Meet the browser: Firefox Next

39 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

Would be nice if these were externally 2016 Goal. I am still waiting for a Browser that does not crash. I am now using Fx48 B10 and so far so good(Y)

You want a browser that does not crash but you are on the beta channel? LOL

Granted when I used to be on the Firefox beta channel it was rock solid but Firefox in general has been rock solid since stopped installing Flash a year ago.

Just now, Demz said:

well thats good. i tend to not use Beta's or Nightly's anymore. im to lazy to compile them myself :D

I used to use Nightly's 's all the time but got too old.

Just now, oldtimefighter said:

You want a browser that does not crash but you are on the beta channel? LOL

Granted when I used to be on the Firefox beta channel it was rock solid but Firefox in general has been rock solid since stopped installing Flash a year ago.

I got on The Beta as the stable 47.0.1 was worse. This one is good. I have flash set to ask to activate and I do not have Java installed.

Just now, Gary7 said:

I got on The Beta as the stable 47.0.1 was worse. This one is good. I have flash set to ask to activate and I do not have Java installed.

Well that is the thing with beta channels... The next one may not be so good.

8 minutes ago, oldtimefighter said:

Well that is the thing with beta channels... The next one may not be so good.

The next one will be RC1 so it should be better.

13 minutes ago, Gary7 said:

The next one will be RC1 so it should be better.

Oh, I didn't know Firefox is discontinuing future development so there will be no more beta releases. That sucks... /s

2 hours ago, oldtimefighter said:

Oh, I didn't know Firefox is discontinuing future development so there will be no more beta releases. That sucks... /s

49 will be a Beta Release before its officially released. but 48 is finished with Beta's

7 hours ago, Demz said:

49 will be a Beta Release before its officially released. but 48 is finished with Beta's

No kidding but there is always another beta release when on the beta channel which in this case would be the first beta for version 49.

Edited by oldtimefighter

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the inline tab crash. Forget to take picture.

Really much better than the stupid window dialog. Don't when this got implemented but it is nice one..

EDIT: Image Attach

Crashed.PNG

19 hours ago, Gary7 said:

I do not use e10s. I am now using Firefox 49 Beta 3 and it seems to be more stable than Fx 47.

For me is stable but changing between  tabs seems slower than the "normal" version.

22 hours ago, rsnn said:

Do you guys see quite often the white spinning loading page while changing between tabs with e10s? Using the 48 version, the stable one.

If you use any extensions try temporarily disabling them all and see if that makes any difference. Some addons use compatibility shims with e10s which can significantly impact performance (even potentially making it worse than without e10s). You can also go to about:performance for addon performance statistics

42 minutes ago, ViperAFK said:

If you use any extensions try temporarily disabling them all and see if that makes any difference. Some addons use compatibility shims with e10s which can significantly impact performance (even potentially making it worse than without e10s). You can also go to about:performance for addon performance statistics

I'll try that thanks ;)

EDIT: After a few tests I think it was the Ghostery addon.

Edited by rsnn

1 hour ago, rsnn said:

For me is stable but changing between  tabs seems slower than the "normal" version.

I use Tab Mix Plus and never tried Ghostery.  But I can switch tabs just as fast as in Fx 47.

4 hours ago, Demz said:

why a New UI  ? 

Because Australis UI (to me personally) gives yuck feel. :-)

11 hours ago, Zlip792 said:

Because Australis UI (to me personally) gives yuck feel. :-)

thats why you have Addons etc , if you want the Classic look back, there is an Addon for that, but why do you care? you do use Chrome/Chromium afaik , but get used to it, there not gonna change it.  as long as it works on websites i visit thats all i care about really. , but no ones stopping you from Forking the Browser an doing your own thing . or use Pale Moon . does Pale Moon use Australis? no idea

Imo the Australis UI is very beautiful. Way more beautiful compared to the one Firefox had before as well as Chrome's one. Out of all the browsers actually(Opera, Edge etc), I find Australis the most beautiful. I love not only the curved tabs but the toolbar as well. The only thing I don't like is the addons page - something feels out of place. I don't know if it's the sidebar inside the addons page or something else. Oh well, who cares though about the addons page? :p

On 15/08/2016 at 8:39 AM, Demz said:

thats why you have Addons etc , if you want the Classic look back, there is an Addon for that, but why do you care? you do use Chrome/Chromium afaik , but get used to it, there not gonna change it.  as long as it works on websites i visit thats all i care about really. , but no ones stopping you from Forking the Browser an doing your own thing . or use Pale Moon . does Pale Moon use Australis? no idea

or use WaterFox