The next digital photography evolution?

Auroka

Check the website - turns out it was just an April Fool prank.

Oh well... :/

crazzy88ss

Some old glass is still more than capable of delivering high resolution images even on the latest high-resolution digital bodies. What was quality glass back then is still mostly considered quality glass now. In the Sony world a lot of the older Minolta glass which is still available is considered to be very good and can match the resolution of other competing lenses boh for the Sony system as well as that available for other systems. Though it is true that some old glass shows its deficiencies in digital, it is glass that was not considered good / top-grade even back when it hit the market.

Older glass does seem to be more prone to flaring but that is due to the improvements in modern coatings and is not an issue in most cases.

Yea, I know. But my point is that people who still have that stuff lying around probably do so cuz they like using film.

And as it turns out, it was fake anyway.

Did anybody see the Invisible Camera?

Auroka

Yea, I know. But my point is that people who still have that stuff lying around probably do so cuz they like using film.

And as it turns out, it was fake anyway.

Did anybody see the Invisible Camera?

Pics or it didn't happen! :p

Shadow_Thief

This is genius. I would love to see some sample photos.

crazzy88ss

This is genius. I would love to see some sample photos.

Not sure if you've read through the thread yet or if you're going along with the gag, but both the "digital film" and "invisible camera" are April Fool's jokes.

Draconian Guppy

Man you had to ruin it for future victims huh crazzy? :p Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :shifty:

crazzy88ss

just future victims that didn't bother reading through the posts :p

HankBukowski

Honestly I still think this would be a good idea, if done right. At least it's better than the idiotic experiments ricoh has been proposing.