Gears of War 3 landing Sept 20, 2011

Im still lost about wtf happened at the end of GOW 2

all we hear is Fenix father asking what has he done....

My best guess was the Jacinto wasn't supposed to fall. I guess Adam Fenix has some sort of plan with the Queen or something. It's been several years since I've seen the ending of Gears 2. :laugh:

Im still lost about wtf happened at the end of GOW 2

all we hear is Fenix father asking what has he done....

Sinking Jacinto played to the Locust hand, and forced the humans to the seas. Obviously Marcus's father is still alive.

Really makes you wonder how they can wrap up everything, or almost everything in the 3rd one? This better have some deep writing going on unless they want to leave some things open for the future. But then they've always said this was going to be a trilogy in the end, unless that's changed now.

Really makes you wonder how they can wrap up everything, or almost everything in the 3rd one? This better have some deep writing going on unless they want to leave some things open for the future. But then they've always said this was going to be a trilogy in the end, unless that's changed now.

Cliffy B's actually been pretty insistent that they've never had a hard statement that this will be a trilogy or have any certain amount of games. What he has said is that this will be the end to the current story arc.

Cliffy B's actually been pretty insistent that they've never had a hard statement that this will be a trilogy or have any certain amount of games. What he has said is that this will be the end to the current story arc.

That's probably what I took to mean that it'd end. If they go off on some new story arc and keep it going I wouldn't complain.

pre ordered my copy i noticed there was 3 versions anyone know what makes up each version ?

There's 3 versions?

Original, Limited, Epic.

ah alright. Going to wait till they announce everything on which versions have whatever items. Then I will pre-order. Will probably get Epic anyway.

Gears of War 3 Easter Egg Will Take "Months If Not Years" To Find

We all love Easter Eggs in videogames, right? I mean, who didn't enjoy finding an image of a man bouncing up and down in swimming trunks in Halo 3, or the insane Grunt who couldn't stop talking about drugs? How about that toaster in Gears of War 2 where Marcus and Dom somehow managed to make burned toast sound so manly? Easter Eggs in videogames are, simply put, awesome. Thankfully, Epic Games will be tucking a few of them into Gears of War 3.

Speaking at GDC as part of his speech, Epic's Cliff Bleszinski talked about how adding personalities, Easter Eggs in particular, into games can effect a developer's reputation among gamers. While he was discussing this, Bleszinski talked about one Easter Egg in Gears of War 3 that he claimed will take players "months if not years" to find. He didn?t, however, go into much detail.

Cliff Bleszinski, challenge accepted. Gears of War 3 launches worldwide on September 20th for the Xbox 360.

Source

I have been hearing about epic and limited and we actually just ran out of reserves for epic but NO DETAILS or information on the internetz?

I can't find it on amazon either and I didn't get to PRE ORDER a copy so anyone know what's up?

Gears of War 3 Easter Egg Will Take "Months If Not Years" To Find

We all love Easter Eggs in videogames, right? I mean, who didn't enjoy finding an image of a man bouncing up and down in swimming trunks in Halo 3, or the insane Grunt who couldn't stop talking about drugs? How about that toaster in Gears of War 2 where Marcus and Dom somehow managed to make burned toast sound so manly? Easter Eggs in videogames are, simply put, awesome. Thankfully, Epic Games will be tucking a few of them into Gears of War 3.

Speaking at GDC as part of his speech, Epic's Cliff Bleszinski talked about how adding personalities, Easter Eggs in particular, into games can effect a developer's reputation among gamers. While he was discussing this, Bleszinski talked about one Easter Egg in Gears of War 3 that he claimed will take players "months if not years" to find. He didn?t, however, go into much detail.

Cliff Bleszinski, challenge accepted. Gears of War 3 launches worldwide on September 20th for the Xbox 360.

Source

tumblr_lfgcg5qzsl1qbvc38o1_400.jpg

Nope, it will work on any Xbox 360 console regardless of if it's modified or not. All you have to do is inject it in to your hard drive, or an Xbox 360 formatted USB drive.

After that you can load it up and the full 2gb beta will be downloaded when it's released on live.

I probably can't post a link to it on Neowin, however you will have no trouble finding it if you Google.

I watched the videos the other day (Saturday I think), and it has some good stuff in it. After watching the interview, I can see a lot of what Cliff Bleszinski was saying though, especially when people think he's a dbag or something else for whatever reason. He doesn't come across like that in the interview to me at least. Either, I'm looking forward to the beta (and unlocking those gold guns in the final version).

Just watched the first part of the IGN videos so far, but what I've seen looks really, really good. My excitement level for this game has definitely increased massively with all of the GDC and PAX East coverage. I love how they're finally adding in Team Deathmatch, and I personally agree 100% with what Cliff said about Team Deathmatch vs Objective-based game modes (though I do have room on my heart for both).

I've always liked Cliff. He's truly passionate about what he does for a living, he's a lot smarter than people often give him credit for, and he's always been really cool when it comes to sharing his knowledge as opposed to hoarding it all.

Gears 3 was the most impressive looking game at pax east IMHO. When I first saw the screens, I thought they were being played on high-end computers. Then I noticed the TVs connected to Xboxes. It really blew away the PC demo for Crysis 2 (not saying I looked at both games under a microscope at Pax, but just the overall visual experience walking from booth to booth).

I was honestly impressed, especially since I was never a huge Gears fan. I played the Gears 3 demo several times during PAX, and it'll definitely be one of my primary multiplayer games this fall.

Have to say, I just watched all 4 parts of the Cliffy B interview, spent the better part of almost an hour doing so, and he really is an incredibly smart guy, and overall an incredibly good person. I think both things really are very evident in this interview. I also have to say for whatever reason despite having truly enjoyed the first 2 games, Gears 3 just really was not on my radar that much, and now it is definitely a much more anticipated release then it was prior to watching this. Still not convinced I will play the MP all that much, as these days just not really that big of a fan of MP regardless, but 4 player CoOp definitely has me intrigued. I now kinda wish that the PC edition of the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm, which I have, came with the Beta as well.