remote/timed shutter, and for added sharpness set the camera to lockup the mirror...

As you know, you need multiple shots at various exposures... 3 is okay... more is better ... This one guy on flickr does a lot of hdr... here is a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anto13/

and here is the photo I spoke of that I took ... I believe it was 5 RAW shots... and I used only photomatrix

5171192240_9439633884.jpg

... Holy Hell... I just watched the intro video for Oloneo... and that thing looks insane - the relight feature-! Wicked!!!

As Richard mentioned artificial lighting is a bit harder to do hdr with... although, I have done it and it came out nice IMO...

I don't like the overly processed look and I rarely do HDR... it's nice to look at, and I'll do it for fun...

If you are doing nightshots with a tripod.. make sure you use a remote/timed shutter, and for added sharpness set the camera to lockup the mirror...

As you know, you need multiple shots at various exposures... 3 is okay... more is better ... This one guy on flickr does a lot of hdr... here is a link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/anto13/

and here is the photo I spoke of that I took ... I believe it was 5 RAW shots... and I used only photomatrix

5171192240_9439633884.jpg

that is awesome!