XML Page Cannot Be Displayed

Uhm:

- IE doesn't support XHTML at all, so it shouldn't perform any translation. Also putting the XML header and unconform XML in a .html file doesnt seem to bug IE either. At least it doesn't care here.

- Most HTML isn't even remotely XML compliant, yet IE doesn't throw any XSL errors, thus there's no translation of anything.

yup ok, well hmmm... but it keeps happening... when i click one of the newest forum post that thing will come up occasionally and i cant get rid of it unless i actually go to another site and then come back, and also when i tried clicking the same link it did it again... so either my IE (latest version with ALL patches) is dodgy.. or something

No, it does an internal translation after some validation and fix-up to compliance. Oh, and IE even supports up to XHTML 2.0 because of XSL :p

From where do you have these infos from? Or rather, how do you know they're true?

I've written intentionally wrong XHTML, and even set up file extensions with text/xhtml MIME type to get IE drop errors on the wrong XHTML, and it doesn't. Using text/xml as MIME type will get me these errors, but when fixing the errors, it will show me an XML outline and no webpage.

--edit--

I almost forgot the best argument: Progressive HTML download, aka showing part of the page before the full HTML code has been downloaded.

--edit2--

To push it even further, here are all loaded DLLs after firing up IE and letting it download the Neowin forum page.

http://www.tomservo.cc/ientsd.txt

I fail to any XML components to be loaded. MSXML is missing. But in this one, I make IE load an XML file with XSL:

http://www.tomservo.cc/ientsd_xml.txt

Thanks, no need to remind me that I'm a wisecracker. :)

Edited by Tom Servo

argh, now this happening is becoming an regular occurance too...

edit, i just edited my post.. well imagine that image.. now imagen that in the forum while editing posts...

im beginng to believe my IE is messed up... but its only happening on this site

argh, now this happening is becoming an regular occurance too...

edit, i just edited my post.. well imagine that image.. now imagen that in the forum while editing posts...

im beginng to believe my IE is messed up... but its only happening on this site

that would be the .CSS file not downloading properly

Wisecracker :p

First, I was and still am going off memory, so I probably am wrong. Doesn't mean i'm not stubborn :p So, I'll let you be right for this one if you want...

Wisecracker :p

First, I was and still am going off memory, so I probably am wrong. Doesn't mean i'm not stubborn :p So, I'll let you be right for this one if you want...

LOL

Well, you can still convince with proof that tells me wrong. :D

But I'm also still interested to why IE freaks out on XML errors, where it's per theory not supposed to.

Is anybody else getting an XML error on certain topics. It's randon, so it's impossible to tell which topic is going to give me an error. I tried searching, but clicking on the search button brings an XML error...

So, am I the only one?

Screenshot below, just to indicate what I'm talking about:

post-19-1063131769.jpg