Mac OS X 10.6.7

Delta Update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1363

Combo Update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361

What's included?

This update is recommended for all versions of Mac OS X v10.6 through 10.6.6 Snow Leopard, and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac; including fixes that:

- Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac.

- Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers.

- Address various minor Mac App Store issues.

Additional improvements

- Includes all the improvements in the previous Mac OS X v10.6.1, 10.6.2, 10.6.3, 10.6.4, 10.6.5, and 10.6.6 updates.

- Includes Safari 5.0.4.

- Includes RAW image compatibility for additional digital cameras.

- For information about the security content of this update, please visit article HT1222.

- Resolves a window resizing issue with X-Plane 9 on Macs with ATI graphics

- Addresses an issue with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computers that could cause a kernel panic.

- Address issues in the AirPort driver for certain devices.

- Improves brightness on external displays and projectors.

- Addresses an issue where DVD Player may display black video on some Macs using the 64-bit kernel.

- Addresses an issue with some NEC displays in which the screen may appear black when connected to a Mac Pro (Mid 2010).

- Resolves an issue in which some Multiple Master (MM) fonts were missing from Mac Pro (Mid 2010), MacBook Pro (15-inch & 17-inch Mid 2010), and iMac (Mid 2010) computers.

- Addresses various issues with MacBook Air (Mid 2010) computer performance.

- Resolves an issue in which clicking the Updates tab in the Mac App Store could cause the Mac App Store to become unresponsive.

- Fixes a problem opening an afp:// URL that points to a file, and changes the AFP mount path to conform to previous Mac OS X releases. For details, see article HT4538.

- Includes the ability to repair certain issues that may prevent hardware RAID volumes from mounting. For more information, see article TS3631.

- Fixes a rare issue in Mac OS X v10.6.5 that could cause user accounts to disappear from the Login window and System Preferences after putting the system to sleep.

- Improves the reliability of dragging files or folders to the Trash when using an NFS home directory.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4472

For 2011 Macbook Pros:

The Mac OS X 10.6.7 Update for MacBook Pro is recommended for all early 2011 MacBook Pro models. It includes general operating system fixes for Mac OS X Snow Leopard that enhance the stability, compatibility, performance, and security of your Mac, including fixes that:

- Improve the reliability of Back to My Mac

- Resolve an issue when transferring files to certain SMB servers

- Address various minor Mac App Store bugs

- Address minor FaceTime performance issues

- Improve graphics stability and external display compatibility

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4472

For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Has anyone been able to use "Back to My Mac" from a remote Windows machine?

I wish there was a link to it within the MobileMe web interface somewhere... Do I need to open ports on my router or something for it to work? I suppose it is just VNC or something... but doesn't it do some dynamic DNS stuff too?

Maybe this will fix my (null) account issue with the MacApp Store...

Having the same issue when updating Courier through the store... also, the toolbar buttons are English now - they used to be German :-/

Let's see what the update brings - tomorrow :)

Having the same issue when updating Courier through the store... also, the toolbar buttons are English now - they used to be German :-/

Yeah they screwed up localization in the App Store. :/ Even when setting the entire OS to Dutch the toolbar buttons remain English, but the Menu Bar does change to Dutch.

Let's see what the update brings - tomorrow :)

I can for one confirm that I no longer that that null error and my app just updated successfully.

Nice.

Why haven't they fixed bootcamp performance!? :angry:

Boot Camp is nothing more than an application to partition your drive and a collection of Windows drivers. Windows runs natively on your Mac like it would on any regular PC. What exactly do you want to see fixed?

What issue with bootcamp performance?

Ummm for many people it causes the OSX partition to be slower? As soon as I got rid of the windows partition, OSX got speedy again. :pinch:

Ummm for many people it causes the OSX partition to be slower? As soon as I got rid of the windows partition, OSX got speedy again. :pinch:

you can thank spotlight for that issue, it just keeps trying to index your windows partition for nearly no reason at all and results in bringing disk performance down, though you can tell it to leave the windows disk alone in the spotlight preference plane in system preferences. Once i did that my disk sped up again :D

Just give us the Lion, already ^^

Yeah, I?m eager to see another preview of this one, let alone the final build !

10.6.6 brought us the App Store (it could have been an App Store update instead of 10.6.6), and 10.6.7 fixed a few bugs but it?s one of the smallest x.x.x release I?ve seen in OS X.

It seems Snow Leopard doesn?t get much attention because either it?s in the shadow of Lion?s development, or it?s nearly perfect...

As far as I know people gave you multiple solutions for that.

Is there anything of note in Safari 5.0.4?

We've been using Safari 5.0.4 for a while now, it isn't new.

As always, release notes can be found on Apple's support site.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1070

you can thank spotlight for that issue, it just keeps trying to index your windows partition for nearly no reason at all and results in bringing disk performance down, though you can tell it to leave the windows disk alone in the spotlight preference plane in system preferences. Once i did that my disk sped up again :D

Well that explains what was happening on my Macbook. Oh well, the Windows partition is gone now ^_^

Is there any way to roll back to 10.6.6? Dynamic Switching no longer turns off the 6750M in my MBP it will switch to Integrated/Discreet but the GPU wont actually power off like it did before causing me to go from 7hrs to 4.5hrs battery life just doing light loads :angry: I wasnt even having the "freezing" problem on heavy loads. People should learn to not use the damn machines on pillows or carpets etc they are damn desktop replacement machines.

Tell me how to do this please?

Tell me how to do this please?

He just told you and so have others before:

System Preferences > Spotlight > Privacy tab > Drag your Windows partition to the privacy list.

screenshot20110322at173.png