What features do you actually miss?

- no Windows Live Messenger client (although there is a free app for it). Why didn't MS include it?

probably a combination of antitrust and operators blocking it, they still want you to pay for your WLM access like on the old smart dumb terminals :p

but mostly antitrust I guess. and the oversight is almost over so.

There are several apps for my trophy that can use the camera led as a flashlight, from official htc apps, the official MS avatar apps, and third party apps.

you probably need to do what I have to do in norway. add in ",town, country" after the street adress you're searching for.

and since it remembers the last search string, I donly need to click the street name/number to change those, and just leave the town and country part alone.

Well the problem is it can't map my contacts addresses properly, so that bugs me more then anything. So in this sense i'd have to manually add addresses to all my contacts tailored to bing, which would be a huge hassle.

yeah, but the map issues alogn with other localization problems shoudl work fine once the phone is officially launched in your country.

I just wish there was a plan for when it's being launched in various countries/regions.

As for the lack of a WLM client since it's not that hard for MS to actually do, I wonder if they're thinking of a way to add it to the People Hub maybe? Since it's not the same like FB/Twitter that you can just list it could be tricky to work out but I think that's the best option and what they probably have in mind.

As for the lack of a WLM client since it's not that hard for MS to actually do, I wonder if they're thinking of a way to add it to the People Hub maybe? Since it's not the same like FB/Twitter that you can just list it could be tricky to work out but I think that's the best option and what they probably have in mind.

I think it may have something to do with the lack of multitasking. Maybe they will include or make an official app after that is added so that it could run in the background. Just a thought.

I think it may have something to do with the lack of multitasking. Maybe they will include or make an official app after that is added so that it could run in the background. Just a thought.

Well if it's an official app from MS it'd still multitask and run in the background like the other MS apps do, Zune/IE etc.

There are several apps for my trophy that can use the camera led as a flashlight, from official htc apps, the official MS avatar apps, and third party apps.

List them, every app I've seen has LED support as a pending feature as soon as MS allows it.

Visual Voicemail is the only feature I miss from my iPhone.

Just thought I'd post that I found out my carrier actually sends me a text message whenever I get a voice mail. And yes, the text message is the contents of the voice mail converted into text. I like that more than visual voice mail.

List them, every app I've seen has LED support as a pending feature as soon as MS allows it.

Well to start with MS very own avatar widget.

personally since I can't buy stuff on the market, I just use the htc "flashlight" app. since the other cost money and well this one doesn't.

personally since I can't buy stuff on the market, I just use the htc "flashlight" app. since the other cost money and well this one doesn't.

I think MS and OEM's have that other framework which supposedly has native access.

Even the Avatar Games doesn't use the LED flash, it just brightens up the screen :/ It's only OEM's for now that can do it

well my avatar gadgets trial is out. but I'm pretty sure when I could do it when I first tried it out, it used the led on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...