Lincoln Lawyer

This movie was fantastic. Matthew McConaughey is something of a hit and miss actor for me. Sometimes he comes in with a really strong performance while other times it's like he calls his performance in. Luckily this was one of those times where it was the former rather than the latter. He had a great supporting cast including the likes of Marisa Tomei and Ryan Phillippe. We even get nuanced performances by John Lequizamo and William H. Macy. The story is strong with only a few items that left questions in my mind. I highly suggest this movie for those of you who like smart stories about an anti-hero who exists where we all do... in a morally grey world.

If you liked it - you should definitely read the book. It's vastly superior, in every way.

That's what my dad told me. I'm going to pick it up this weekend. But he told me the character in the movie is less of a main character in the books.

If you liked it - you should definitely read the book. It's vastly superior, in every way.

isn't that always the way

That's what my dad told me. I'm going to pick it up this weekend. But he told me the character in the movie is less of a main character in the books.

Your Dads got good taste in books :)

The film sticks pretty close to the story in the book, but it misses out on the character development. They haven't skipped anything that'd prevent them from doing more films [there are three books in the Mickey Haller 'series' with a fourth coming out next month, I believe] but it's kinda like the bare bones of the story. The film kinda reminded me of an above average John Grisham adaptation, where as the book is far superior [and I like Grisham.]

If you end up liking the book, you should definitely check out Connellys 'main series' - his Harry Bosch books.

• 1 month later...

Utterly fantastic movie. So pleasantly surprised how truly good it was. Pretty much a perfect movie in every way.

Did not realize it was based on a book either, may have to check it out, although now I know more or less how it all goes down.

Truly a superb movie though.

5/5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I usually hate anything Matthew McConaughey is in, but this was awesome.

Why? His films that I've seen* are quite good.

*Two For the Money, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

Why? His films that I've seen* are quite good.

*Two For the Money, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past.

A Time To Kill, Frailty & Contact are quality films. The rest are crap or so-so.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree. It was one of those movies that he was surprisingly good in. A lot of his movies are very "eh"...

But I would recommend it.

Really enjoyed this movie. It took a lot for me to not go see in the cinema laugh.gif

I loved William H. Macy's character, he had some pretty good tongue-in-cheek moments, but I was pretty smitten with McConaughey's performance. The dude can act, not sure why he resorts to petty rom-coms. And it's always good to see Marisa Tomei - I swear she never loses hotness! Great movie.