Msn Messenger Down

installed windows updates...?  didn't help at all:((

585435697[/snapback]

Dont think it was ever going to... MSN are most likely having a problem at the datacenter rather than an update

BUT on the plus side your uptodate with current patches :))

I was able to access a half-available Windows Update through Firefox, that is a first...

I'll leave this test up to AU to see if it can work for once.

Thanks for the information.

585435660[/snapback]

Click the link in my sig. You can download the patches manually (Y)

Dont think it was ever going to... MSN are most likely having a problem at the datacenter rather than an update

585435742[/snapback]

Someone go to Redmond and feed the mice that run the servers :D

Yeah, loving your posts man ;)

I am not close minded. Just don't like any of the other IM programs and as I have stated above that the majority of people can bite the bullet. You not actually being an MSN user how can you make a judgement on whether people should use it or not...?

Shame you can't see the bright side of this matter or the majority underlying feeling...

585435733[/snapback]

Well i use msn and thats why i can compare lets face it the only real feature that msn got its handwrite (for msn 7)

Every single feature that msn got it copy it from the others and i can list the advantage and disadvantage of msn:

adv:

- Easy to use

- Integration with hotmail

- Sometimes its faster than any others (since its somehow integrated with windows)

- can use LONG nicknames

disadv:

- Less option than any others IM

- Poor file sending still cant resume files when it canceled by others factors

- Poor history design

- Poor stability and unreliable service (talking about the downtime and maintenance)

- Max 150 contact list

- No invisible mode (appear offline its not a invisible mode)

Again what im trying to do its to say that theres other alternatives and if u dun even try it you cant compare it msn its a lesser service still many users use it, i hope you got my point