Longhorn being sold in my town

Im not going to tell you where i live for the safety of the asian bloke :laugh:

Looked Chinese/Korean and was wearing tatty clothes... :whistle: Looks like he was trying to fund himself a little bit of cash...

The main thing he was selling was longhorn for ?2 a peice. He was also selling xp sp1 for the same price...

i was tempted to buy longhorn but i figured its not really good in its current stages so i turned it down. :pinch:: I did see a coupla people buy the cd's though, they knew they were fake, the covers in the jewel cases where photocopied. Lets just hope the police dont catch him, and his cd burner doesent go into over time and get frazzled.

hehe :rofl::

i've seen quite a lot of bootleggers about in town now, dvd-rs with a few films on for quite cheap

all chinese/korean, can't complain hes doing a good service to people who don't own broadband

I say report him to Microsoft, fraud division.

That leads me to todays story with regard to Amazon, I was trying to find a good upgrade purchase of Office XP and saw one for $50.00 and the next highest was $100.00. I emailed the guy who was selling it for $100.00. He informed me that it was a cd-r copy. I was like WTF? I was totally mad that he was trying to sell off a copy. I was tempted to inform Amazon and Microsoft.

I sent an email for the person selling it for $50.00, I asked him specifically if it was a legal version. The person never answered my email, another fradulent seller!

We have car boot sales over here in the UK (imagine a yard sale, but everyone loads their stuff into a car and heads to a big field.. then people all just mill around and buy the stuff) - hadn't been to one in a long time, but went to one a few weekends ago.

Incredible how many lame ass "oh, we are so cool" type people there were selling VCD's and DVD's of all the latest pirated films there were.. what I couldn't understand is that it was all laid out on some huge tables and no police or anything - and the police know that this kind of thing goes on all the time. All they'd have to do is walk up in plain clothes and slap handcuffs on the guy selling it. Job done.

It just seems so wrong to me.. I do pirate some software but I only use it for myself - I have never tried to sell pirate software or anything like that.. to see these scumbags who have worked out how to use Kazaa, and are trying to sell this stuff off just drives me right up the wall.

Here in mexico there are many places that sell pirated cds. In mexico city (i do not live there) there is a place called "the plaza of computers" It's like a mall but the only things that are being sold there are pc hardware, big place, they sell from Hp, Mac, but mostly "generic" pcs, In the outside there are people that have a very well organizated procedure...: they have catalogues wich have very long list with photos and everything of almost any software or mp3 discography, when you pick one title they speak in a mottorola two way radio, and in less than five minutes another guy in a bike give the cd(s) to the dealer and then you pay, the rate is 50 pesos per cd (like $5 USD).. they have a huuuge library of titles, and dvds,

The goberment have always tried to end this , but you know, they can't because the Populist meseaures of the city goberment (left oriented)

Hmm.. yah, in the US it's pretty much the same at the local computer fairs... burned copies of Office XP/Windows XP/Windows 2003 server for about 15 bucks... they have serial keys for them too.

yeah supposedly in mayasia there is this big stor wit several floors each devoted to a differnt aspect of computing like one floor i processors and mobos the next is keyboard mics plugin stuff etc. the next it video card and stuff and at the top floor is software all pirated of corse but the great thing about all this software is that it and the original are identical the cds the manuals, the box etc. EVERYthing is copyed exactly. and on the tvs in this buildiong (what the guy was telling me from his trip) they got tvs in there brtoadcasting the news and such and on the tvs they got this line of text scrolling across that says andone who copies anything off the television will be serverly punished to the maximum extent of the law

so here is the funny part: the government could care more about the tv than software piracy.

Heh, it's about everywhere now, doesn't surprise me. We have a mall, around 30 minutes away from where I live, it's first 2 floors are filled with pirated goods, and on the third floor lies the Department of Intellectual Property. Go figure.

Well u can buy almost every movie, cd ort program down here, and is not that secret...It in the streets...pretty open stuff.If the police take one guy, the next day there a 3 new ones, lik gremlings.. :crazy:

Theres a guy over at the local mall selling CD's of almost everything. Hes got mostly software, but no movies. Has XP 8-in-1 for $13, I havent bought anything from him though. I already have it :-/.

My brother works for EA in Vancouver, every-now and then he is told to go and help the RCMP at the mall, he will walk in and and buy a couple of latest release games with some money the cops gave him, the the cops will go in 10 minutes later and bust them all.

I only ever download pay software when i have lost a payed cd with it on... i suppose with xp, you are only paying for the lisence key, because you dont really own xp...

I downloaded xp pro once and used the serial key from the sticker on the back of the jewel case... do u think that is legal?

I only ever download pay software when i have lost a payed cd with it on... i suppose with xp, you are only paying for the lisence key, because you dont really own xp...

I downloaded xp pro once and used the serial key from the sticker on the back of the jewel case... do u think that is legal?

Legal...if ur using a legal serial key.......