Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Silva

I don't know why Gina is coming back. I know that she may need some more exposure for other Hollywood roles but is it worth getting smashed in that lovely face for it? She will probably cut down to 135 and fight for the belt or top contendership as per SF Bizarro MMA Rules of Title Contention. Maybe we'll get a Miesha Tate - Gina Carano fight if Tate wins the belt from Marloes... The weigh-in would have better TV ratings than the fight lol.

I don't know why Gina is coming back. I know that she may need some more exposure for other Hollywood roles but is it worth getting smashed in that lovely face for it? She will probably cut down to 135 and fight for the belt or top contendership as per SF Bizarro MMA Rules of Title Contention. Maybe we'll get a Miesha Tate - Gina Carano fight if Tate wins the belt from Marloes... The weigh-in would have better TV ratings than the fight lol.

yeah i agree, no idea why she's coming back. I love her to death, but she's not gonna be cyborg, and she had a hard enough time making weight, i dont think she can cut to 135 without issue. Would be nice though.

Forgot about the weight issue completely. She'll probably stick to 145 then but to get back into fighting knowing full well you can't top the champion... bad career move in such a shallow division because there are only so many fights you can win before you have to fight the champ.

"If the fighter doesn't want to fight the promoter doesn't make him fight. And if he wants to retire then it's time to walk away. But I don't think that's the case ... and I think the loser of (Alistair) Overeem and (Fabricio) Werdum, that would be a great fight for Fedor (Emelianenko)."

Scott Coker dixit. Kind of grasping at straws there to save SF financial future. And like SF Bizarro MMA rules, it's to make a big time PPV for two fighters coming of high profile loses. And seeing how Werdum will possibly lose, we get Fedor on a 2-loss streak against Werdum coming in from a loss and having already beaten Fedor... PPV dreams coming true :rolleyes: