UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber 2

Dominick Cruz (No. 1 BW) vs. Urijah Faber (No. 3 BW) for the Bantamweight Championship.

Jason Miller vs. Aaron Simpson

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben

Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Rafael dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulos

Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader

Matt Wiman vs. Dennis Siver

Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller

Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani

Erik Koch vs. Cub Swanson

Other rummored fights for UFC 132:

Evan Dunham vs. George Sotiropoulos

Ryan Bader Vs. Tito Ortiz On For UFC 132

Standing as further proof of the power of Twitter, Tito Ortiz and Ryan Bader's online mini-feud has manifested itself in a fight scheduled for UFC 132.

MMAWeekly.com reports that both men have agreed to the match up, which will take place this Summer.

The two men had gone back and forth previously over Twitter, with Bader calling for a fight with the former UFC light heavyweight champion after his February loss to Jon "Bones" Jones. Today, the two engaged again over Twitter in regards to their impending fight.

"@ryanbader want some? You will get some. Let's go!!!!!," posted Ortiz, followed shortly after by a post from Bader retweeting his message and adding, "Yes sir, done."

Ortiz is currently 0-4-1 in his last five, with his most recent win coming against Ken Shamrock in 2006. Ortiz has cited a multitude of injuries for his recent flat performances. "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy's" defeats haven't come against slouches though, as his dropped bouts came courtesy of former champions in Chuck Liddell, Lyoto Machida, Forrest Griffin, and a well-respected contender in Matt Hamill; the draw came against another former champ in Rashad Evans. Ortiz was scheduled to take on Antonio Rogerio Nogueira this weekend at Ultimate Fight Night 24, but was force dout of the but after suffering a cut in training which required twenty two stitches.

Bader's last win actually came against "Little Nog," but his most recent performance resulted in a second round submission loss to newly-crowned 205lbs. champion Jon "Bones" Jones. Prior to that defeat, The Ultimater Fighter season 8 winner had maintained a perfect record through twelve professional bouts--five of which came inside the octagon, against the likes of Vinny Magalhaes, Carmelo Marrero, Eric Schafer, Keith Jardine and Nogueira.

UFC 132 is expected to take place at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada and will feature the rematch between welterweights BJ Penn and Jon Fitch.

Bader chose the perfect rebound fight against an opponent who still has some name value but can no longer fight at the level he used to. A gift wrapped win for him.

The UFC announced today that Urijah Faber will get his shot at the UFC bantamweight championship held by champion Dominick Cruz at UFC 132.

Faber and Cruz's fight will be a rematch of their featherweight match-up in 2007, which Faber won via first round submission.

UFC 132 is expected to take place on July 2, 2011 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event will also feature a welterweight rematch between BJ Penn and Jon Fitch, who fought to a draw last month at UFC 127.

I like Fitch, but until he actually finishes someone I don't think he should be given the title shot again. The guy is in incredible shape and has only lost one fight, but man his fights are boring as sh*t. For this camp B.J. should not spend 10 minutes working on his stand up. This camp should be spent working on his cardio and his jujitsu from the bottom.

It was recently announced that Jon Fitch will be unable to compete against BJ Penn this summer at UFC 132 as planned for having suffered an injury in training, causing many to speculate over whether Penn will remain on the card and, if so, who the UFC will find for his replacement.

Should Penn decide to keep his spot on the card despite the dissolving of his anticipated rematch with Fitch, fellow UFC welterweight fighter Carlos Condit recently revealed through his Twitter account that he would be willing -- in fact, honored -- to step in against "The Prodigy" in Fitch's stead.

"It would be an honor to fight a legend like BJ Penn, one of my favorite fighters ever. If the call comes, I would take the fight in a second," Condit wrote.

Condit is currently riding a three-fight winning streak, having taken out the likes of Jake Ellenberger, Rory MacDonald and Dan Hardy during his tenure in the UFC. In his most recent appearance, at UFC 120 this past October, Condit scored a surprising knockout win over durable British slugger Dan Hardy, greatly increasing his stock at 170lbs.

Penn last appeared in action against Fitch in what was to be a title eliminator bout for the welterweight division. Though many counted him out in favor of Fitch's size, strength and wrestling-centric style, Penn took the fight to Fitch early and put the former NCAA Division-1 wrestler on his back more than once. The two battled back and forth with Fitch stealing the momentum in the third and the second round being very close; the fight was eventually scored a draw, prompting the UFC to schedule the rematch.

