The Flash Bus Tour

So I attended the Flash Bus Tour on Sunday in SF. It was a pretty sweet deal for only $100. Here's the link if you haven't heard of it: www.theflashbus.com

5532058063_2e92c03694_z.jpg

The Flash Bus!

First up was David Hobby. He didn't do any shooting but he deconstructed a lot of photos, step by step. It was interesting hearing how he works through photos.

5532642374_17f26aed74_z.jpg

David Hobby teaches during the Flash Bus Tour

David "Zarias" Hobby - Impersonating Zach Arias.

5525042252_6b03aca982_z.jpg

David "Zarias" Hobby

Then after lunch, Joe McNally got up and did a live shooting demo. Here's 2 of his 3 assitants helping out w/ the shoot. The model was from the audience, although she did have previous experience.

5532059275_10b108dde7_z.jpg

Joe's assistants (Drew & Justin Bieber)

Then afterwards there was a Q/A section.

5532059409_6d3c9f5d09_z.jpg

Joe like funny jokes

There's a few more photos on my flickr if you wanna see them.

Funny story from the day -- Quick back story: I live in the north SF bay, so the event was about 90 minutes away. I was waiting in line in the bathroom (the audience was about 80% male, so there was a huge line) when somebody walks into the bathroom, walks passed the line and stops at me. He eyes me up and down (I think looking at my sweatshirt, which was my Sonoma State one) and says "are you the guy who shoots all the basketball at Sonoma State?"

"uhh.. yea."

"I see your work in the Strobist Flickr group all the time; keep up the good work!"

"Oh, thanks."

And then he leaves. Haha, rather quite random. Kinda cool that somebody knew my work well enough to follow me into the bathroom to say "good job!"

Overall it was a good show. It was cool finally meeting two of my favorite photographers that I've been following for years. I got them to sign a few things and I chatted w/ David about the future of his Strobist blog.

So I attended the Flash Bus Tour on Sunday in SF. It was a pretty sweet deal for only $100. Here's the link if you haven't heard of it: www.theflashbus.com

[snip]

There's a few more photos on my flickr if you wanna see them.

Funny story from the day -- Quick back story: I live in the north SF bay, so the event was about 90 minutes away. I was waiting in line in the bathroom (the audience was about 80% male, so there was a huge line) when somebody walks into the bathroom, walks passed the line and stops at me. He eyes me up and down (I think looking at my sweatshirt, which was my Sonoma State one) and says "are you the guy who shoots all the basketball at Sonoma State?"

"uhh.. yea."

"I see your work in the Strobist Flickr group all the time; keep up the good work!"

"Oh, thanks."

And then he leaves. Haha, rather quite random. Kinda cool that somebody knew my work well enough to follow me into the bathroom to say "good job!"

Overall it was a good show. It was cool finally meeting two of my favorite photographers that I've been following for years. I got them to sign a few things and I chatted w/ David about the future of his Strobist blog.

Interesting. I might go to one of the events nearby.

I have not heard about them before until now.

Great shots.