Breast milk ice cream goes on sale in Covent Garden

A restaurant in London's Covent Garden is serving a new range of ice cream, made with breast milk.

The dessert, called Baby Gaga, is churned with donations from London mother Victoria Hiley, and served with a rusk and an optional shot of Calpol or Bonjela.

Mrs Hiley, 35, said if adults realised how tasty breast milk was more new mothers would be encouraged to breastfeed.

Each serving of Baby Gaga at Icecreamists costs £14.

Mrs Hiley's donation was expressed on site and pasteurised before being churned with Madagascan vanilla pods and lemon zest.

Icecreamists founder Matt O'Connor placed an advert appealing for breast milk donations and believes his new recipe will be a success.

What's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?”

Victoria Hiley

Mother

"If it's good enough for our children, it's good enough for the rest of us," he said.

"Some people will hear about it and go yuck - but actually it's pure organic, free-range and totally natural."

Mrs Hiley, who gets £15 for every 10 ounces of milk she donates to the company, said it was a great "recession beater".

"What's the harm in using my assets for a bit of extra cash?" she added.

"I teach women how to get started on breastfeeding their babies. There's very little support for women and every little helps."

Mr O'Connor said 14 other women had come forward to offer their services. Health checks for the lactating women were the same used by hospitals to screen blood donors.

"No-one's done anything interesting with ice cream in the last hundred years," he added.

Source: BBC (with video)

When I read that title, parts of me died inside lol, Its discussing IMO

Its discussing? :p

But, god. Eugh. Power to perverts and fetishes.

There are enough milch cows and goats farting methane gas into the atmosphere, producing more than enough milk for everyone! Why the hell would I want to drink or eat some fat lactating womans milk? It's utterly ridiculous and just a money making racket!

And how or why would she be lactating forever without a recently-had baby? :p So she's giving her baby's share to charity?

Kinda sad, everyone is going blech to drinking a human's breast milk (when we're all human) but most of the human population happily gulps down COW'S milk without thinking that's even slightly odd....just saying...

Breast milk is intended for humans to drink. It's full of natural goodness and vitamins etc (though we're not really meant to drink it past a year). Cows milk is actually NOT so good for you when compared to human milk, and it's only because we've built up a tolerance to it over hundreds of years that we can drink it at all! Many Japenese people have little tolerance to animal lactose because they don't really use dairy.

Breast milk is intended for humans to drink. It's full of natural goodness and vitamins etc (though we're not really meant to drink it past a year). Cows milk is actually NOT so good for you when compared to human milk, and it's only because we've built up a tolerance to it over hundreds of years that we can drink it at all! Many Japenese people have little tolerance to animal lactose because they don't really use dairy.

In fact Dog's milk is much much better for you full of vitamins full of goodness full of marrow bone jelly!