UFC 132 is expected to take place on July 2 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Please let it be Condit. He will probably beat up BJ and pave his way into a title shot. Which he will lose terribly even if Jake Shields is champ due to hell freezing over.

• 1 month later...

Card has been announced. The Fitch fight was scrapped. Here it is: (somebody please change the thread title)

Dominick Cruz (No. 1 BW) vs. Urijah Faber (No. 3 BW) for the Bantamweight Championship.

Jason Miller vs. Aaron Simpson

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben

Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Rafael dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulos

Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader

Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani

Erik Koch vs. Cub Swanson

Pretty stacked card.

done and done :)

does look a good card! I liked Fabers debut!

At BW? He crushed in the first fight but he had some troubles against Eddie Wineland. I think Faber should have fought Joseph Benavidez but I understand why they couldn't book that fight. Joseph Benavidez already lost twice to Cruz and if he beat Faber (which he might) they couldn't really sell that on PPV as a trilogy since he's already 0-2.

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim is a very important fight here. If Condit wins, he may be the next in line for another WW title shot. If Diaz jumps ship either he will fight GSP straight up and Condit should go next.

• 1 month later...

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim is a very important fight here. If Condit wins, he may be the next in line for another WW title shot. If Diaz jumps ship either he will fight GSP straight up and Condit should go next.

Looks like I got this right. The promo is quite OK.

• 3 weeks later...

Following an upset submission victory over Ryan Bader at Saturday's UFC 132 event, Tito Ortiz quickly moved into his post-fight "gravedigger" routine to celebrate the win.

Admittedly, though, his five-year winless streak likely meant some newer fans had no idea what they were watching. For veteran fans, it was a trip down memory lane.

But saying he's now healthy and committed to fighting top competition, the 36-year-old would-be stepping stone said he simply turned the tables on the once high-flying Bader.

"Tonight, I made a stepping stone of Ryan Bader," said Ortiz, who competed on the pay-per-view main card at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. "And he said he was going to make a stepping stone of me. But he ain't stepping on this champion. Hell no."

The oddsmakers had tapped Ortiz (16-8-1 MMA, 15-8-1 UFC) vs. Bader (12-2 MMA, 5-2 UFC) the biggest mismatch on the 11-bout UFC 132 lineup. Ortiz, in fact, was given no more than a one-in-five chance of winning. But after stunning Bader with a short, powerful right hand to the chin, Ortiz pulled guard and cinched the fight-ending, arm-in guillotine choke just two minutes into the fight.

Despite 14 years in the UFC, a legendary title run and nearly 60 rounds of cage experience, winning had become a strange feeling.

"I had an out-of-body experience," Ortiz said. "It's like I was watching myself do it. Everything was in slow-mo. It was kind of like in the 'Matrix.' It was weird. For the first, everything was super, super slow."

In fact, he blamed his initial reluctance to unlock the choke on those strange feelings.

"I didn't want to let go because I wasn't sure what was going on because like I said, I had an out-of-body experience," he said. "I didn't know how to react. I was like, 'I'm not letting go until the referee rips me off.' I don't mean to hold on to a submission longer than I was supposed to, but I wasn't letting go. I wanted to win. I'm like an animal out there."

This event was AWESOME! Shame it won't do great PPV numbers but a really great event for fight fans. Comments in bold as usual:

Dominick Cruz vs. Urijah Faber - Cruz has cardio for miles and miles, the pacing he kept up during the fight was incredible. This was like seeing Faber fight Aldo all over again: he's slower than his opponent, whiffs a lot and can't take them down. He didn't get quite the same beating but the end result is the same. Dominick Cruz is starting to go the way of GSP: if we look at the BW rankings, he has pratically beaten everyone else in the Top 5 except Mighty Mouse. Demetrious will probably fight Brian Bowles before he gets his shot at Cruz (if he wins of course). Also he suffers from lack of finishing power: his style is quick and hard to counter but doesn't do much damage (if any damage at all). Faber was never wobbled and didn't even end up bruised. Nothing wrong with winning but seriously limits his exposure in the UFC as they cannot built a credible contender against him and his fights always go the distance without much of a bang. This fight makes the 4th consecutive title fight that Faber loses. He needs to step up his game in these fights. 3 round fights, he's an agressive beast. 5 rounds, he's tentative and doesn't push the pace, lacks sense of urgency even when down by 3 rounds. And now that he can't drop to 125 (yet) he has no choice but to gear himself up to fix those flaws. And get ready to fight some teammates as the BW division is pretty much stacked with TAM guys.

