Stratiform for Firefox

Well we have started redoing the UI to make it easier to find styles and clean up our interface. Progress is going pretty slowly because both Ben and I have been a bit busy. I would like to update our dev build, but currently the UI is very broken. When it's usable again I'll be sure to update you guys.

Glad you guys even found the time to make this. It's working fine on v10 nightlies, so just update whenever you get some spare time.

Thought I would show you guys our new settings pane.

post-49492-0-06527100-1320563660_thumb.p

We have made quite a bit of progress in the last few days. Most options except the color sliders are in the new options tab. Hopefully we can get a development build out in a few days.

Thought I would show you guys our new settings pane.

We have made quite a bit of progress in the last few days. Most options except the color sliders are in the new options tab. Hopefully we can get a development build out in a few days.

The Settings pane style looks great, BUT...Any new features????

Hi, first off thanks for making and maintaining this awesome addon.

After updating to FF8 and the new dev build, I'm getting some bugs.

Here's Stratiform 1.2 on FF7...

ff7strat121.jpg

and here's 1.3 on FF8

ff8strat13.jpg

It seems Small Icons mode is not working right.. the buttons are too spaced out and the outlines only showup on mouseover. Hopefully you can find a fix for this... I really don't like using big icons with the oversized Back arrow button, just looks fugly IMO. The Firefox button's alpha channel is also not working (not related to big/small icons). The 2nd image is showing the mouseover state.. when not hovering it's just solid white.

Thanks again for your hard work, waiting patiently for official release.

The Settings pane style looks great, BUT...Any new features????

Wondering if they can add a full transparency setting for the firefox menu button background color. I use Firefox Personas and frequently change between the skins. Having this would save time adjusting the color settings so it blends in and make it even more hidden.

Thanks, for the Firefox menu I just went back to using a solid color.

For the buttons, I figured out Small Buttons ignores Stratiform's button style declaration and uses the native windows one, and my VS was causing the buttons to be too wide.

1.3 2011-11-15

Finally got an update out for our dev builds. Go ahead and have Firefox check for add-on updates. The main changes are most of the new UI is in, mostly fixed button coloring, fixed Firefox button coloring, and some other minor changes. The button background-image is missing from this build, it should return shortly. Ben is currently studying for exams so progress has pretty much halted until that is over.

Download

If you're using Nightly, you should be dealing with add-on compatibility by yourself IMO.

I can but why not addon should be default to compatible. Mozilla will keep its version inflation same, its upto dev to keep the pace like Adblock Plus Dev builds.

Nightly isn't supported that's why it isn't marked as compatible.

Its OK. Thanks for replying.

I can but why not addon should be default to compatible. Mozilla will keep its version inflation same, its upto dev to keep the pace like Adblock Plus Dev builds.

Because there's actually a lot of minor differences between the channels. Especially when it comes to themes, even a 1px offset will end up breaking something or make stuff look wrong. Some devs feel like devoting time and energy maintaining their code for all 4 channels, some don't.

You said you can deal with add-on compatibility. Well, it's your responsibility to do so if you're using Nightly.

Could you bring back the Strata50 back button with no circle? I loved the Chrome look without totally converting it to a theme.

Basically you want the Strata50 (or similar style) without any borders on buttons until hovered (including the back-button)?

Basically you want the Strata50 (or similar style) without any borders on buttons until hovered (including the back-button)?

Including the back button - yes. The Strata50 back button w/ no circle broke with 8.0. The dev version you released cleaned it up a little bit so it doesn't look as glitchy, but I'd prefer it if the circle was gone completely, so as to look like Chrome once again.

The non-transparent Firefox button is a bug which I have fixed. You can add the following to userChrome.css or Stylish:

#appmenu-button {
  background-color: transparent !important;
}

The small buttons style isn't a bug, in Firefox 8 they were changed. Here is the link to the bug https://bugzilla.moz...g.cgi?id=671553

Works like a charm. Thx

Thank you for the new stratiform update, I love the new UI.

I've noticed it does not style the icons/buttons when 'small icons' is selected, is this by design or something that has been overlooked?

Thank you for the new stratiform update, I love the new UI.

I've noticed it does not style the icons/buttons when 'small icons' is selected, is this by design or something that has been overlooked?

Mozilla decided that the small buttons should have system button appearance. In Stratiform we are just trying to follow all these little changes they make to keep it consistent, the icons should change however.

Yeah, looking forward to the soft7 options!

BTW, noticed when using soft7 VS, the rightclick menu shadow in firefox is gone. This also applies to the bookmarks toolbar when expanding. I know you dont have anything to do with the VS, just wondering if u know a way to get the shadows back with stylish or something like that?

• 2 weeks later...

So giving Firefox 8.0.1 another try.. Just for giggles, and really liked this theme back in the day.. There isn't an 8.0.1 version out yet? Or am I just missing it somewhere. Really want to use this theme if I am going to keep using Firefox