What Do You Think To Urban Explorers?

What do photographers think to Urban Explorers?

Do they give photographers a bad name? Do you explore run down buildings yourself?

I don't have a problem with them so long as the building/area really is unused, is of actual interest, nothing is disturbed and no vandalism is created to gain entry.

Obviously safety is a big aspect too, they can't put anyone at risk.

Thanks

I think its pretty cool and am tempted at times to do some myself.

I love it and would LOVE to do some urbex, my brother gave me a cool book for Christmas called Beauty In Decay :)

Just looked the book up on amazon and might have to pick it up.

I've done it once and wish I could do it more. The area I used to live didn't really have any abandoned buildings.

The area I live now has tons, but I have no free time. Go figure :(

I'd love to do more of it but I'm somewhat afraid of going alone into an abandoned buildings (cuz' there might be violent junkies or something like that and I don't fancy getting mugged).

For whoever saw my recent post in the gallery, I just did this for the first time last weekend and can not wait to do it again.

Great potential.

They suck, and they are idiots...

Just kidding, some of the best photos I've seen are from Urban Explorers.

I also take some "Urbex" shots and love them all (even though I'm not that good).

I just love the "story" behind the photos., specially when the photos are from abandoned hospitals or "ex-busy" factories.

I'd love to do more of it but I'm somewhat afraid of going alone into an abandoned buildings (cuz' there might be violent junkies or something like that and I don't fancy getting mugged).

+1 I'd love to go into some places i've seen, but the odds of getting mugged are 1000% so that's a big no... Plus any building here is probably already been ripped apart by junkies/thieves to get anything interesting besides walls :/

On a random note, My dream would be to take a couple of shots in Chernobyl, just imagining the desolation for miles miles !

Yea.

I didn't know you could get within 400m of the reactor. That's crazy!

Yeah they opened the whole thing to tourism recently, which is kinda sad :( It would be more fun if it was undisturbed and random epople could sneak in tehre. :p

Yeah they opened the whole thing to tourism recently, which is kinda sad :( It would be more fun if it was undisturbed and random epople could sneak in tehre. :p

Yeah, though looting has been reported in the area for a long time now, so I guess Tourism might bring in a little extra security.

I love it and would LOVE to do some urbex, my brother gave me a cool book for Christmas called Beauty In Decay :)

you forgot the subtitle. "a story of modern detroit"