Brad Tavares vs. Aaron Simpson - Didn't watch.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Chris Leben - It was like Kongo vs Barry all over again. Wanderlei smells blood in the water, charges in and gets done in by some hooks and a vicious uppercut. Awesome albeit short fight. What's next for him? I don't know... Tim Boetsch? And Jorge Santiago for Wanderlei (if he doesn't end up retiring).

Brian Bowles vs. Takeya Mizugaki - Didn't watch.

Carlos Condit vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Carlos Condit reinforces his status as next in line after Nick Diaz to fight GSP. And yes, he'll fight GSP not Nick, stopping kidding yourselves. That knee that ended the fight was amazing. Dong-hyun Kim had nothing on him, just that big left hand that ended up doing nothing.

Rafael dos Anjos vs. George Sotiropoulos - From 7 fight win streak to 0-2 with a KO in less than a minute. Sotiropoulos lost a ton of pegs these last two fights. Will probably fight Petis next or Bendo. dos Anjos didn't show much in this fight but won in impressive fashion. Will probably fight Petis or Bendo next (depending on what Sotiropoulos gets).

Tito Ortiz vs. Ryan Bader - So from amazing prospect to top contender to the guy that lost a gift wrapped fight against Tito Ortiz, Bader is down on his luck. In a sense he's like Carwin, an undefeated string of impressive victories stopped by a bigger, badder fighter and then it's all downhill. You can argue that Tito is still dangerous but... really? He's 36, hadn't won a fight in years and is constantly plagued by injuries (like the one that would pop up today if he had lost the fight). Can you really consider him a threat to Jon Jones? I don't really see how the UFC can book him next... maybe Machida? Or some LHW prospect other than Phil Davis?

Matt Wiman vs. Dennis Siver - Siver showed up and did the same thing as in the Sotiropoulos fight: show up, defend the takedowns, kick kick kick. Wiman fought great and cracked Siver badly in the 2nd. As for the decision... it wasn't the worst I guess. I gave Siver the 1st and Wiman the 2nd (obviously). The 3rd was pretty close for either side so... Siver says he wants a title shot. Seeing as he couldn't finish Wiman and what Guillard did to Roller, it don't think it's very likely he'll be a top contender. Oh and the interview in the end was idiotic. Rogan doesn't want to talk to your trainer man.

Melvin Guillard vs. Shane Roller - Guillard is on a tear in the LW division. Shane Roller was KTFO like it was nothing. Melvin needs to move up in competition and looking at the latest fights in the LW division, since Guida beat Petis, either Melvin fights Miller for the next shot or Miller gets the next shot as is and Melvin fights Guida for the next after that.

Andre Winner vs. Anthony Njokuani - Good fight. Anthony Njokuani showed some great striking in the first and second round, I thought he was going to put Winner away with that flurry in the first. Winner showed great resilience but he's lost his last 3 fights so his future doesn't look too bright in the UFC.

Jeff Hougland vs. Donny Walker - Entertaining fight with some good submission attempts. Not much to say here, it's a prelim that ended up filling the end of the PPV.

Things i've learned from this event:

Tito thinks way too much of himself, as usual. He's not going anywhere in the division, before every one of his last fights he's said "i feel the best ever, all my injuries are taken care of" and after the losses he says "well i had this injury and that injury blah blah". He won one fight in a 5 year stretch, retire.

Melvin Guillard, is gonna be a problem in the lw division.

Siver vs Wiman, it was close, but yet again one judge gave it 30-27 for siver, W.. T.. F!

Condit, i've said it before, **** diaz, condit is the only person in that division that can even come close to beating gsp.

Faber vs Cruz.. i knew cruz would win, he's gonna be running that division for a while.

Things i've learned from this event:

Tito thinks way too much of himself, as usual. He's not going anywhere in the division, before every one of his last fights he's said "i feel the best ever, all my injuries are taken care of" and after the losses he says "well i had this injury and that injury blah blah". He won one fight in a 5 year stretch, retire.

