UFC 132 - Cruz vs. Faber 2

i agree with the silva comments. I love the axe murderer, poor guy just suffered some bad luck. I hope to see him fight again soon.

with tito though, he's always been like, ALWAYS. and i am glad he hasn't changed cause that's who he is. he's cocky in the ring, but he's awesome and humble outside of it, which i have absolutely no problem with. For example in the ultimate fighter, he was an awesome coach/person throughout the entire thing. and when people are asked about Tito, they all say nothing but positive things about him as a person (unless you're chuckie... chuckie hates him)

UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP UP!

The extent of Tito's training on TUF :rofl:

The thing with Tito is somewhat like when Luiz Cane won his fight at UFC 128 and said he wanted to be champion. Really? Didn't you see what Jones just did to a much superior fighter than yourself? Tito either isn't aware or fakes not being aware of his limitations. He's 36, his chin is probably not that great anymore and he lost to a guy like Hamill. But seing how the LHW division is starving for relevant fights (to the point that Rampage gets a title shot), Tito will be around for at least 2 more fights (or 1 if he loses badly). Against whom? Perhaps Machida? Or the winner of Rich Franklin - Little Nog?

Tito thinks way too much of himself, as usual. He's not going anywhere in the division, before every one of his last fights he's said "i feel the best ever, all my injuries are taken care of" and after the losses he says "well i had this injury and that injury blah blah". He won one fight in a 5 year stretch, retire.

If he would have lost I would have said the same thing. But let's review his past fights:

Rashad Evans: Draw due to holding the fence in the same instance he was taken to the ground, literally changing nothing about the fight except giving Rashad extra time to survive a guillotine choke. Tito won that fight and people need to stop and think about that for a second. The same man who defeated Chuck Liddell and Quinton Jackson, was beat by Tito Ortiz

Lyoto Machida: One of the best strikers in the division took Ortiz through a striking clinic for 3 straight rounds, but in the 3rd round Tito managed to wrap a triangle around the dragon making a silly mistake in trying to transition to an armbar. He lost this fight but don't forget that he was one simple mistake from a total upset and derailing the future champ.

Forrest Griffin: This guy is no slouch and that is especially the case against anyone who doesn't have knock out power. He has been champion defeating Quinton Jackson, and Shogun Rua. Tito lost a close decision, very competitive yet boring fight

Matt Hammil: He lost this fight as well, winning round one, losing round two to a take down with very little action and then losing the third round flat out. The point being that he didn't exactly get worked in this fight.

Ryan Bader: An up and comer with power and excellent wrestling. Essentially an improved version of Hammil. Tito landed an uppercut in the first few minutes and then ended the fight with a guillotine. The fight was less competitive than Bader's fight with Jon Jones.

Say what you will about Tito making excuses but he belongs in the UFC for at least one more fight.

If he would have lost I would have said the same thing. But let's review his past fights:

Rashad Evans: Draw due to holding the fence in the same instance he was taken to the ground, literally changing nothing about the fight except giving Rashad extra time to survive a guillotine choke. Tito won that fight and people need to stop and think about that for a second. The same man who defeated Chuck Liddell and Quinton Jackson, was beat by Tito Ortiz

Lyoto Machida: One of the best strikers in the division took Ortiz through a striking clinic for 3 straight rounds, but in the 3rd round Tito managed to wrap a triangle around the dragon making a silly mistake in trying to transition to an armbar. He lost this fight but don't forget that he was one simple mistake from a total upset and derailing the future champ.

Forrest Griffin: This guy is no slouch and that is especially the case against anyone who doesn't have knock out power. He has been champion defeating Quinton Jackson, and Shogun Rua. Tito lost a close decision, very competitive yet boring fight

Matt Hammil: He lost this fight as well, winning round one, losing round two to a take down with very little action and then losing the third round flat out. The point being that he didn't exactly get worked in this fight.

Ryan Bader: An up and comer with power and excellent wrestling. Essentially an improved version of Hammil. Tito landed an uppercut in the first few minutes and then ended the fight with a guillotine. The fight was less competitive than Bader's fight with Jon Jones.

Say what you will about Tito making excuses but he belongs in the UFC for at least one more fight.

