New Chrome logo coming?

Found via winfuture.de:

Since yesterday Chromium features a new logo and icon. Screenshots:

About dialogue:

post-1302-0-34414000-1299702212.png

Icon:

post-1302-0-52661200-1299702281.png

Commit entry in the Chromium versioning control system

I'm guessing the Google Chrome icon will see a similar re-design soon.

What do you think of the new logo and icon?

I like it... I liked the old one too, but this one actually evokes more of a "chrome" image in my mind. Maybe because my motorcycle is primarily chrome and steel blue :D

I don't like it, too plain. Anyway, everything would be better than the current one if devs put in the high-res version.

The smaller triangle's (at the bottom) blue shade looks too similar to the bigger one left of it which kinda looks weird, but this is just from my laptop screen which washes some shades out.

I like it! It looks really nice actually. It projects a sleek look even before you open your browser. That being said, I liked the Chromium logo in particular due to the more muted blue colors.

It looks great, but just not quiet as well as the current logo. The current logo is shiny and just looks awesome! :D

to all those who say that it looks too plain, I agree but then a lot of companies are going plain today, looks like its in

It's true. Internet Explorer 9 has a pretty plain logo too. It's definitely not a bad thing, though.

i love this new chromium logo, please use it Google

No doubt they will. Their current logo is already based on the old chromium logo, aside from the different colors. So I'm guessing they will either implement this in their next dev build or whenever they reach chrome 12.

No doubt they will. Their current logo is already based on the old chromium logo, aside from the different colors. So I'm guessing they will either implement this in their next dev build or whenever they reach chrome 12.

It's a Chromium build though, so couldn't they have just put it in to receive feedback to see if users like it or not?

It's a Chromium build though, so couldn't they have just put it in to receive feedback to see if users like it or not?

Right, but chromium will bear this blue logo and isn't technically the part Google develops. If they plan to implement their yellow-blue-green-red version of the logo, they would add into the Chrome channels, starting with the canary channel first, then trickle down to the dev channel and so forth. I honestly don't think think anyone will hate this logo as it is a pretty good improvement.

It's true. Internet Explorer 9 has a pretty plain logo too. It's definitely not a bad thing, though.

agreed, plain isnt always bad. In fact I actually like it better, both the IE9 and new chrome one