What do you think of my site?

Question

Hey,

I just put this up but figured I'd see if there were any pointers from anyone here who thinks I should do anything specific to make it easier, neater, better ...

I mean ... I love it ... I really do. It's simple, easy to navigate (one page) and a small selection of my work is very very easy to view. But I'm not closed minded, and I know that sometimes other viewpoints may just make it even better. So any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

www.pintsizedesign.com

PS: I'm no fancy coder. I just know how to lay sites out in CSS ... I'm an artist first and foremost, so I'm not after some fancy tech stuff. Although, if there's any hints as to how I can make it more searchable, that's cool too :)

Great site. Here are my two cents, though:

- You could do away with the down pointing arrow in your work's navigation. Perhaps you could try changing the dot color to highlight the active work or something similar. I didn't like the arrow because for me, its pointless to have it if it doesn't point to anything in particular.

- The brand logos. They are too big. Perhaps you can try to make them tiny and clickable.

Suggestion: You can use the bottom space if you make the logos smaller to place a contact form or links to your social networks.

Overall, I really like the design and your work. Good luck!

Great site. Here are my two cents, though:

- You could do away with the down pointing arrow in your work's navigation. Perhaps you could try changing the dot color to highlight the active work or something similar. I didn't like the arrow because for me, its pointless to have it if it doesn't point to anything in particular.

- The brand logos. They are too big. Perhaps you can try to make them tiny and clickable.

Suggestion: You can use the bottom space if you make the logos smaller to place a contact form or links to your social networks.

Overall, I really like the design and your work. Good luck!

Thanks for your comments ... I did the arrow to just point that it's the current one being highlighted ... I would worry about throwing one random colour in, but could try :)

Logos wise ... actually, the reason they're that large is because I tried them smaller, but because they're strong brands, they seemed a little weak being that small ... they're below the main content, so they don't get in the way. So yeah, I did try them smaller, but it didn't 'feel' right to me. That said, linking could be a good idea! :)

I don't want links to my social networks because currently I don't have any set up :D Except LinkedIn ... I could do them soon though as I am in the process of setting up a facebook page etc. I am not doing too many as I don't feel like twitter etc can help me too much. I know too many businesses who use Twitter and no one really cares. It seems more for celebs! lol.

Good thoughts tho ... thanks for your input, I appreciate every word :)

EDIT: I did remove the arrow and put a little red dot in there and I think it works a lot better! Thanks :D

Man!

Simple and sweet! Or, is that supposed to be simple IS sweet!!

Excellent job. I love simplicity and your site is pretty simple, yet functional. Please keep it that way as you get around to adding more pages.

Man!

Simple and sweet! Or, is that supposed to be simple IS sweet!!

Excellent job. I love simplicity and your site is pretty simple, yet functional. Please keep it that way as you get around to adding more pages.

I don't expect I'll be adding any pages to be honest. Nice and simple, straight to the point ... works for me! :) Thanks a lot !! :)

Thanks ! :) I've woken up today looking at it again and feeling happy with it :) The small changes I've made due to people's suggestions have made it better and I appreciate the help :)

My friend directed me to www.typekit.com and 10 mins later I have custom fonts on my page! WHOOP! Looks cool :D Will be buying the pro licence very soon too :)

Really nice site.

My one and only suggestion, and it is not necessary whatsoever I just believe it could help enhance things, would be to make the text "Check out some of my work below." a slightly different color, like a very light gray, blue, or even the yellow from the pencil or the orange from the pencil cup.

I believe visually it will draw more attention to that text, and that line is the entire purpose of the site itself.

That is literally all I have. Impressive work indeed. (Y)

I really like that site! I didn't know you had such a large hand in games such as Fifa Street 2. That is pretty awesome man, so congratulations, and nice job with the site!

Screw you!

You?re way better than me at making website designs. It rocks...

Haha ... awwww :( LOL ... Thanks so much :) I appreciate it :) But I can't say til I see a site like this by you! I'm far and away from great tho ... lot of work to do to be awesome.

I really like that site! I didn't know you had such a large hand in games such as Fifa Street 2. That is pretty awesome man, so congratulations, and nice job with the site!