How can you say that and not be joking? Beating Ryan Bader doesn't put you in the top 5 let alone top 10 imo. Bader is talented, but made a huge mistake by not taking tito down and exposing his wrestling weakness like others have. That fight was a bad decision by bader rather then good ones by tito. He complains, he thinks he's much better than he actually is, he actually thinks he can win the title, and if you believe any of those ridiculous statements then you are as delusional as he is.

Let me put it to you this way. Tito got paid $450,000 for that fight, Cruz got $40,000! If they were in the same division, Cruz would beat the snot out of Tito as would Leban, Condit, Guillard, and Siver. At that pay rate, tito doesn't belong in any organization let alone the UFC and i bet they would agree with that assessment as well.

This is an elaborate troll right? Specially on the Rashad fight,that is akin to the UFC marketing Hamill as the only man who has beaten Jon Jones. Oh yes, Tito beat all of those guys and was better than all of them... if you don't count the fact that he lost. And Chael beat Silva despite getting caught in that annoying triangle thingy because he made a mistake in not knowing out to defend a triangle his whole career, just a minute away from upsetting the eternal p4p champion. And Carwin beat Brock Lesnar, despite tapping out in the 2nd round because "he looked good".

How can you say that and not be joking? Beating Ryan Bader doesn't put you in the top 5 let alone top 10 imo. Bader is talented, but made a huge mistake by not taking tito down and exposing his wrestling weakness like others have. That fight was a bad decision by bader rather then good ones by tito. He complains, he thinks he's much better than he actually is, he actually thinks he can win the title, and if you believe any of those ridiculous statements then you are as delusional as he is.

Let me put it to you this way. Tito got paid $450,000 for that fight, Cruz got $40,000! If they were in the same division, Cruz would beat the snot out of Tito as would Leban, Condit, Guillard, and Siver. At that pay rate, tito doesn't belong in any organization let alone the UFC and i bet they would agree with that assessment as well.

Agreed. This fight was more about Bader fighting badly than Tito being a LHW beast again. And the disclosed payouts made me sick. I know that the UFC takes care of the guys but still 450K for Tito just to show up and fight? This was supposed to be like the Penn vs Hughes fight that Penn ended in seconds, but for Bader. Didn't turn out that way so the UFC is going have to run with it.

This is an elaborate troll right? Specially on the Rashad fight,that is akin to the UFC marketing Hamill as the only man who has beaten Jon Jones. Oh yes, Tito beat all of those guys and was better than all of them... if you don't count the fact that he lost. And Chael beat Silva despite getting caught in that annoying triangle thingy because he made a mistake in not knowing out to defend a triangle his whole career, just a minute away from upsetting the eternal p4p champion. And Carwin beat Brock Lesnar, despite tapping out in the 2nd round because "he looked good".

EXACTLY!! Thanks bun-bun, for saying exactly what i wanted to say but better )

Nubs has to be either a troll or a huge tito nuthugger. To say that ANY of tito's losses were some how very close decisions is crazy.. none of them were even close to be controversial.

@bun-bun the ufc marketing has been a bit ridiculous lately with stuff like the hamill thing, so much that i'm 95% positive in the countdown show, rogan had said " a win for tito puts him right back in the mix". That is incredibly laughable, they failed to mention he hasn't ****ing won since 2006..lol

He's not too far off. The LHW pool of guys that are winning is so shallow that they're having Rampage fight for the title :rofl: UFC 133 is a travesti and should never happen. But this is a discussion for another thread.

EXACTLY!! Thanks bun-bun, for saying exactly what i wanted to say but better )

Nubs has to be either a troll or a huge tito nuthugger. To say that ANY of tito's losses were some how very close decisions is crazy.. none of them were even close to be controversial.

@bun-bun the ufc marketing has been a bit ridiculous lately with stuff like the hamill thing, so much that i'm 95% positive in the countdown show, rogan had said " a win for tito puts him right back in the mix". That is incredibly laughable, they failed to mention he hasn't ****ing won since 2006..lol

Who said anything about controversial? The one fight I said was close was against Forrest, and quite honestly not a whole lot went on in that fight. I didn't say it was close because they were both going back and forth. I dunno maybe you should work on your reading comprehension because it seems you are making **** up in your head rather than actually understanding what is being said. Good Job! :blink: