Green Hornet: Complete Waste of Time

I just watched the Green Hornet, and I have to say, I was uterrly disgusted.

It's such a farce, it doesn't know what it wants to be. It tries to take itself seriously at first, and then turns into a total parody style crapshoot. Even if I approached it as a comedy, it's still a complete piece of crap. The jokes are not funny, Kato is stereotypically and racially represented badly, and the only remotely interesting aspect is the criminal side.

Cameron DIaz cannot save this movie, and that being said, I don't think anything can.

Take my advice, watch it drunk, or skip it altogether.

I liked it. The general concensus that I got was that most people also liked it. *shrug*

It wasn't a brainy movie by any means but it was pretty cool nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

Below average film.

Watching Seth Rogan play his normal character, the lovable goof that manages to screw up every time yet make a heroic come back.

Though I found the film was entertaining for the most part and there was interesting aspects such as the fighting sequences, the car, and the idea was there however I don't think it was executed to its fullest.

I would say its worth watching if you have 10 dollar cinema night, or its in the bargain bin next to The Wedding Planner...

Popcorn movie;

4.5 out of 10

Regards

AP

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it was pretty good :p I was not at all familiar with any of the old green hornet stuff though, so maybe that helps?

yeah I thought it was a fun ride...take it to seriously and you are a fool :p

• 4 weeks later...

Below average film.

Watching Seth Rogan play his normal character, the lovable goof that manages to screw up every time yet make a heroic come back.

Though I found the film was entertaining for the most part and there was interesting aspects such as the fighting sequences, the car, and the idea was there however I don't think it was executed to its fullest.

I would say its worth watching if you have 10 dollar cinema night, or its in the bargain bin next to The Wedding Planner...

Popcorn movie;

4.5 out of 10

Regards

AP

Agreed. I had so much potential , But meh... 4 at best..

I just watched the Green Hornet, and I have to say, I was uterrly disgusted.

It's such a farce, it doesn't know what it wants to be. It tries to take itself seriously at first, and then turns into a total parody style crapshoot. Even if I approached it as a comedy, it's still a complete piece of crap. The jokes are not funny, Kato is stereotypically and racially represented badly, and the only remotely interesting aspect is the criminal side.

Cameron DIaz cannot save this movie, and that being said, I don't think anything can.

Take my advice, watch it drunk, or skip it altogether.

Agreed, complete waste of time.

The only insteresting bits were some of the typical visual effects by Michael Gondry, only that they are horribly misplaced and don't make any sense at all :huh: like when Kato jumps over a car and the scene suddenly turns into Kato running over a bunchs of identical cars. Not sure what were they smoking there.

I agree with the waste of time here... I even spent the extra cash on 3D which I'll never watch another movie in 3D again. I sure hope thor and the others coming out have 2D alternatives in the theaters or I'll be ****ed.

She couldn't save any movie, in my opinion. She is a horrible actress and I generally turn away from any movie she is in. She just ruins them, and she, also in my opinion, is not attractive, and has horrible facial expressions that drive me insane just to watch.