Rap star Nate Dogg 'dies aged 41'

Sad, but that is what massive drug use will do.

who said he did drugs? weed is not a drug its a herb

he had a childhood illness so get your facts straight

I admit ... I lol'ed.

People are too serious here ...

It's not about being too serious its about showing a little respect at the loss of a human life. I see similar comments on CNN and other cites and its amazing to see the things people can say about other human beings while hiding behind a computer screen (just look at the stories on Japan). Even if you never knew or care to know the person, the death affects someone personally. So it would be wise to follow age old wisdom: "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything".

Regulators, mount up! That song was my first exposure and really I only know a couple others he did because I'm not a huge fan of the music but it's still sad. RIP.

So everyone seems to be giving Hum a hard time.

I remember when Charlton Heston died and the thread was all joy and happiness but when someone insults a rapper dying you people get your panties in a bunch. Sums up society pretty much. No wonder the world is going to hell.

I don't see why people would be happy about Charlton dying :/

Cleaned

If someone is trolling, then please use the report system. Replying only creates more work for the staff.

who said he did drugs? weed is not a drug its a herb

he had a childhood illness so get your facts straight

Ok genius, he was a great guy. I'm sure he never did any drugs in his life, everyone has massive strokes at a young age. Who hasn't done this...

Rapper Nate Dogg, born Nathaniel Dawayne Hale, was one of the pioneers of West Coast rap, working with Death Row Records and Dr. Dre in the mid 1990s. In April of 2002, Nate Dogg was arrested in Arizona on gun and marijuana possession charges after his tour bus was stopped for speeding, apparently going 85 mph in an 75 mph zone. After stopping the bus and opening the door officers could smell marijuana and subsequently conducted a search. The search turned up marijuana, drug paraphernalia and two pistols, a Tech-9 and Beretta, the latter of which was loaded. Following the traffic stop of Nate Dogg's tour bus, and the subsequent discovery of illegal narcotics and weapons, Nate Dogg was booked into the Mohave County Jail and booked on felony charges of possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia and possession of a stolen firearm. As well, Nate Dogg was charged with misconduct involving weapons while committing a felony.

Nate Dogg was released on $3,500 bail, pled no contest to the charges, and received three years of probation along with community service and was ordered to attend drug counselling sessions. Although this type of arrest is not uncommon when musical artists go on tour, it's not the only run in with the law Nate Dogg has endured. In June of 2000, Nate Dogg was arrested for allegedly kidnapping his then-girlfriend from her mother's house, assaulting her, holding her against her will and setting a car on fire. All of the charges levelled against Nate Dogg were eventually dismissed.

Nate Dogg's rap career wasn't affected by the either incident as he continues to be prolific and successful in the rap game. Nate Dogg continues to collaborate with some of the industry's biggest names, including 50 Cent, Eminem and his cousin, Snoop Dogg. Many would say that the popularity of Nate Dogg has only increased in recent years, particularly after his 2002 arrest.

again did i say he was perfect troll no i didn't

You never said he was perfect, but you did say to get your facts straight and as I pointed out, I believe I had them straight. No troll, I got no horse in this race...

it's a damn shame. he died WAYYY to young. RIP.

i used to listen to him and Warren G back in the day when i was in my teens.

i still got 'Warren G - Regulate G-Funk Era' (i still have the receipt for this in my room somewhere. i believe it was back in 1994 when i got this BEFORE it was hugely popular) and 'Nate Dogg - G-Funk Classics Vol1+2' from back in the day.

as back in the 1990's i used to listen to NOTHING but (gangster) rap music. which i did from 1992 through to sometime 2005. sometime in 2005+ is when i finally started to like other music besides Rap. now i almost never listen to rap music anymore and when i do it's usually the 1990's stuff with maybe some low low 2000's once in a while. but, at least from my perception, Rap music popularity from a general public perspective peaked back in the 1990's as it used to be cool for your average white guy to sag his pants etc. lol , but that was back around 1992-1996 range. Gangster Rap music pretty much peaked for me in 1998 with 'No-Limit Records' (i would have been 18-19 years old at that time) as that year where their golden year and was also the last year i bought many music CD's.