Thanks :) Yeah, just the Nintendo DS version ... but hey! :) (Made in Oxford UK btw)

Thanks :) Yeah, just the Nintendo DS version ... but hey! :) (Made in Oxford UK btw)

Considering I played it and also the version of Need for Speed: Carbon you worked with as well - I'd say that's pretty amazing. Quite the small world isn't it? Awesome job with your site though. If I ever learn to code I'd love to be able to build a site like that. I'm jealous. :p

Considering I played it and also the version of Need for Speed: Carbon you worked with as well - I'd say that's pretty amazing. Quite the small world isn't it? Awesome job with your site though. If I ever learn to code I'd love to be able to build a site like that. I'm jealous. :p

Dude, I'm just an artist and coding that side was VERY easy for me ... I took hits for alt tags etc here but other than that ... very easy and I learned that in less than a day. CSS for simple sites is just terribly simple that anyone could learn it. Get on it :) It's not coding ... it's just scripting stuff. Nothing fancy.

The jquery 'coda slider' was something I got from a tutorial page and just looked at it, saw the logic, and put one in.

In regards to the games ... yeah, I must admit, I'm very lucky to have worked on those products. I've worked on a TON more but can't list them all or it'd get cluttered. 11 years in the videogames industry will give you a massive portfolio. I'm not the best, but I can do pretty much anything to an 'ok' standard! haha. I get lots of repeat work. Obviously I've worked employment at a couple of studios, but in the last few years have been freelance. Gives you more interesting projects. When I worked for EA I would be on a project for months and months (and at another studio I was on a project for over 18 months), whereas freelancing, you can often get through multiple jobs in the same time span.

Nice looking site ^^ But the main content font may be less than ideal. You can read it, but uh, it doesn't look that great (on Opera & Chrome)

765624599.PNG

Oh ... that sucks. I use Chrome on Mac OS and it looks beautiful. Damn. Ok, thanks! I'll change that! :) I need to get my Windows machine back up and running to test these things! LOL!

Exellent site but I would change the default example from 'My Twisted Girl' to something else that doesnt have naked lady ( albeit pixels :) or another screenshot from the app

Looks good on my end. (Y) And I like the Orange text, puts an emphasis on that text without being overpowering. Truly great work and nice site.

Exellent site but I would change the default example from 'My Twisted Girl' to something else that doesnt have naked lady ( albeit pixels :) or another screenshot from the app

Damn I forgot about that! Sorted!!! :D haha thanks!

Looks good on my end. (Y) And I like the Orange text, puts an emphasis on that text without being overpowering. Truly great work and nice site.

Thanks :) I figured it was a strong colour without pushing too hard :)

Could someone screenshot it for me in various Windows browsers? Looks perfect on Chrome and Firefox 4 on my Mac!

Thank you in advance if you can do that ... I would appreciate the help :)

Haha ... awwww :( LOL ... Thanks so much :) I appreciate it :) But I can't say til I see a site like this by you! I'm far and away from great tho ... lot of work to do to be awesome.

I?m working on a project since January, put it on hold until I complete this semester at university and will Launch it as soon as I can, probably in May or June.

But even though I used the latest technology (CSS3, PHP5, AJAX, etc.) it sounds nowhere as good as your site :(

It?s a shame, because I was a good designer in the early 2000?s back with Photoshop 6 and all those cool tutorials on the web :p

Could someone screenshot it for me in various Windows browsers? Looks perfect on Chrome and Firefox 4 on my Mac!

Thank you in advance if you can do that ... I would appreciate the help :)

Looks like 17 other people tried this before me but...might want to look at this site, it will show you how your site looks w/o having to use the machine or software you would like to see it on.

http://www.browsershots.org

I?m working on a project since January, put it on hold until I complete this semester at university and will Launch it as soon as I can, probably in May or June.

But even though I used the latest technology (CSS3, PHP5, AJAX, etc.) it sounds nowhere as good as your site :(

It?s a shame, because I was a good designer in the early 2000?s back with Photoshop 6 and all those cool tutorials on the web :p

Well, I don't really know what CSS3, PHP5 etc are :D LOL! I just code stuff how I know. I do read up on 'new' stuff but never check if it's CSS3 or not. lol. This is why I can never be a full web programmer. :D

Looks like 17 other people tried this before me but...might want to look at this site, it will show you how your site looks w/o having to use the machine or software you would like to see it on.

http://www.browsershots.org

Yeah I did try that thanks :) But it was over 30 mins til the shots were going to show, and I accidentally closed the browser because ... well, not accidentally ... I had been downloading my free copy of Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition on the Mac and it completed and I closed the browser without thinking about it! LOL! (My copy is free coz I had a coupon thing)