Melvin Guillard, is gonna be a problem in the lw division.

Siver vs Wiman, it was close, but yet again one judge gave it 30-27 for siver, W.. T.. F!

Condit, i've said it before, **** diaz, condit is the only person in that division that can even come close to beating gsp.

Faber vs Cruz.. i knew cruz would win, he's gonna be running that division for a while.

Probably the same judge that gave the main event a 50-45 score.

yeah maybe tito should retire, but i love him! and cruz faber need to go for another fight. awesome 5 rounder. Condit for sure is a beat and definitely agree with the sentiments of bad judging once again in the siver wieman fight

Probably the same judge that gave the main event a 50-45 score.

YES.. i forgot about that, i just shook my head when they announced the judges scorecards. I don't understand how judges can be sooo different, as if they are watching a different fight.

yeah maybe tito should retire, but i love him! and cruz faber need to go for another fight. awesome 5 rounder. Condit for sure is a beat and definitely agree with the sentiments of bad judging once again in the siver wieman fight

I was a fan at one point, but i'm really tired of his attitude. When he was talking to rogan and even at the post fight conference, he was acting like he's "back" and in title contention after winning 1 fight after a massive losing streak. And as i stated before, i'm sure if he had lost he would have complained about his past injuries etc.. it's just tiring. Also, i would put him in the same category as Liddell, Wanderlei, Couture, Belfort... in the fact that they don't seem to evolve at all, the UFC is packed with fresh talent that are learning at a much faster pace then the older UFC fighters, and they become so predictable and refuse to change their style.

Silva looked fantastic coming into that fight with Leban, first 20 seconds had his hands up, was sharp and was faster than leban, but he got one good punch in and then just started swinging with both hands leaving his head exposed... I like leban, i'm a fan of someone like him and guillard that can pull themselves out of a huge slump (ufc and life) and get back on track and crush everyone, but i was more sad for silva than anything honestly. The guy never mentions a title, never looks for someone who can boost his career, he just looks for someone to make an exciting fight for the fans, and as a fan i LOVE watching him fight, but that was tough to watch for me. I don't want to see him go, i think he still has a few years left, but he desperately needs to change up a bit.

I was a fan at one point, but i'm really tired of his attitude. When he was talking to rogan and even at the post fight conference, he was acting like he's "back" and in title contention after winning 1 fight after a massive losing streak. And as i stated before, i'm sure if he had lost he would have complained about his past injuries etc.. it's just tiring. Also, i would put him in the same category as Liddell, Wanderlei, Couture, Belfort... in the fact that they don't seem to evolve at all, the UFC is packed with fresh talent that are learning at a much faster pace then the older UFC fighters, and they become so predictable and refuse to change their style.

Silva looked fantastic coming into that fight with Leban, first 20 seconds had his hands up, was sharp and was faster than leban, but he got one good punch in and then just started swinging with both hands leaving his head exposed... I like leban, i'm a fan of someone like him and guillard that can pull themselves out of a huge slump (ufc and life) and get back on track and crush everyone, but i was more sad for silva than anything honestly. The guy never mentions a title, never looks for someone who can boost his career, he just looks for someone to make an exciting fight for the fans, and as a fan i LOVE watching him fight, but that was tough to watch for me. I don't want to see him go, i think he still has a few years left, but he desperately needs to change up a bit.

i agree with the silva comments. I love the axe murderer, poor guy just suffered some bad luck. I hope to see him fight again soon.

with tito though, he's always been like, ALWAYS. and i am glad he hasn't changed cause that's who he is. he's cocky in the ring, but he's awesome and humble outside of it, which i have absolutely no problem with. For example in the ultimate fighter, he was an awesome coach/person throughout the entire thing. and when people are asked about Tito, they all say nothing but positive things about him as a person (unless you're chuckie... chuckie hates him)

YES.. i forgot about that, i just shook my head when they announced the judges scorecards. I don't understand how judges can be sooo different, as if they are watching a different fight.

Most judges are still either from boxing or Karate/Judo/etc, and don't really know what to look for in an MMA event, there's been much talk of the judging and that's why, then on top of that some States insist on using their own judges, some allow others to come in, but unfortunately there's no consistency. Not sure how to fix that other than through training since unlike the refs they can't create a pool of judges or set standards for judging.

It's the one thing left to make MMA THE only fighting sport worth really watching